CFB is seriously going down the drain..

this sport is becoming unwatchable. My ESPN app just gave me an "updated" bowl projection.
Get ready for this shocker...ESPN predicts Clemson will play Alabama for the title with the Taint and the Bulldogs being the other 2 playoff road kill.

Are you kidding me?
If this is how it's going to be then just have them play and get it over with right now. We already know they are the best 2 teams so why pretend.

In an "amateur" sport such as CFB the 2 highest paid coaches are always the one's facing each other for a title once again.
This is a joke
what happened to parity?
Their needs to be some serious changes otherwise it will always be the same 2-3 teams at the top.

for starters, how about a coaching salary cap. for an amateur game they sure have large staffs with blank checks to fill them out
and I'm in favor of paying every division 1 player a "salary" which is the same regardless of what team the play for. this eliminates the bags and incentives to play for one team vs another.

I doubt any of this will happen so get ready for 10 more years of Tigers vs Tide in the NC game with an occasional buckeye or dog in there.
And when Satan retires the Tide will back up fort knox at Dabo's house and the cycle will just continue
This just in. There still is no official division one football national championship. For most of its existence people who didn't even see all the teams play voted for the team they "thought" was best. And it still continues with the "eyeball" test with who gets into the 4 spots.

I've learned to tune in every week and root for the Canes to win (and look way better than Saturday). The rest of it is all BS

Advertisement
I still love my Canes and this sport but it's been going to **** for years now. **** if our 80's teams played today we'd have 3 players left on defense the rest would be disqualified for targeting etc.just horrible what this game has turned into.

In our history we have had coaches who where at Dabo's level or better. The difference is Dabo didn't start off by making 9 Million a year, he earned that. The reason why we aren't Clemson now is because of the culture we have in place, Clemson prioritizes football while we consistently let our great coaches go and not pay them. We have always tried to go the cheap route and try to find the next "up and comer". Dan Mullen consistently threw his name as someone who was interested in the Miami job everytime it became available, same thing with the Pirate. Until our BOT gets serious about football nothing will change. We have had posters on here mention that some boosters where willing to pony up thr cash to go after Mario and Highsmith, but our BOT said nah we're cool.
The pirate. LMFAO. What has he won anywhere? And before you give me the he hasn't coached anywhere I'll tell you Mike Price took Washington State to 2 Rose Bowls and Leach took them to ZERO.

The pirate. LMFAO. What has he won anywhere? And before you give me the he hasn't coached anywhere I'll tell you Mike Price took Washington State to 2 Rose Bowls and Leach took them to ZERO
Mike Leach is still a big name in college football whether you like him or not (I'm not a Leach guy). But there is a reason MSU threw bags at him to get him. My greater point is showing that the big name coaches have interest in the job, its because our admin is cheap that we always go the up and comer route, ala Randy Shannon, Al Golden, Manny Diaz.

Advertisement
yes but the name of the game now is MONEY
Money buys you the best coaches, best facilities, best players.
only a handful of programs can compete at that level and we will never be one of those
do not forget huge staff's and state of the art PED programs as well

You’re on your own buddy. College football is better than any other sport.

Was.

College football 'was' better than any other sport, which I think was the OP's point.

College football is now run by a cartel of big conferences protecting their own interest, and ESPN protecting their investments. They work off the idea of superteams and name brands, hence the constant fluffing of a handful of teams and coaches.

College football has changed, and not for the better.

Advertisement
Was.

College football 'was' better than any other sport, which I think was the OP's point.

College football is now run by a cartel of big conferences protecting their own interest, and ESPN protecting their investments. They work off the idea of superteams and name brands, hence the constant fluffing of a handful of teams and coaches.

College football has changed, and not for the better.
That is opinion, and in my opinion, college football is better than any other brand which is why they are pushing so hard for them to get paid. Over Last few years college football has had higher ratings than any other sport.

College Football has always been a limited pool of powers taking turns dominating depending on which teams from that pool made the right hire. And then joining that pool every decade is a new kid on the block. And those limited teams dominate the decade. There’s never been a time when that wasn’t the case.

Advertisement
Back