Chaney involved in car accident

Putting aside the wins and losses, I always respected the heck out of Golden for the care that he showed Malcolm Lewis immediately after he suffered that horrific foot injury in 2012.

bcmgv.jpg

tumblr_mb2n67IvTt1rge74zo1_1280.jpg

Can you imagine Nick Saban doing that?

Or after his dismissal, going to see Artie Burns mother in the hospital.

I still think Golden would be our HC here had he just had the balls to fire Donofrio. He had an eye for talent.

Advertisement
Putting aside the wins and losses, I always respected the heck out of Golden for the care that he showed Malcolm Lewis immediately after he suffered that horrific foot injury in 2012.

bcmgv.jpg

tumblr_mb2n67IvTt1rge74zo1_1280.jpg

Can you imagine Nick Saban doing that?

Or after his dismissal, going to see Artie Burns mother in the hospital.

I think it's easy to forget just based on the type of black & white/defined line banter we engage in regarding sports but a lot of times these are complicated and nuanced people just like real life.

As far as Golden specifically, I've heard a lot of good stories (and saw some personally) about him doing good stuff or being a good dude. But then you also eventually did hear some ****ty ones from credible people too.

I dunno. I guess most people are just layered and big time sports and rising the ranks in them can probably accentuate a lot of those layers- good and bad.

Towers were completed in 1968. So it has to be after that.

Mark Light Stadium was built between 1972 and 1973.

So it has to be within that time period from 1968-1972.
Imagine surviving the horrors of Vietnam, coming back home and utilizing the GI Bill for what you think will be a 4 year vacation in paradise at the beautiful University of Miami and their newly constructed residential towers.

I wonder how many dudes just reenlisted and ended up back in the jungle after realizing what living in the towers really was like?

Advertisement
Donald Chaney Jr. is doing fine and didn't sustain any injuries in a car accident just off the University of Miami's campus Thursday in Coral Gables, his father told the Miami Herald. “No injuries,” Don Chaney Jr. said in a text message, “doing well.” (from: miami Herald)
Now that I know Chaney is fine, I just want to point out that saban and alabama are obviously tampering with our players. Ruiz needs to get that kid something better than a challenger.

Imagine surviving the horrors of Vietnam, coming back home and utilizing the GI Bill for what you think will be a 4 year vacation in paradise at the beautiful University of Miami and their newly constructed residential towers.

I wonder how many dudes just reenlisted and ended up back in the jungle after realizing what living in the towers really was like?
That played into the school’s risk abatement strategy, which, if you’ll believe it, they utilized through the past school year: all the betas are assigned rooms in Stanford

I love pics like this. Thanks for sharing. Never knew there was an old school railway where the MetroRail was built. I'm guessing it was part of the Flagler line which ran to Key West? Look at all the empty lots across San Amaro. No stoplight at San Amaro and Ponce.

Yeah, that University rail station was part of the Flagler line. I used to work on the Ibis yearbook at UM, and I've seen some amazing photos in the yearbooks of the 1950s and 1960s. There was a great one showing the football team arriving back on campus (via train) after notching some big upset, and it was just amazing to see how the students used to respond to the football team, even as far back as the 40s and 50s.

Yeah, that University rail station was part of the Flagler line. I used to work on the Ibis yearbook at UM, and I've seen some amazing photos in the yearbooks of the 1950s and 1960s. There was a great one showing the football team arriving back on campus (via train) after notching some big upset, and it was just amazing to see how the students used to respond to the football team, even as far back as the 40s and 50s.
Was it the win over Purdue?

Advertisement
I think it's easy to forget just based on the type of black & white/defined line banter we engage in regarding sports but a lot of times these are complicated and nuanced people just like real life.

As far as Golden specifically, I've heard a lot of good stories (and saw some personally) about him doing good stuff or being a good dude. But then you also eventually did hear some ****ty ones from credible people too.

I dunno. I guess most people are just layered and big time sports and rising the ranks in them can probably accentuate a lot of those layers- good and bad.
he was a really nice guy. just not the right guy for the job here. he has a very nice family too and seemed to be raising his kids well.

on the flip side, he had a very "smartest guy in the room" thing going on at times that could be abrasive.

Donald Chaney Jr. is doing fine and didn't sustain any injuries in a car accident just off the University of Miami's campus Thursday in Coral Gables, his father told the Miami Herald. “No injuries,” Don Chaney Jr. said in a text message, “doing well.” (from: miami Herald)
Hope this kid stays healthy and has a phenomenal season. Glad he's ok 👍🏽

Advertisement
Back