Chances of a game Friday night...

I told y'all that weeks ago that we weren't exactly speaking on all of this. It hasn't been just a small number of freshman for weeks now. All of college football is doing it cause networks and conferences are pressing schools. If I had to guess the backlash is probably from far higher up. But that is just a guess on my part. Went up to nephew game this weekend & the number of kids quarantined in the hotel who still played for both teams was alarming to say the least... Far too many assumptions being made with kids health all around the country.
I doubt that we play with fire too much considering we’re conservative by nature and we’d be in deep crap with the ncaa

Advertisement
Pretty ridiculous to insinuate that it's anyone's fault (Manny or the kids) and making assumptions that people aren't "doing the right things" off the field.

Say what you want about this virus, but one thing that there is no debate about it how insanely contagious it is. There's simply no way to completely guarantee you keep it out of your building long-term. However, if there's a ton of actual positives, that's disheartening, because if you're socially distancing and following all guidance, there shouldn't be rampant transmission. But if you just had a couple kids actually test positive and everyone else is being quarantined out of caution, that's probably the best you can hope for. Guys in the NFL are getting it, and it's literally their job to NOT get it. Kind of hard to point fingers at kids or a coach if you have a positive test here or there.

Cool thing is nobody will ever really know what the situation is, because Miami guards this kind of information like it's data from Area 51.
Spot on.

If we are up to 19 quarantined I don’t see how we play. That number will keep growing. See Florida and other schools as examples. By the time you trace/test positive for it, you are already too late. It has jumped to others before the test even pick it up.

19 quarantined doesn't actually sound too bad. Some of these are probably near the end of their quarantine period, assuming it includes all the guys from 2 weeks ago. Unless a position group is totally ravaged, if we get to 10-12 by Friday, I would imagine that's enough to play.

19 quarantined doesn't actually sound too bad. Some of these are probably near the end of their quarantine period, assuming it includes all the guys from 2 weeks ago. Unless a position group is totally ravaged, if we get to 10-12 by Friday, I would imagine that's enough to play.

im assuming all 19 are new and not counting those out two weeks ago against Virginia.

If any if this is true we will hear about it from the university tomorrow. Diaz can’t keep wraps on positive Covid results with a game in 3 days.

Advertisement
poop diarrhea GIF

If any if this is true we will hear about it from the university tomorrow. Diaz can’t keep wraps on positive Covid results with a game in 3 days.

a really yes he can. We will not be told who has it out who is out for tracing. We will just be told there is or isn’t a game. It’s school policy not to comment on it

Advertisement
Why do you assume that?

Not being snarky. Just wondering.

I would think the 6 for two weeks ago are back based on how long ago that was. So assuming the new numbers don’t include them. I could be wrong though. It’s been at least 12 days for those original guys.

Advertisement
If the team flies up Thurs my guess is we are playing but very little in life is 100% a sure thing.
This was my question, I assume we fly thursday but does anyone know? I get its a short flight but flying on Friday to then go straight to the stadium, unload, do walk throughs, eat, and warm up seems unrealistic.

Advertisement
I would think the 6 for two weeks ago are back based on how long ago that was. So assuming the new numbers don’t include them. I could be wrong though. It’s been at least 12 days for those original guys.
It's only been 10 days since the UVA game. I guess it depends when they entered the protocol. I read somewhere that the quarantine period is 2 weeks, but I could be wrong too.

If it's truly just contact tracing, we might be OK. But it's going to be close.

Advertisement
Back