X's and O's Changes in Personnel

He was last year , the players loved him. After every win they’d run up to him hugging him. Pushing him to the middle of the field. Then the hype and media love started. It smells of jealousy to me. Which is common in bad locker rooms.
@Cribby, what do you think the difference with Garcia is? Why did the team respond to him more? Surprised with TVD's performance at this point. Is the locker room really that bad right now?

Advertisement
It makes sense when you read that he’s never had any of their numbers.. which is wild.

I bet money Garcia does..

Players and recruits love Garcia.. the kid has it, and plays like it..

Just watch that Netflix show he was on.. dudes want to be around him and play hard for him..

TVD to busy playing golf and doing podcasts.. he ain’t relating to these dudes.. nor does he look like he spends extra time forming a bond with any of them outside of X
When that came out those details really bothered me. Another red flag.

Advertisement
Serious question: is it just me or does it or has it seemed like these guys really didn’t play hard for TVD? Talking about all previous games?

I see no connection, especially on the sideline. The only guy talking to TVD prior to being pulled and after being pulled was X or TVD was solo.

I get the coaching thing with Gattis but I see a different level of energy around Jake. It could all be in the moment but man, I don’t know, something seems off there.
1664075614894.jpeg

Last edited:
@Cribby, what do you think the difference with Garcia is? Why did the team respond to him more? Surprised with TVD's performance at this point. Is the locker room really that bad right now?
Tbh he gave the team a spark but the O still looked bad. Minus a bunch of penalties one score doesn’t happen. I said during the BCU game he looks off , like he’s thinking versus playing. He had happy feet and was patting the ball which is a tell tell. He’s not comfortable and guys aren’t open. Tbh he looks broken. That said this offense is just an awful fit. At this point Jake gives us the best chance to win but if Gattis doesn’t make changes it won’t matter.

Tbh he gave the team a spark but the O still looked bad. Minus a bunch of penalties one score doesn’t happen. I said during the BCU game he looks off , like he’s thinking versus playing. He had happy feet and was patting the ball which is a tell tell. He’s not comfortable and guys aren’t open. Tbh he looks broken. That said this offense is just an awful fit. At this point Jake gives us the best chance to win but if Gattis doesn’t make changes it won’t matter.
Thanks for the response, and completely agree with your assessment. I attributed last week's loss more to a lack of execution on O, but this week has made it crystal clear that we have some major schematic issues to deal with. Doesn't help when you turn it over a million times, but we can't run this no-tempo offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes sir , I’ve mentioned this a few times. Former OL and Defensive coaches normally have their ways of doing things. Credit to Saban for always evolving.
There was an article Mario tried to hire a spread guy, but was turned down.

Is there any hope/possibility that Mario will try to get that type of OC next year?

Stop bleeding the play clock. Give the QB more freedom.
Kept saying during the game when Garcia got in, that being down 14 was a death wish because it’ll take us 5-6 minutes just to take down to 7. What did we do. Took a 7 minute drive and turn over on downs at the 1. At least get some momentum going when we are down.

Advertisement
Oh, and if anyone else is wondering, the who fake clap to see the coverage is a disguise by the defense at this point. There’s enough game film to show when we check out of on call and the defense is in man, they go straight to zone and take away all our throwing options. Which we think we are checking to weak spot in their call, but we just call ourselves into a jam.

Advertisement
Back