CFB Season could be Delayed to January 21

I did a few searches.
Average ticket price and students ticket prices. According to this students do pay, and not all are guaranteed a seat:
I'm assuming those numbers {$20-$30 per game) are figured in to the average ticket price.
The band doesn't pay (228 students) but that number is offset by the 3-4 thousand additionally they pack in for the Meechigan game.
Wow, that’s really, really strange. The big 10 is wild. That’s crazy and greedy. Students and parents already shell out a lot for tuition

I’ve never ever seen students pay for tickets. I attended 3 universities (albeit early, mid 90s and early 2000’s) and never once paid for a ticket to a game in the student section

And I’ve got a niece at Duke and a nephew at Sanford and I’m 100% sure they don’t pay for tickets. They go to games all the time. I could be wrong but I don’t think Miami charge students for tickets either (I can’t vouch for Miami, though)

The activity fee for athletics and beyond is added to your tuition for both semesters. Students usually wait in line for their free student tickets

Advertisement
Wow, that’s really, really strange. The big 10 is wild. That’s crazy and greedy. Students and parents already shell out a lot for tuition

I’ve never ever seen students pay for tickets. I attended 3 universities (albeit early, mid 90s and early 2000’s) and never once paid for a ticket to a game in the student section

And I’ve got a niece at Duke and a nephew at Sanford and I’m 100% sure they don’t pay for tickets. They go to games all the time. I could be wrong but I don’t think Miami charge students for tickets either (I can’t vouch for Miami, though)

The activity fee for athletics and beyond is added to your tuition for both semesters. Students usually wait in line for their free student tickets

If you are paying an athletics fee, then your tickets aren't free by definition. Schools are basically selling tickets to revenue sports to students at cost(via a athletics fee), but packaging all sports into the fee. Private schools(IE Stanford, Miami, Duke, etc.) usually have enough seats available to where merely paying the fee will get you a seat, provided you show up. I remember having to fight UMiami on this topic, because I invested in Basketball & Football season tickets throughout undergrad. grad and law school(Still have the seats to this very day, despite living on the other side of the country), and them insisting that I continue to pay the fee. I told them that I refused to pay for something that I was NEVER going to use, and every year, they would cave and take the fee off of my invoice(Yes, I had to have the same fight with them year after year, you'd think someone would have made a **** note in my file)

Larger state schools don't even do that at this point. Schools like Arizona and others still charge their students for season tickets(IE a student booster club) along with having them pay the athletics fee. In order to have a chance at student tickets, you have to pay the athletics fee AND win a lottery to purchase season tickets at some schools. Here are some examples.

If you are paying an athletics fee, then your tickets aren't free by definition. Schools are basically selling tickets to revenue sports to students at cost(via a athletics fee), but packaging all sports into the fee. Private schools(IE Stanford, Miami, Duke, etc.) usually have enough seats available to where merely paying the fee will get you a seat, provided you show up. I remember having to fight UMiami on this topic, because I invested in Basketball & Football season tickets throughout undergrad. grad and law school(Still have the seats to this very day, despite living on the other side of the country), and them insisting that I continue to pay the fee. I told them that I refused to pay for something that I was NEVER going to use, and every year, they would cave and take the fee off of my invoice(Yes, I had to have the same fight with them year after year, you'd think someone would have made a **** note in my file)

Larger state schools don't even do that at this point. Schools like Arizona and others still charge their students for season tickets(IE a student booster club) along with having them pay the athletics fee. In order to have a chance at student tickets, you have to pay the athletics fee AND win a lottery to purchase season tickets at some schools. Here are some examples.

Thanks for clarifying. I’ve attended private schools throughout my university career and so have my siblings, neices and nephews, so I assumed all universities applied the athletic the same way private schools do (e.g., you won’t have to purchase tickets to athletic events outside of that per semester fee)

The State schools have a big set of balls to get away with doing that. I cannot believe patents and students aren’t push back on paying that athletic fee if they’re also making kids purchase tickets to events

They aren’t going to cancel the season. President trump said today that the he expects the NFL season to happen. And for my kids sports, they haven’t canceled them yet either. They are planning on having their spring sports. People cant live in quarantine forever. By May, people will be outside doing their normal business
Who he’ll believe any thing trump got to say ?

Advertisement
Unrealistic, if you ask me.
You can’t just show up and play on saturdays. You need to train all summer and practice daily.

Your scenario suggests testing all those stakeholders you just named for **** near daily for 7 months. And that’s what’s it’ll take....almost daily testing of players, coaches and refs to wall off the risk contagion. Not only is that impractical and unrealistic, who pays for all that?

Also, let’s assume someone were magically crazy enough to sign off on that, what about the optics? Namely, you’re wasting all those tests and resources to play a **** game while folks are sick, with no vaccine, while 10s of millions remain out of work because of the economics?

I would be really shocked to see college football in 2020, especially since kids are playing the have for free. ****, college kids might not even be on campus in 2020-2021. Campuses might still be shut down. I think that scenario is absolutely in play.

When did this virus turn into radioactive material?

Jesus Christ. You want the world shut out over a few thousand people dying?! You do realize 8k die daily in America as is.

Some of you need to gain a little grip on reality and perspective.

Advertisement
I’m not that optimist about a fall season, tbh

But we’ll have a better idea by mid June.

And there is a zero chance there will be a vaccine by the fall. Zero chance.

Yep. And that’s because Fauci and his cronies (Clinton’s, Bill/Melinda gates amongst a few select few) will decide when that vaccine comes out. Theyve gotta build the hysteria and fear first so they can shove it down the throats in mass....thus, profit!

Last edited:
24c.gif

When did this virus turn into radioactive material?

Jesus Christ. You want the world shut out over a few thousand people dying?! You do realize 8k die daily in America as is.

Some of you need to gain a little grip on reality and perspective.

Dont use Jesus Christ’s name in vain. Christ is a holy man that wants to save lives, yet you use his name to spew your evil.

Advertisement
BJ305 : If you didn't Care about politics At All! You Wouldn't go there: mentioning Trump! You are a Huge Liar! From this point on Anything You Post should Be Disregarded!

BJ305 : If you didn't Care about politics At All! You Wouldn't go there: mentioning Trump! You are a Huge Liar! From this point on Anything You Post should Be Disregarded!
Mans..just point on the doll where Trump touched you..it’s aight bruh..you have our support
1586239915428.jpeg

Advertisement

While the schools may want fans, I don't expect that to happen this fall. The good news, TV payouts should be higher as the TV companies need more live programming as all programming by this fall will be reruns since productions have been closed.

Advertisement
Back