CFP Final Washington vs Michigan

Advertisement
U don’t think oregons D was close to Michigans ?

UO was cool on Def, but UofM was on another level. As I’ve tried to explain these were UWs opponents:

Boise - 107th in Passing Def
Tulsa - 127th in Passing Def
MSU - 86th in Passing Def
Cal - 128th in Passing Def
UA - 90th in Passing Def
UO - 54th in Passing Def
ASU - 119th in Passing Def
Stanford - 130th in Passing Def
USC - 101st in Passing Def
UU - 65th in Passing Def
OrSU - 82nd in Passing Def
WASU - 89th in Passing Def
UT - 113th in Passing Def

Are u seeing the trend of UW this season? They played by far the worst passing defenses all year out of any team this yr, & have been in straight shoot outs. They only beat Oregon Round 1 was b/c Lanning was way too aggressive, leaving points on the board + a K who missed a chippy & round 2, the refs blew a fumble on Penix that gave UW new life giving them go-ahead score.

They’ve not faced a defense anywhere near Michigan’s caliber: 2nd against the pass, 8th against the run. With that said, IF Washington’s leaky defense can keep Michigan’s run game in check & not allow McCarthy to play complimentary football, then UW has a real shot, but if UofM is allowed to play their game, it’s going to be a two score win for Meechigan, imh(humble)opinion.

My lil homie will be on the sidelines for UW & may get a ring as an early enrollee I heard so I’m stoked for him.

UO was cool on Def, but UofM was on another level. As I’ve tried to explain these were UWs opponents:

UA - 90th in Passing Def
UO - 54th in Passing Def
UU - 65th in Passing Def

Are u seeing the trend of UW this season? They played by far the worst passing defenses all year out of any team this yr, & have been in straight shoot outs. They only beat Oregon Round 1 was b/c Lanning was way too aggressive, leaving points on the board + a K who missed a chippy & round 2, the refs blew a fumble on Penix that gave UW new life giving them go-ahead score.

They’ve not faced a defense anywhere near Michigan’s caliber: 2nd against the pass, 8th against the run. With that said, IF Washington’s leaky defense can keep Michigan’s run game in check & not allow McCarthy to play complimentary football, then UW has a real shot, but if UofM is allowed to play their game, it’s going to be a two score win for Meechigan, imh(humble)opinion.

My lil homie will be on the sidelines for UW & may get a ring as an early enrollee I heard so I’m stoked for him.
Now do Mich passing offenses they faced and QBs.. And I am on record that after the season Mich AND Baltimore defenses have had in both cfb and nfl that their defense of simulated pressure with split coverage that rotates to different looks gonna take over in copycat sport for sure but if they both win ship, they might take over the world, lol..

Advertisement
Might be the best possible matchup i can think of

I picked Michigan before the year so ill stick with them..Even tho my heart likes washington more just stylistically

Michigan defense does enough. Penix has struggled some vs pressure and michigan schemes it up well, their dbs are good especially ,so i think they will hold up just enough. I usually always go with the better qb but i think michigan will drag this game into the mud

Just seems like its Michigan year to win it, they been battle tested these last few years.
Before season I had Michigan having a great chance because when I saw their offseason videos and the amount of talent they had coming back was impressive and they had their qb coming back while all the usual suspects were breaking in new QBs (UGA, OSU, Bama, Clem)..

Diving into their games their defense is DAM impressive, that Baltimore defense is giving **** on all levels of football and both teams might be able to ride with a ship. Its hard because they literally played no qbs this season, best qbs were Allar, Mccord, taulia. They do a ton of simulated pressure stuff, tied to split field coverages, but its more than that also, they show different pres snap looks and rotate to different looks post snap, cover 4, cover 6, tampa 2, etc. Also very good at not busting coverages, and they rally to ball and tackle very well.. Impressive defense but rarely challenged. Even against OSU they only had to worry about Marvin jr. as they had special brackets and double coverages for him..

I doubt they would but if they did that with Odunze, UW is not a stingy team, McMillan will EAT. Funny because McMillan missed half of the year many underestimate how he was essentially 1b last year and actually led team in receptions last season, and on thier 2nd half of season 6 game win streak he led team in yards and TDs. This isnt a OSU one elite guy with other good wr, this is more lsu Jamar Chase/Jefferson, **** I would say even better because in his absence this season Polk was a 1,000+ WR this year, Bernard has made plays this season, even Jiles has plays in big games this year.

If their oline can handle Mich simulated pressures, they should be good. Grubbs is an oline coach for years, their offense is known for big plays and they do 5 out alot but when they take shots they will slide, max protect, holding 1-2 even 3 back if they have to.. Only game I saw they had trouble with protection was ASU. Other than that Bama gave up 49 sacks this year and was almost dead last in nation, UW is #4 with 11 sacks given up.. For comparison Mich has given up 19 sacks while throwing 200 times less than UW.

