CFP Final Washington vs Michigan

WASH has the #97 D and 54th scoring D.

As has been said, the Huskies COULD win the game, but they have a very narrow path to victory. MICH has the #1 D and it was built to stop the most talented WR core in the country (OSU*). If Michigan comes ready, it won't be close. If Michigan comes out slowly and Washington gets up early, they have a shot, But, if Washington doesn't get up early and that MICH OL starts rolling, that's a wrap.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think this will be a high scoring game and have UW winning.

Washington will spread the ball all over as Michigan will sit back to limit big plays. That'll open up short to intermediate routes, nullifying their pass rush, and Penix will pick them apart. Then come the blitzes and they'll be exposed if Washington can pick them up.

On the flipside, how good is Washington's defense? Rankings say not very good. Guess we'll find out, but good luck Michigan if you fall behind. I'd open up the passing game to start. Everyone expects then to grind it out and limit UW's possessions.

Texas was some poor throws away and key penalties from beating this team. Washington's offense is better. I'm looking forward to the game.

Advertisement
The more I think about it, the more obvious it is that Michigan is gonna pull away by the end of the 3rd quarter. Sorry, but 94th ranked D against THAT OL and skill players and Harbaugh's playcalling and the #1 D....? Michigan by 2 scores. Pennix would have to play an A++ game AND they would need to be 2+ in TO's in order to pull it off.

The Huskies have a puncher's chance, but they have a VERY narrow path to victory. Still, it could happen. I hope it's competitive all the way till the end of the game for entertainment purposes since neither of these teams are the Canes, but I have my doubts. 94th ranked D... that's dreadful.

Last edited:
Pulling for Washington for obvious reasons. Not being on the game so I can confidently say Washington gets the W

Advertisement
Unless Michigan turns the ball over, they win.
To wit, I think UofM could be -1 in TO's and Penix plays well and the wolverines still win. Or, they could be -2 in TO's, Penix has a solid, but not great game, and they still win. If Pennix and those receivers go off AND UofM is at -2 or more in TO's, then it's a game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Meatchicken will probably win. As Klatt said, Washington has one narrow path to victory, and although it certainly could happen, Michigan has multiple paths to victory.
I see you heard it too. His analysis of the pre-game matchups were outstanding. Very unbiased and factual. Laid out paths for both to win. I agreed with him. I think Michigan will periodically slow down Washington, but can washington periodically slow down Michigan?

I have Michigan.

Advertisement
Back