CFP Final Washington vs Michigan

But, but, but, remember that the experts on CIS were selling us hard on the Huskies and it was generational this and historical that.

As predicted by everyone who put their emotions aside and analyzed the matchups, The Huskies had a very narrow path to victory and Michigan still shot themselves in the foot so much, that they almost allowed Washington to snatch a victory. But, like most predicted, Michigan was too much and they pulled away in the 4th.
The only way I saw a Huskies victory was if Penix Jr had a 2006 NC Vince Young type dominant performance. I thought he would have one and I was wrong. Partly because I thought the Huskies OL would neutralize Michigan's DL. Man they ate the Joe Moore Award winners alive!!! Penix was getting hit ALL game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why is it called mario ball if Harbaugh does it better? Anyway, Michigan was one of most disciplined teams when I went back and watched them, top 2 in nation in turnover margin, top 2 in penalties, GREAT tackling team, limited turnovers, no mistakes. Mario team is one of most penalized annually since oregon, until he gets that fix gonna be hard to do.

Also Harbaugh got ravens coaches on loan from his brother after covid year. Prior to that Harbaugh was 49-22 from '15-20. After that he is 40-3 with a natty. We not recruiting Will Johnson like 5 star corners either.. We actually dont give af about DBs it seems..
Mario ball because it's the same philosophy. Powerful elite lines that are dominant with a pulverizing /unstoppable running game. But yes Michigan unlike Miami are one of the smarter, turnover free teams, most disciplined teams in the nation. That's where Mario ball has to evolve into Harbaugh ball if they are ever to win a chip. I mentioned that too in the article I wrote:

Mario ball because it's the same philosophy. Powerful elite lines that are dominant with a pulverizing /unstoppable running game. But yes Michigan unlike Miami are one of the smarter, turnover free teams, most disciplined teams in the nation. That's where Mario ball has to evolve into Harbaugh ball if they are ever to win a chip. I mentioned that too in the article I wrote:

I go to games and watched mich tape.. We are a looooooooooooooong way off.. Our head coach dont even know when to take a victory and kneel.. We are not even in same country right now.. 7n5 coming up..

I know 7-10 ain't trying to tell me about this playoff life. Enjoy the show.

Hey, don’t worry my guy; I took OUR fishing boat out to Lake Michigan just a tad bit earlier than u. When the time is right, I’ll make sure I’ll send the boys to come get u, so u can sit right next to me.

The only way I saw a Huskies victory was if Penix Jr had a 2006 NC Vince Young type dominant performance. I thought he would have one and I was wrong. Partly because I thought the Huskies OL would neutralize Michigan's DL. Man they ate the Joe Moore Award winners alive!!! Oenix was getting hit ALL game.
When you look at their schedule, they really didn't play an elite team until they faced Texas and because of the matchups, I predicted Washington would win.
In fact, if BAMA had played Washington, they probably would've beaten them as well because of their overall physicality and the way Milroe was playing at the end of the year, he would've gone off on Washington's D.

Michigan had the #1 D and it showed.

Advertisement
When you look at their schedule, they really didn't play an elite team until they faced Texas and because of the matchups, I predicted Washington would win.
In fact, if BAMA had played Washington, they probably would've beaten them as well because of their overall physicality and the way Milroe was playing at the end of the year, he would've gone off on Washington's D.

Michigan had the #1 D and it showed.
yeah their defense was nasty nasty nasty. Crazy part alot of what got both teams here was player development.:

IMG_6917.jpeg

Michigan had the #17 portal class last year. And 5 of the were starters, 3 of them were contributors and one was backup QB. You don't have to be FSU with the portal, but if you're not, you need to make it count. And lean on your coaching and culture. Also, developing your recruits year over year so you're just adding competition and high level contributors.

100% and their secondary rarely makes mistakes that lead to busts. Tonight was the first one I saw since they played Maryland.
THEY DONT MAKE MISTAKES. They dont miss tackles, dont get penalties (refs might love them because I saw some blatant miss calls today), dont turnover the ball, dont blow coverages, just sound ball.. 5 offensive turnovers ALL SEASON.. TVD could do that in a half and Mario will look like he constipated on sideline not knowing if he should take a knee

Advertisement
Why is it called mario ball if Harbaugh does it better? Anyway, Michigan was one of most disciplined teams when I went back and watched them, top 2 in nation in turnover margin, top 2 in penalties, GREAT tackling team, limited turnovers, no mistakes. Mario team is one of most penalized annually since oregon, until he gets that fix gonna be hard to do.