As you can see this battle is the one that intrigues me and key to game, Mich D doesnt have to be perfect unless UW D forces turnovers. I got to ride with Penix and those WR. They gave me alot of fun football to watch this year. Kalen is a lower division coach who got a chance and making most out of it and bought his crew with him, thats a great story, would love to see them pull it off.

Last edited:
Gonna have to roll with Washington in this one, something irritates me about teams winning championships who are actively being or were investigated for cheating, whoops wait, I meant “bending the rules”, I just can’t root for teams like that and I also have daydreams about what the Huskies offense looks like compared to nightmarish scenarios of our offense. In all honestly 430 comes early for the morning shift so I’ll probably be asleep before the 1st kickoff 🤷🏼‍♂️

Now do Mich passing offenses they faced and QBs.. And I am on record that after the season Mich AND Baltimore defenses have had in both cfb and nfl that their defense of simulated pressure with split coverage that rotates to different looks gonna take over in copycat sport for sure but if they both win ship, they might take over the world, lol..
East Carolina 120th

Unlv 55th

Bowling green 104th

Rutgers 124th

Nebraska 126th

Minnesota 123rd

Indiana 82nd

Mich st 96th

Purdue 84th

Penn st 78th

Maryland 21st

Ohio st 30th

Iowa 127th

Alabama 68th

Washington is number 1. So both teams number 1 status could be inflated. It should be interesting.

East Carolina 120th

Unlv 55th

Bowling green 104th

Rutgers 124th

Nebraska 126th

Minnesota 123rd

Indiana 82nd

Mich st 96th

Purdue 84th

Penn st 78th

Maryland 21st

Ohio st 30th

Iowa 127th

Alabama 68th

Washington is number 1. So both teams number 1 status could be inflated. It should be interesting.
Yup strength on strength, its why that is most intriguing part of game to me. Last year you watch their game the tcu game and I dont know if they didnt respect them or what but they were in man coverage ALOT and TCU COOKED them with screens and pick routes. They probably play zone close to 80% this year tho, 2 high safety. Many teams for some reason give UW single high safety even tho they are not really a running team.. and they get cooked with slot fades or corner routes..

Advertisement

ECU - 120th in Passing O
UNLV - 55th in Passing O
BGU - 104th in Passing O
The Mighty Rutgers - 124th in Passing O
Nebraska - 126th in Passing O
Minn - 123rd in Passing O
UI - 82nd in Passing O
MSU - 96th in Passing O
Purdue - 84th in Passing O
PSU - 78th in Passing O
UM - 21st in Passing O
O$U - 30th in Passing O
IU - 126th in Passing O
Bama - 68th in Passing O

So yeah, UofM played some very, VERY **** poor passing teams, but they’ve also played a couple of decent passing teams, namely Maryland & O$U. Neither are on the level of UW, but the difference is UW didn’t play not one decent passing defense. This is really the best match up we could ask for, & get to see does Def/ball control still win chips, or the flashing lights of offense. This is legit a great matchup featuring strength on strength.

ECU - 120th in Passing O
UNLV - 55th in Passing O
BGU - 104th in Passing O
The Mighty Rutgers - 124th in Passing O
Nebraska - 126th in Passing O
Minn - 123rd in Passing O
UI - 82nd in Passing O
MSU - 96th in Passing O
Purdue - 84th in Passing O
PSU - 78th in Passing O
UM - 21st in Passing O
O$U - 30th in Passing O
IU - 126th in Passing O
Bama - 68th in Passing O

So yeah, UofM played some very, VERY **** poor passing teams, but they’ve also played a couple of decent passing teams, namely Maryland & O$U. Neither are on the level of UW, but the difference is UW didn’t play not one decent passing defense. This is really the best match up we could ask for, & get to see does Def/ball control still win chips, or the flashing flights of offense. This is legit a great matchup featuring strength on strength.
Yuppp, I fully expect the UM Offense and UW defense to be the main story after the game, lmaoo.. Or it could be special teams (Mich specials were TERRIBLE in rose bowl). Watching those games above, Maryland had a bunch of turnovers and a forced fumble on simulated pressure confusing the line returned for TD.. Butttt I saw some things with RPO and such that gave Mich defense issues. I could see wash doing something similar, even with tunnel screens, wr middle screens, TE middle screens, I expect them to cook regardless, or atleast I am tryna talk myself into believing that..

Just feel like mich had a one game season and they have to know the plays prior, lol.. Man Penix yellin free the guys, Im rocking with em!!!

