CFP Committee Adopts 5 + 7 format

Advertisement
Might as well just call it the B1G vs SEC championship game.

Personally think Big 12 and ACC getting 2 AQ is not recognizing SEC and B1G enough in that 14 team model.
I would propose 16 team with 4 AQ for B1G and SEC, 2 each for B12 and ACC, 1 for G5 and 3 highest ranked.

Advertisement

Won't happen. 3 AQ's for the SEC and BIG is not going to work. Say the top 3 ranked schools from each conference goes. Then why play a conference championship game? You can go in to that game ranked #2 in the conference and exit the game ranked #4. Then it would be better to not even make the conference championship game.

They'll just end up going back to the old bowl system and no playoffs. One of the bowls will be the BIG champion against the SEC champion in a bowl (Cotton or Rose) every year. The winner of that game is the AP national champion for that football season.

Advertisement
They'll just end up going back to the old bowl system and no playoffs. One of the bowls will be the BIG champion against the SEC champion in a bowl (Cotton or Rose) every year. The winner of that game is the AP national champion for that football season.
Might get hate for this but after conference realignment settles down this would be the ideal scenario. CFB is a regular season sport, the playoff detracts from it. It's one of the things that made me fall in love with it originally as compared to the NFL.

To "qualify" means to gain privilege by fulfilling a necessary condition, i.e., winning... how can there be multiple qualifying teams if two of the three of them (in the case of the B1G and SEC) effectively lose their conference?

Advertisement
Since bowl games were just becoming pointless im not mad at this idea to give teams something real to play for even tho 12 is probably too much..Id rather 6, or maybe 8 but thats the max

Also im always gonna like the top teams playing each other, especially when its matchups we usually dont get because some teams don’t schedule many real out of conference games.

Advertisement
With the new conference members in the B10 and SEC, that's 11 of 12 teams from those conferences..
Yes.
But now those teams willl play each other during the season.
For the SEC/BIG, the playoffs start in September.

Terrence Ross Wow GIF

Advertisement
Back