Chaney Commits

When I saw Chaney outrun angles my jaw dropped. Only my 2nd year in the recruiting world but man does this kid fly! If he sticks he’s a massive pickup for our Canes. Haven’t seen Gore’s HUDL tape before but if this kid’s like him, I’ll gladly watch him toting the rock on Saturdays. Does anyone think we get any transfers out of our current RB group given what’s in front (Lingard, Davis/Harris) and what’s coming behind with Chaney?

Advertisement
When I saw Chaney outrun angles my jaw dropped. Only my 2nd year in the recruiting world but man does this kid fly! If he sticks he’s a massive pickup for our Canes. Haven’t seen Gore’s HUDL tape before but if this kid’s like him, I’ll gladly watch him toting the rock on Saturdays. Does anyone think we get any transfers out of our current RB group given what’s in front (Lingard, Davis/Harris) and what’s coming behind with Chaney?
I doubt it. Asa just transferred in. His first year eligible will have Deejay as a SR, Lo and Cam as JRs, Chaney as a FR. Good chance at least one of those guys jumps early, giving Asa decent burn the following year and setting him up well for the future. Now burns might jump but I don’t see it.

Advertisement
Kid is fast, looks like 4.3 speed to me. I haven't seen anything like this since Lamar Miller and this kid might be faster than Miller.

I doubt it. Asa just transferred in. His first year eligible will have Deejay as a SR, Lo and Cam as JRs, Chaney as a FR. Good chance at least one of those guys jumps early, giving Asa decent burn the following year and setting him up well for the future. Now burns might jump but I don’t see it.

Ok thanks. I would think with the talent we’ll possess at the RB position that someone might get frustrated and take advantage of the new Portal transfer rules. I would obviously hate for that to happen but am trying to be realistic here given how things trend.

Advertisement

I look at what we have brewing in the RB room (if Chaney stays committed), and I think of what Gurley and Michel were saying leading up to the Super Bowl about UGA being RBU. They combined for barely 130 yards.

Maybe it's because I live near Athens and have to deal with these morons on a daily basis, but I hope I can soon start shoving **** right back in their faces. The recruiting news so far has been nothing but positive...let's hope it pans out on the field.

Some more color with regards to Chaney:

He played the majority of the season with a hurt ankle. Missed one game due to the ankle and played minimally in 3 others (something like 1-2 carries in these games).

The ankle and missed time surely affected his production and unfortunately resulted in him not making 1st team All-Dade. He was on track to replicate Jaquan Johnson’s accomplishment of being 4x all-dade (he was 1st team each of the past 2 years), but unfortunately he missed the cut this year.

Burns could transfer hasn't seen the field

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back