Also Harbaugh got ravens coaches on loan from his brother after covid year. Prior to that Harbaugh was 49-22 from '15-20. After that he is 40-3 with a natty. We not recruiting Will Johnson like 5 star corners either.. We actually dont give af about DBs it seems..
And I dunno but it seems like all of the Big 3 FL schools are always bad and below average on penalties through multiple different coaching regimes.

Optimal system for the talent pool is probably what the spread boyz say, Briles system that can lean on a powerful OL but that gets athletes in space and doesn't go plodding and then plays aggressive complimentary defense with great edge rushing.

You want enough possessions that any given botched timeout or dumbass penalty or bad holding call or missed safety is a smaller percentage of the total game.

THEY DONT MAKE MISTAKES. They dont miss tackles, dont get penalties (refs might love them because I saw some blatant miss calls today), dont turnover the ball, dont blow coverages, just sound ball..

Aye you don't gotta tell me lol if it ain't our UM I'm cheering for, it's theirs. They're selfless. They swarm tackle. They're not afraid to take on a block to ensure their trailing teammate is there to make the play. Such a smart. Disciplined. Selfless team.

I’m really impressed with Washington‘s coaching staff. Penix makes a few more throws and reads and they win

Aye you don't gotta tell me lol if it ain't our UM I'm cheering for, it's theirs. They're selfless. They swarm tackle. They're not afraid to take on a block to ensure their trailing teammate is there to make the play. Such a smart. Disciplined. Selfless team.
I was watching their D and I was like wtf.. then realized they got Baltimore ravens coaches on loan and it made sense. But STILL its impressive as **** to see them rally to ball, not miss tackles, swarm, not blow coverages, play sound D and just choke every offense out. Since Baltimore coaches came 40-3 with a trophy..

Advertisement
I’m really impressed with Washington‘s coaching staff. Penix makes a few more throws and reads and they win
I think there were some things there they could of done but they didnt. They should of ran screens early because mich was bailing and playing coverage, also tempo to not let mich set their D, I know you want to shift and motion but every play doesnt work if they are comfortable. The offense moved the ball before half when they went tempo, offensive coaches get cute sometimes (mich oc did same going away from run early)

I was watching their D and I was like wtf.. then realized they got Baltimore ravens coaches on loan and it made sense. But STILL its impressive as **** to see them rally to ball, not miss tackles, swarm, not blow coverages, play sound D and just choke every offense out. Since Baltimore coaches came 40-3 with a trophy..
They've been built to beat Ohio St, and Washington is similar. But when they ran into UGA, they had to make changes within their S&C and had to get older. Last year, they took TCU for granted and JJ was a bonehead. This year, it all clicked. And it took years in the making. That **** don't happen over night man. Yeah they got NFL coaches but you can scheme guys into the right place, they gotta make the plays. You can callll the perfect call, but your boys gotta play mistake free

Advertisement
They've been built to beat Ohio St, and Washington is similar. But when they ran into UGA, they had to make changes within their S&C and had to get older. Last year, they took TCU for granted and JJ was a bonehead. This year, it all clicked. And it took years in the making. That **** don't happen over night man. Yeah they got NFL coaches but you can scheme guys into the right place, they gotta make the plays. You can callll the perfect call, but your boys gotta play mistake free
yea Harbaugh record '15-20 and he was 49-22. Since Ravens coaches came on scene in '21 they are 40-3. He probably goin to nfl, job is done.

yea Harbaugh record '15-20 and he was 49-22. Since Ravens coaches came on scene in '21 they are 40-3. He probably goin to nfl, job is done.
Coaches help but he had Gattis too one year lmao he had to be a better game coach and had to let go and get out of the offenses way. They also made changes in their S&C to be this way too. Coaching is the main factor, which leads to key changes and development.

I got Michigan too. Their front four is the most talented front Washington will face and thats without the weird creepers and stunts.

Penix is elite at getting rid of the ball before getting hit and preventing negative plays, but he'll eat a few I'm afraid.
@Rellyrell

we told em 🤷

Another point ive made multiple times is: The brostyle works best when you have a QB that can pick up 3rd and 6-10s with his legs.

McCarthy was not a world beater this entire season. His legs and protecting the ball was more important than him throwing for 50 TDs and 7000 yards. One 3rd and long backed up behind his own 20 and he runs that MF for 22 yards for a first. That one play killed UW momentum and it flipped the field

My point was proven.

Advertisement
Back