CFP Final Washington vs Michigan

Washington never adjusted to the QB pressure and you do not deserve to win a national championship if you cannot do that. They, or Penix, continued to try and push the ball down field and by the 4th quarter it was clear they don't have the answer. The guy is getting knocked down EVERY play. Screens, slants, roll the pocket, do something but for the love of God stop throwing it down field.

51 pass attempts and 20 rush attempts for a game that was one score in the 4th. He looked visibly frightened and was obviously hurt but let's just keep trying.
My guy. A 4 man rush ate their lunch. They did a few stunts but they rarely blitzed the entire game.

Im afraid there is no adjustment to 4 Dlineman just owning you up front.

Advertisement
THEY DONT MAKE MISTAKES. They dont miss tackles, dont get penalties (refs might love them because I saw some blatant miss calls today), dont turnover the ball, dont blow coverages, just sound ball.. 5 offensive turnovers ALL SEASON.. TVD could do that in a half and Mario will look like he constipated on sideline not knowing if he should take a knee

One thing their really good at is playing very aggressive but shielding the refs from it. Their DBs pull and hold but make sure their within a tough pov.

Definitely Ravens imprint all over that as they have done that same **** for years. I love it. They make it really hard on the refs to decipher.

d still wins ****ies
Adam Ruins Everything Jail GIF by truTV

Advertisement
Yea that is why the theory of Mario working still holds IMO, you can get skill dudes in the portal and with SFL location advantage but Mario can recruit and develop OL and it looks like Jason Taylor can recruit and develop DL and those are the positions that are more rare and that set the contenders apart because of the limited supply.

Mario is never gonna coach as well as DeBoer or Harbaugh or Willingham but if he can develop the talent he is recruiting then he doesn't need to do much.
Another understated thing he said was the HC has to recruit. If the HC ain’t taking point in all position (big pause) groups then u cooked on trying to become elite.

Michigan just look different than us. Their D is full of grown *** men, their secondary guys are bigger than most of our LBs. They absolutely bullied Bama and UW, we are a long way from being able to do that.

Hey, don’t worry my guy; I took OUR fishing boat out to Lake Michigan just a tad bit earlier than u. When the time is right, I’ll make sure I’ll send the boys to come get u, so u can sit right next to me.
Yall kept Eberflus and are about to draft Caleb Williams. That boat got leaks put ya life jacket on and call for help you about to go under.

THEY DONT MAKE MISTAKES. They dont miss tackles, dont get penalties (refs might love them because I saw some blatant miss calls today), dont turnover the ball, dont blow coverages, just sound ball.. 5 offensive turnovers ALL SEASON.. TVD could do that in a half and Mario will look like he constipated on sideline not knowing if he should take a knee

100 percent! We aren’t far off from a talent perspective, but in terms of development, culture, scheme, scheme execution, coaching, discipline we are very far away.

Michigans margin of error was very small. It’s not a model that is consistently sustainable.

Advertisement
JJ McCarthy

10 of 18 for 140 yards and zero TDs.

👆👆👆

That kind of Quarterbacking just won a championship.

Let that sink in.

And Stedston Bennett the last two seasons.

What it comes down to is being physically dominant but also having good coaching to Maximize talent, know how to scheme play makers and playing smart and executing

And Stedston Bennett the last two seasons.

What it comes down to is being physically dominant but also having good coaching to Maximize talent, know how to scheme play makers and playing smart and executing
Compare McCarthy’s numbers to Bennett’s numbers in the past two title games. It’s definitely NOT the same thing.

Stetson Bennett vs Alabama 17-26, 224 yards, 2 TDs.

Stetson Bennett vs TCU 18-25, 304 yards, 4 TDs

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back