CFP Final Washington vs Michigan

Yup strength on strength, its why that is most intriguing part of game to me. Last year you watch their game the tcu game and I dont know if they didnt respect them or what but they were in man coverage ALOT and TCU COOKED them with screens and pick routes. They probably play zone close to 80% this year tho, 2 high safety. Many teams for some reason give UW single high safety even tho they are not really a running team.. and they get cooked with slot fades or corner routes..
I think they make penix attack the middle of the field, they gonna test the timing of their pass game and make him layer his throws inside the numbers and short to intermediate because his deep ball accuracy is too good to stop lol and his receivers especially odunzie are killas. That plus them switching up the looks and sending pressure, Washington got alot on their hands lol

If penix lights this defense up he’s gonna be placed into the caleb/maye level prospects to me

Advertisement
Normally, my better judgement always tells me to go with the more physical team, but even though Penix and the WR’s get all the credit, Washington is actually much better on the LOS than people give them credit for, especially their O-Line. I said it the other day, but I think Washington’s mindset going into this game should be, “28 points.” I think if they score 28 or more they’ve got this game because Michigan doesn’t have the type of offense to get involved in a shootout. All year I’ve felt Michigan was built to win a NC, but here in the final hour I’m changing my pick..

Washington 31

Michigan 24

Washington by a bunch. To finally show you this tough physical football **** is not the only way to win. You can win passing the **** ball and putting up number. Not that UW isn’t a tough team. They absolutely play harder than strictly finesse
They have a nasty OL too

Whats funny is this stuff has been around for decades now but its best suited for this era because offenses have evolved. Its been at the high school level and college and since the nfl is adapting some of the offensive stuff from college the nfl is combating it with mixing up this stuff
yup whats old is new again. Defenses have definitely caught up to spread offenses nowadays, I think numbers were actually down in nfl this season, teams might have to go back to ground and pound lol..

I think they make penix attack the middle of the field, they gonna test the timing of their pass game and make him layer his throws inside the numbers and short to intermediate because his deep ball accuracy is too good to stop lol and his receivers especially odunzie are killas. That plus them switching up the looks and sending pressure, Washington got alot on their hands lol

If penix lights this defense up he’s gonna be placed into the caleb/maye level prospects to me
I think if this is their gameplan they will be COOKED. They arent a greedy or tempo offense, they will take intermediate ALL DAY. I think McMillan will show out, with him being hurt half the year people forgot he led UW in rec last season and 2nd half of year on their 6 game win streak he was leader in yards and tds. I think they throw alot of screens at them also, wr middle screens and TE, RB, etc.

Normally, my better judgement always tells me to go with the more physical team, but even though Penix and the WR’s get all the credit, Washington is actually much better on the LOS than people give them credit for, especially their O-Line. I said it the other day, but I think Washington’s mindset going into this game should be, “28 points.” I think if they score 28 or more they’ve got this game because Michigan doesn’t have the type of offense to get involved in a shootout. All year I’ve felt Michigan was built to win a NC, but here in the final hour I’m changing my pick..

Washington 31

Michigan 24

Yup, their OC Grubbs is oline coach for many many years, he just really became qb coach recently, their offense is built to make sure qb is protected first. They gave up 7 sacks last season and 11 this season. 18 total in two years for a passing teams. For reference Michigan oline has given up 19 THIS season with 200 LESS PASSING ATTEMPTS JUST THIS YEAR compared to Wash. Simulated pressures are tough to deal with but bama gave up 49 sacks this year so not a surprise they were a mess. Also Dillon Johnson was probably one of the top RB in nation 2nd half of season and actually has more yards than the more revered Blake Corum.

Advertisement
UO was cool on Def, but UofM was on another level. As I’ve tried to explain these were UWs opponents:

Boise - 107th in Passing Def
Tulsa - 127th in Passing Def
MSU - 86th in Passing Def
Cal - 128th in Passing Def
UA - 90th in Passing Def
UO - 54th in Passing Def
ASU - 119th in Passing Def
Stanford - 130th in Passing Def
USC - 101st in Passing Def
UU - 65th in Passing Def
OrSU - 82nd in Passing Def
WASU - 89th in Passing Def
UT - 113th in Passing Def

Are u seeing the trend of UW this season? They played by far the worst passing defenses all year out of any team this yr, & have been in straight shoot outs. They only beat Oregon Round 1 was b/c Lanning was way too aggressive, leaving points on the board + a K who missed a chippy & round 2, the refs blew a fumble on Penix that gave UW new life giving them go-ahead score.

They’ve not faced a defense anywhere near Michigan’s caliber: 2nd against the pass, 8th against the run. With that said, IF Washington’s leaky defense can keep Michigan’s run game in check & not allow McCarthy to play complimentary football, then UW has a real shot, but if UofM is allowed to play their game, it’s going to be a two score win for Meechigan, imh(humble)opinion.

My lil homie will be on the sidelines for UW & may get a ring as an early enrollee I heard so I’m stoked for him.
Agree on a lot of those points, but keep in mind that, besides OSU, Mich hasn't faced good passing offenses all year and nothing like UW:

ECU - 122nd
UNLV - 55th
Bowling Green - 104th
Rutgers - 124th
Nebraska - 126th
Minn - 123rd
Indiana - 82nd
MSU - 96th
Purdue - 84th
PSU - 78th
Maryland - 21st - put up 247 yards and lost by 7
OSU - 30th - put up 271 and lost by 6
Iowa - 127th
Alabama - 68th

UW's defense isn't great statistically - especially passing defense - but isn't that somewhat typical of teams that score quickly and often? Forces other teams to pass a lot?

wash wins tonight imo. Michigan is absolutely lucky they didn't play UGA in the playoff.

Advertisement
Since I'm a devout Catholic/Methodist/Hindu/Buddhist, my heart is with man's best friend the Husky's... but my wallet says go Wolverines.

As long as the Gators, Noles, or Buckeyes have no chance of winning the ship im cool with whoever wins it
Teen Choice Awards 2016 GIF by FOX Teen Choice

LSU/Bama too

Put my hat in for Michigan--take the over. Washington, 23; Michigan, 38

Advertisement
wash wins tonight imo. Michigan is absolutely lucky they didn't play UGA in the playoff.

UGA was not very good this year compared to years past in TrumpyCane's opinion

You honestly think Mike Bobo would have schemed a decent offensive gameplan? Yeah right

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back