X's and O's Changes in Personnel

Advertisement
Playcalling and philosophy needs a complete redo in 2 weeks (no big deal).

As far a players, Jake over Tyler at this point seems obvious, right? O line maybe can use a little shaking up.

No more Redding, Ivy or Flagg. They're just not fast enough so at their best they take up a spot on the field, at their worst are a complete liability.

I want to see Wes and Chris Graves on defense (eff it, let them learn out there). I don't remember if I saw Gilbert Frierson or Chase Smith play today, was hoping to see them play more at this point.

I also wanted to see Horton play today, expecting a blowout. Wasn't expecting us to be the team getting blown out.

Garcia needs to start. The offense looked alot better with him at QB. And we were down a ton so MTS knew we were throwing. WRs didn't look as bad when he was in the game. TVD locks onto 1 player and that's it. Normally it's X and today it was Ladson. We need to see Jake start and see what this offense can do with Jake because it ain't clicking for TVD

Jake doesn’t have the arm that TVD has but he seems to have a much better chemistry with the young receivers. TVD is the epitome of dullness. He looks completely unsinspired out there.
when Jake was being recruited, the receivers were SUPER close w him from his class. it makes sense that they're closer w him now since a lot of the guys that get reps now are his class

Advertisement
Playcalling and philosophy needs a complete redo in 2 weeks (no big deal).

As far a players, Jake over Tyler at this point seems obvious, right? O line maybe can use a little shaking up.

No more Redding, Ivy or Flagg. They're just not fast enough so at their best they take up a spot on the field, at their worst are a complete liability.

I want to see Wes and Chris Graves on defense (eff it, let them learn out there). I don't remember if I saw Gilbert Frierson or Chase Smith play today, was hoping to see them play more at this point.

I also wanted to see Horton play today, expecting a blowout. Wasn't expecting us to be the team getting blown out.
I knew Redding was slow but now that we know he can’t catch balls consistently either (last week & this week) he needs to take a seat.

Advertisement
Let’s not overthink the QB spot.

Spencer Rattler was preseason all NIL last year at Oklahoma, Lincoln did what he had to do…

“I knew everything I need to know about Mario when I saw…”

It’s been 4 games…

Go!
Personally, I am not there yet with Mario. I still believe he will get this right. He has to for all of our sakes as fans, but forced to pick one, it would be the long drives when down by a lot of points as if we are winning the game.

Do you see Mario putting Gattis on thin ice or is he all in with him ?

I know you’ve said this is what Mario wants but I can’t see him stickin with Gattis if this is the best we can do

Even if he does, it is a band aid until the inevitable

Advertisement
Personally, I am not there yet with Mario. I still believe he will get this right. He has to for all of our sakes as fans, but forced to pick one, it would be the long drives when down by a lot of points as if we are winning the game.

Agreed. But if the last 5 coaches got that treatment, Mario gets no pass simply because the Board got their guy…

In fact, Mario deserves more scrutiny because he’s a zillion dollar coach from Oregon…not from Temple, learning on the job, or with health issues at the end of his career…

Agreed. But if the last 5 coaches got that treatment, Mario gets no pass simply because the Board got their guy…

In fact, Mario deserves more scrutiny because he’s a zillion dollar coach from Oregon…not from Temple, learning on the job, or with health issues at the end of his career…
Understand but he also didn’t inherit a stacked roster. There were major holes and we all knew that. Certainly, I didn’t expect it to be with the QB.

The coaching, staff, etc, that’s all on him (I think defense we are good coaching wise). The OC is an issue. I will give Mario the benefit of the doubt to try and fix this and it might not happen until next year.

Understand but he also didn’t inherit a stacked roster. There were major holes and we all knew that. Certainly, I didn’t expect it to be with the QB.

The coaching, staff, etc, that’s all on him (I think defense we are good coaching wise). The OC is an issue. I will give Mario the benefit of the doubt to try and fix this and it might not happen until next year.

The main issue for my antics is simply that we were told all last year that we were a competent coach away from winning 10 games. Every comment about the players not executing the last 10 years has been met with the coaches being the problem. Well here we are… again

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back