Before season I had Michigan having a great chance because when I saw their offseason videos and the amount of talent they had coming back was impressive and they had their qb coming back while all the usual suspects were breaking in new QBs (UGA, OSU, Bama, Clem)..

Diving into their games their defense is DAM impressive, that Baltimore defense is giving **** on all levels of football and both teams might be able to ride with a ship. Its hard because they literally played no qbs this season, best qbs were Allar, Mccord, taulia. They do a ton of simulated pressure stuff, tied to split field coverages, but its more than that also, they show different pres snap looks and rotate to different looks post snap, cover 4, cover 6, tampa 2, etc. Also very good at not busting coverages, and they rally to ball and tackle very well.. Impressive defense but rarely challenged. Even against OSU they only had to worry about Marvin jr. as they had special brackets and double coverages for him..

I doubt they would but if they did that with Odunze, UW is not a stingy team, McMillan will EAT. Funny because McMillan missed half of the year many underestimate how he was essentially 1b last year and actually led team in receptions last season, and on thier 2nd half of season 6 game win streak he led team in yards and TDs. This isnt a OSU one elite guy with other good wr, this is more lsu Jamar Chase/Jefferson, **** I would say even better because in his absence this season Polk was a 1,000+ WR this year, Bernard has made plays this season, even Jiles has plays in big games this year.

If their oline can handle Mich simulated pressures, they should be good. Grubbs is an oline coach for years, their offense is known for big plays and they do 5 out alot but when they take shots they will slide, max protect, holding 1-2 even 3 back if they have to.. Only game I saw they had trouble with protection was ASU. Other than that Bama gave up 49 sacks this year and was almost dead last in nation, UW is #4 with 11 sacks given up.. For comparison Mich has given up 19 sacks while throwing 200 times less than UW.

As you can see this battle is the one that intrigues me and key to game, Mich D doesnt have to be perfect unless UW D forces turnovers. I got to ride with Penix and those WR. They gave me alot of fun football to watch this year. Kalen is a lower division coach who go a chance and making most out of it and bought his crew with him, thats a great story, would love to see them pull it off.
Agree 100%, im thinking the same about everything. Penix picking this defense apart could raise his stock even more, he’s had some struggles vs pressure and i think Michigan can scheme some up.

I thought Bama would beat Michigan because I don’t trust their offense mainly the qb and wrs but I figured since they won imma just stick with Michigan. I think they can get the run game going and give jj some schemed open shots and control the clock while they defense do just enough they can control the game

This could backfire because Washington doesn’t need hella drives to score they could be down and then just find something for a couple drives and take the lead and comeback. But i think Michigan is better in the trenches on both sides so ill stick there

Advertisement
Going for UW because i enjoyed going to Pac-12 games when i lived in Arizona (was at the game in 2018 when Arizona ran over a top 15 Oregon team led by Mario), so i want the conference to go out on top

UA - 90th in Passing Def
UO - 54th in Passing Def
UU - 65th in Passing Def

Nope

UA - 90th in Passing Def
UO - 54th in Passing Def
UU - 65th in Passing Def

I gotta role with UW bro lol. I got peeps on that squad plus I sat in on the UW Defensive clinic last offseason. DB coach and DC are some cool down to earth dudes.

Advertisement
I gotta role with UW bro lol. I got peeps on that squad plus I sat in on the UW Defensive clinic last offseason. DB coach and DC are some cool down to earth dudes.

I legit have no dog in this fight; I have several close frats who played for UofM back in the day & my lil cousin is an alum from their, but like I said, the lil homie will be on their sidelines as an EE & will be playing for them next season.

The only tilt is I got this annoying homeboy who’s a big UofM fan, & he promised us if they win, he’s going to make our lives miserable until next CFPCG, & remind us how great his team is compared to ours. Lol. U know what? I have my answer. Lol. Let’s Go Huskies baybeeeeeeeee!

UA - 90th in Passing Def
UO - 54th in Passing Def
UU - 65th in Passing Def

I got Michigan too. Their front four is the most talented front Washington will face and thats without the weird creepers and stunts.

Penix is elite at getting rid of the ball before getting hit and preventing negative plays, but he'll eat a few I'm afraid.

I dont like the Michigan angle of us against the world. They did whatever they did to themselves and while I dont think what they did is a big deal the way they handled it is whiny and self entitled

Plus, so called adversity like this in sports, isnt really real life adversity and when you are playing Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, Michigan St, etc you arent exactly fighting through it
What did they do to themselves? GO BLUE!

Whats funny is this stuff has been around for decades now but its best suited for this era because offenses have evolved. Its been at the high school level and college and since the nfl is adapting some of the offensive stuff from college the nfl is combating it with mixing up this stuff

Advertisement
Back