2024 Chalil Cummings CB from Starke, FL

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Was offered by Mario last August and highlighted by @DMoney as an under the radar prospect likely to blow up in the rankings soon

Advertisement
@DMoney in today's bank

- There has been a lot of talk about CB Ricky Knight (Benjamin), but the DB I'd keep my on is Chalil Cummings out of Starke, Florida. He is extremely versatile and Miami is all over him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
UM vs USCe?

Yeah, it came from Canesport's article on him.

“They were one of the first teams that started recruiting me, so you’ve got to show loyalty to who showed you loyalty first,” Cummings told CaneSport. “When we got here, they were very welcoming of us and greeted us. You don’t even have to come down here to know what Miami is, but it’s beautiful down here.”

According to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine, South Carolina is currently the favorite to secure Cummings’ pledge with a 13.5%, closely followed by the Hurricanes with an 11.5%, and a slew of other teams with single-digit percentages.

“Miami is probably showing me the most love right now,” Cummings said. “I’ve visited a couple of schools around my area, but Miami fits me the most. The culture, people, and just everything It’s just a blessing to be a recruit. They’re giving you the opportunity to go play.”

“We were watching the defensive backs, and they got in some great work,” Cummings said. “Coach Addae was coaching them up, and everyone was being very coachable.”

“I talk to him quite often,” Cummings said. “He’s keeping our relationship tight.”

CaneSport’s take

One thing Cummings loved about Miami was the great historic players who roamed the secondary, such as Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. “When I see that U the first thing I think of is DB U (Defensive Back University,” Cummings said. Miami looks to be in a good spot early with Cummings, and by the looks of it, the Starke native is not opposed to calling Miami home.

Think we'll take 6 DB's total this cycle? Feel like we need 3/3 corners and safeties.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I went to the Bradford ( Starke ) game last night and let me just say it was the best football game I’ve ever been to. You couldn’t have written a movie script that was better. The environment blew me away, I wasn‘t expecting what I saw from the level of athletes there and how locked in the fans were. That school will be a problem going forward with what they have in the chamber going back to Pop Warner. We need to pay more attention to them in recruiting circles the next few classes. It’s a small country town but there’s good ball there.

The team they’re playing for State next week ( Cocoa) in Tally beat Aquinas but got robbed by officials . They also beat Bradford in State final last year. So they’re playing real competition.

Anyways, I watched Chalil live and he’s a good football player. Fast and a legit 5’10 -5’11. CC had a 70 yard td reception in the third quarter , he played wr and safety most of the night. Rarely came off for a play.

Imo he’s a for sure Fbs player , G5 and maybe even a middle / bottom tier P5 school recruit. My only knocks are he didn’t make the one on one plays he should make if he’s a legit P5 guy. He also loafed on run plays that ran away from him. One ending up with a cut back and ends up a 60 yard run. If he was locked in it was a 10-15 yard run. To his credit he then hustled down field when he saw the back break , and made the tackle on the one. It ended up a td.

Watching him live I’ll say I get why the UF’s, Miami’s and Fsu’s never got serious. Nice player though.

I just thought I’d pass it on since he was on our board at one time. Once again an absolutely amazing game.

Last edited:
I thought the same thing when I seen him live a few times..good player but we can do better
I went to the Bradford ( Starke ) game last night and let me just say it was the best football game I’ve ever been to. You couldn’t have written a movie script that was better. The environment blew me away, I wasn‘t expecting what I saw from the level of athletes there and how locked in the fans were. That school will be a problem going forward with what they have in the chamber going back to Pop Warner. We need to pay more attention to them in recruiting circles the next few classes. It’s a small country town but there’s good ball there.

The team they’re playing for State next week ( Cocoa) in Tally gave Aquinas their only loss this year. They also beat Bradford in State final last year. So they’re playing real competition.

Anyways, I watched Chalil live and he’s a good football player. Fast and a legit 5’10 -5’11. CC had a 70 yard td reception in the third quarter , he played wr and safety most of the night. Rarely came off for a play.

Imo he’s a for sure Fbs player , G5 and maybe even a middle / bottom tier P5 school recruit. My only knocks are he didn’t make the one on one plays he should make if he’s a legit P5 guy. He also loafed on run plays that ran away from him. One ending up with a cut back and ends up a 60 yard run. If he was locked it was a 10-15 yard run. To his credit he then hustled down field when he saw the back break , and made the tackle on the one. It ended up a td.

Watching him live I’ll say I get why the UF’s, Miami’s and Fsu’s never got serious. Nice player though.

I just thought I’d pass it on since he was on our board at one time. Once again an absolutely amazing game.
I agree..was chopping it up with Gator DB Ahmad Covington about that…only thing I will say is Mario is that dude…could have all them jits if he really wanted too…

1702352682331.jpeg

Advertisement
Back