Championship Drive Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet despite her incompetence she gets promoted to host a college football discussion show. She absolutely didn't derserve it, but it's a social justice move by espn because if they put a guy in charge, the left would scream that it's sexism and espn should be boycotted.

See. This is what I mean.

No evidence that she was promoted because she's a woman.

But the allegation is made because you have a political agenda to push.

ESPN is more a victim of politicization than a purveyor of it.

Advertisement
Well, if athletes had chosen a different venue to demonstrate, then we probably wouldn't have had this issue, right?

So, again, as long as people don't have their sensibilities hurt then the protest is OK.

That's the point of a protest!

The fact that a bunch of (mostly) illiterate and uneducated couch potatoes choose not to understand what it was about doesn't make it an inappropriate forum.

They would just like to watch a sports network that is not intertwined with politics.

But where is politics intertwined with sports on ESPN?

We're deep into this thread and still nobody has been able to give an example.

Topics discussed during segments is a good place to start. At times, it moves away from sports and becomes political banter. If people wanted to hear that, they could turn on CNN or Fox.

What seems evident to you — someone who holds a different worldview than the President or others — is not clear to every other viewer.

It's clear to me because I'm educated on the topics that I comment on.

To know that this was about police brutality is just about the most obvious thing about this issue.

Advertisement
520315_1.jpg

The definition of a white supremacist is the following: a person who believes that the white race is inherently superior to other races and that white people should have control over people of other races. Tell me what evidence you have that substantiates this definition.

By the way, I'm not even a Trump supporter — ****, I didn't vote for the guy, but the over the top rhetoric is insane.

Ok. Let's start with his Chief political strategist, white supremacist Steven Bannon, did I mention he was his CHIEF political strategist?

His energy secretary, Rick Perry, invites people to a hunting camp where there is called "ni99erhead" rock and use it for target practice.

Grand wizard of the kkk fully supports Trump, his campaign, his polices. What could Trump say and do that appeases the grand wizard of the kkk?

Stuart Miller, one of his policy advisors, said that Richard Spencer, avowed white supremacist, was his mentor while he was at dook.

He wants a travel ban against muslims, walls to lock out native Americans, nothing for Africa or African Americans.

Look at his cabinet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Topics discussed during segments is a good place to start.

But the topic might be NFL players kneeling which was a national issue.

Are you suggesting that ESPN shouldn't talk about the President of the United States calling for a boycott of the NFL?

I agree that it has nothing to do with the military, but the fact the protests occurs at that time and place, allows the issue to become clouded.

Only to people with an agenda to push.

Or people who lost a loved one overseas, and would prefer that they engaged in their protest at another time/place.

Sorry to hear about your loved one, but hey they have the freedom to protest when/where they choose. Also, they're protesting because they're hurting too, best way to get them to stop is to listen to them and work towards ending the practices that cause these protests.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what does "cutting the cord" mean? I have not heard that expression.
Term used to describe the trend of people dropping their cable/landline bundles in favor of internet only plans, and relying on streaming services for sports and tv shows.

Thanks. After reading the rest of the debate I figured that was the case. Funny, my wife and I are exploring our options to disconnect our cable. Sports is the only reason why I have cable. Trying to see if I can stream the games. Cable is just too expensive.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Grand wizard of the kkk fully supports Trump, his campaign, his polices. What could Trump say and do that appeases the grand wizard of the kkk?

This is probably the strongest evidence.

The fact that every single ****, KKK and white nationalist group don't just like Trump but LOVE Trump.

And he doesn't do anything to distance himself from them.

Last edited:
Or people who lost a loved one overseas, and would prefer that they engaged in their protest at another time/place.

Again, those people are either changing the subject or aren't educated on the topic.

I don't care if they lost a love one.

What does that have to do with a kneeling protest?

It's so childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back