CFP Final Washington vs Michigan

Advertisement
Past nonsense of attempts at splitting championships aside, Washington winning is the most desirable outcome here.

Neuter both current and future SEC playoff teams and that narrative and don't reward the cheating of Crazy Jim.

I actually like Washington ML (and the over) here too. Kinda feel like they got a decent warm-up/preview in relation to what they'll face against Michigan with Texas and Michigan fans won't travel any better to Houston than Texas' did to New Orleans so they'll be used to the atmosphere too.

I kinda see McCarthy playing better than Ewers (at least more accurately) but the difference at QB shouid still be YUGE if Penix and those wideouts show up.

Washington 31 - Michigan 27

I hope Washington wins, for all the reasons you stated, but I fear it’s going to be be a two touchdown victory for the tan chinos. I don’t even know what the line is right now, but I suspect it’s Michigan by 6, I would take the over.

Exactly

***** THE BLUE
Super Troopers Police GIF

Washington handled Oregon twice so they can handle Michigan

Texas too so while it is possible Michigan beats them up Washington isnt exactly soft
Texas was moving the ball very well on the ground, but they got away from it.
They still had 4 shots to win it in the end.

Oregon (x2) and Texas were great games.
I expect the same on Monday with UW coming out on top.

Advertisement
Go Dawgs!
Amazing, growing up in Miami, witnessed the snap of 58 straight and the stomping 65-7 games and now here I am living in Seattle for the better part of the last 20 years and excited for UW. A co-worker of mine (UW alumn) flew out to Houston today.
Only thing better would be Canes & Dawgs playing the chip, a man could dream.

As a reminder UW went 0-12 in 2008 which is really hard to do when u play at least 2 cupcakes a year. There is hope Canes.

Advertisement
Might be the best possible matchup i can think of

I picked Michigan before the year so ill stick with them..Even tho my heart likes washington more just stylistically

Michigan defense does enough. Penix has struggled some vs pressure and michigan schemes it up well, their dbs are good especially ,so i think they will hold up just enough. I usually always go with the better qb but i think michigan will drag this game into the mud

Just seems like its Michigan year to win it, they been battle tested these last few years.

I'm torn on this one. Being an old man, I can remember UW ending our 58-game home field win streak in the OB in '94. Also remember them beating us in 2000, which may have been a factor in us not playing for that Natl Championship. I also like Michigan as a really young kid... All, that aside, I really like Penix, Jr. and his road to get there so cheering for UW in this one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
After saying Texas was too big for UW and watching Penix do his thing I find it difficult to pick Mich. Go Huskies.

MICH has the #1 D and it was built to stop the most talented WR core in the country (OSU*).

Pass rush may be the thing to watch here, if you don't get a good enough pass rush then Elite QB + Elite WR can beat DBs even when the DBs come correct. Like * vs Georgia last year.

Michigan by 10-14 theyre too talented and well coached to lose. Washington hasn't seen a defense like Michigan before and Michigan will move the ball at will against that terrible defense.
U don’t think oregons D was close to Michigans ?

Advertisement
Back