CFB Season could be Delayed to January 21

Advertisement
wtfreaction.gif

Advertisement
They aren’t going to cancel the season. President trump said today that the he expects the NFL season to happen. And for my kids sports, they haven’t canceled them yet either. They are planning on having their spring sports. People cant live in quarantine forever. By May, people will be outside doing their normal business

They aren’t going to cancel the season. President trump said today that the he expects the NFL season to happen. And for my kids sports, they haven’t canceled them yet either. They are planning on having their spring sports. People cant live in quarantine forever. By May, people will be outside doing their normal business
By May you might be outside but business will not be normal.

Advertisement

LOL trump is a moron w this ****. OSU already announced no on campus classes this summer (which means no students). it wont happen this fall without a vax. one kid gets it, the entire sport is done again. your kids leagues are dumb as **** if they havent cancelled yet either. i dont think a jan season will happen either bc if the NFL doesnt move their deadlines, no junior/senior should even think about playing a spring season w the possibility of getting hurt right before draft day.

LOL trump is a moron w this ****. OSU already announced no on campus classes this summer (which means no students). it wont happen this fall without a vax. one kid gets it, the entire sport is done again. your kids leagues are dumb as **** if they havent cancelled yet either. i dont think a jan season will happen either bc if the NFL doesnt move their deadlines, no junior/senior should even think about playing a spring season w the possibility of getting hurt right before draft day.
No politics ****. Head to the covid board...

Advertisement

Could've also just ended your post after the first 5 words and been 100% accurate too, bro.

Still too early to tell, imo.
Yes, summer classes for most schools will be cancelled, but that is because the summer session starts (at OSU) in 4 weeks.
I could see the season getting pushed out a month or two, if we have this situation under control. The NFL will flex their schedule if that happens.
I don't see January, or even December as a start to the season.
November 1? We'll see.

Testing will be key.
The hope is a cheap, quick test is out and available to everyone in the next few months.
You don't participate if you test positive.

If that happens, a majority of out pro eligible players will sit out. Because it will bump up against preparing for pro-days and the combine

You have to think there will be some flexibility with the draft date if the season gets pushed out.

Advertisement
Still too early to tell, imo.
Yes, summer classes for most schools will be cancelled, but that is because the summer session starts (at OSU) in 4 weeks.
I could see the season getting pushed out a month or two, if we have this situation under control. The NFL will flex their schedule if that happens.
I don't see January, or even December as a start to the season.
November 1? We'll see.

Testing will be key.
The hope is a cheap, quick test is out and available to everyone in the next few months.
You can't enroll if you test positive.

OSU cancelled it for the entire summer tho. they could've just said its done for the first summer semester and possibility of opening up campus for summer 2. they just ended all in person stuff until july 31. the hope is we get a vax by the end of 2020 imo. that makes the diff bc its hard to justify large groups together again or even teams together (let alone STUDENTS) without a vax even with wide testing. it sucks we may not get a 2020 season but sports is a luxury and these college kids are still kids. if schools aren't open by fall then no football player (CFB) should be forced to show up either. obviously, a lot can change but the timeline with the vax is pretty clear in that after all trials and stuff, it will be at least early 2021 before we get one. hoping its earlier than that though. the other thing is which state will allow those things happen since they'll run on their own schedules and timelines depending on their issues.

34 states in this country have less than 100 deaths from this virus.

Another 7-8 are at 200 or less.

Imo we as a country are doing a good job of avoiding a massive national spread. This has become a New York/New Jersey centric outbreak with another half dozen hotspots that need to be controlled.

Let's see what the combination of further isolation, massive amounts of additional testing, the hot summer months and a larger sample size of people treated with the anti-malaria drug and other therapies does before deciding we won't be gathering 5 months from now.

Advertisement
Back