OSU-7
Miami-71

3rd down conversion %

OSU-1
OU-5
LSU-6
Clemson-14
Miami-Dead ******* last

Obviously stating the obvious here, but in today's day and age of college football you have to be able to score points. I don't know how Diaz can look at today's college landscape and continue to employ En_s. The leap we'd have to take to even be an average offense would be massive, and even that size of a leap wouldn't put us where we need to be. This offensive style of football isn't conducive to to winning at the highest level-ask Kirby Smart and UGA. We NEED to go spread in order to just be relevant again.

Advertisement
We need an OC who can adapt the scheme to the available roster to maximize their talent.

What we've got is one who has a scheme that will work for a precise combination of personnel that we don't have.

All Spread offenses. Once the bluebloods adapted and put their top players in the same system that the smaller schools did to try to keep up, it was over..

Meanwhile at miami, we are still pro style bro..

Said it when he was hired that minimal improvement wouldn't be enough to make fans happy. Anytime your O ranks 60th, worse, it means that you are either very average, or wildly inconsistent. Seeing as how we were ranked lower, we were just consistent at being bad. Enos never did anything that made me think he was even a half decent hire. His track record was one that resembled a downward spiral. What the **** Diaz saw in him is beyond me. And to think he's the highest paid coordinator we have ever had.

This is why you don’t hire a defensive minded Head coach. Get me an offensive minded coach and then you will ALWAYS be in the mix. You can be successful with a potent offense every year despite what you have on defense(see LSU this year and Oklahoma the last few years...)

Advertisement
This is why you don’t hire a defensive minded Head coach. Get me an offensive minded coach and then you will ALWAYS be in the mix. You can be successful with a potent offense every year despite what you have on defense(see LSU this year and Oklahoma the last few years...)
I don’t disagree with wanting a head coach to come from the offensive side. We clearly need to get with the times

We are screwed because Blake James went out of his way to not hire the best person for the job

Manny put together a crap staff

The results on the field doesn’t surprise me at all

If you're going to hire a defensive minded HC, you'd better have a **** good OC. Problem is, a defensive minded HC will not want the O going fast, because he will always want to protect his D. So instead of attacking and going fast, taking advantage of talent advantages, you see an O constantly stuck in the mud. Diaz doesn't want a fast paced O, because he is afraid of his D getting tired. Idiot move, really, because if you attack and get a lead, the D can really pin its ears back. That is not something we really got to see this year.

My biggest concern is the overall team IQ, including the coaching staff. We just do the wrong thing at the wrong time, every single time. We look like we simply don't know how to play the game. That's ALL from the top. So, we have a go slow, defensive minded head coach, coupled with a horrible, horrible OC. If that's not a recipe for disaster, I don't know what is. I won't even get started on the QB room.

Effort, discipline, football smarts... Three things we are sorely lacking. I just don't see Manny being able to fix any of those problems,

I don’t know why so many think the spread is some sort of magic pill.

You don’t automatically get good just because you use the spread.

You need to run it effectively.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you're going to hire a defensive minded HC, you'd better have a **** good OC. Problem is, a defensive minded HC will not want the O going fast, because he will always want to protect his D. So instead of attacking and going fast, taking advantage of talent advantages, you see an O constantly stuck in the mud. Diaz doesn't want a fast paced O, because he is afraid of his D getting tired. Idiot move, really, because if you attack and get a lead, the D can really pin its ears back. That is not something we really got to see this year.

My biggest concern is the overall team IQ, including the coaching staff. We just do the wrong thing at the wrong time, every single time. We look like we simply don't know how to play the game. That's ALL from the top. So, we have a go slow, defensive minded head coach, coupled with a horrible, horrible OC. If that's not a recipe for disaster, I don't know what is. I won't even get started on the QB room.

Effort, discipline, football smarts... Three things we are sorely lacking. I just don't see Manny being able to fix any of those problems,
Points win games, not time of possession

Going back to when Manny was hired, and fire the old offensive staff,

If he doesn’t totally revamp the offensive staff now he’s a farce, liar, used car salesman

Some posters think that any guy who runs a spread is going to bring success.

That’s not the case.

Coley went mostly spread in 2015 and we sucked.

You need a good OL to run any type of offense successfully and ours is horrible.
NO ONE is saying this.. This is moving the goal post.. classic..

"When the hate dont work, they start telling lies!"

Advertisement
NO ONE is saying this.. This is moving the goal post.. classic..

"When the hate dont work, they start telling lies!"

Fool.

I think Enos is horrible.

I also think that a spread will not solve all our issues.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Fool.

I think Enos is horrible.

I also think that a spread will not solve all our issues.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive.
lets get a successful true spread coach in here and then we can worry about other issues.. Lets atleast enter the 21 century of offenses.. We are basically GT now

I don’t know why so many think the spread is some sort of magic pill.

You don’t automatically get good just because you use the spread.

You need to run it effectively.
The spread isn't a magic fix. It does however, allow for a greater margin of error--both personnel wise and execution wise. You don't need fourth and fifth year seniors on the OL to open up holes, or a QB that needs three years to digest a playbook.

You can call a run play that's not blocked up properly but because of a numbers advantage that spread offense traditionally create, the play still gains positive yards.

Advertisement
lets get a successful true spread coach in here and then we can worry about other issues.. Lets atleast enter the 21 century of offenses.. We are basically GT now

That’s an absolutely absurd comparison.

We use plenty of spread concepts.

The Spread does allow for a greater margin of error--both personnel wise and execution wise. You don't need fourth and fifth year seniors on the OL to open up holes, or a QB that needs three years to digest a playbook.

You can call a run play that's not blocked up properly but because of a numbers advantage that spread offense traditionally create, the play still gains positive yards.
Agreed.

The spread isn't a magic fix. It does however, allow for a greater margin of error--both personnel wise and execution wise. You don't need fourth and fifth year seniors on the OL to open up holes, or a QB that needs three years to digest a playbook.

Which is why we need to boot whatever the Fvck we are doing and go to the spread. You are never going to recruit lineman like uga is doing and even if you do doesn’t mean success(see their offense this year ). Get a dominant scheme that attacks defense and everything will work itself out. We literally got sold bullsh*t by Diaz and got the EXACT opposite of what he was promising, would expect nothing less from a politicians son

Advertisement
Back