CFB is seriously going down the drain..

Advertisement
Well Dabo now makes 9 million a year.
i'm certain that's more than our entire football staff makes combined and then some
it's hard to compete against that.
and then throw in what they pay their DC plus their facilities
good luck getting 5 stars from here consistently
In our history we have had coaches who where at Dabo's level or better. The difference is Dabo didn't start off by making 9 Million a year, he earned that. The reason why we aren't Clemson now is because of the culture we have in place, Clemson prioritizes football while we consistently let our great coaches go and not pay them. We have always tried to go the cheap route and try to find the next "up and comer". Dan Mullen consistently threw his name as someone who was interested in the Miami job everytime it became available, same thing with the Pirate. Until our BOT gets serious about football nothing will change. We have had posters on here mention that some boosters where willing to pony up thr cash to go after Mario and Highsmith, but our BOT said nah we're cool.

this sport is becoming unwatchable. My ESPN app just gave me an "updated" bowl projection.
Get ready for this shocker...ESPN predicts Clemson will play Alabama for the title with the Taint and the Bulldogs being the other 2 playoff road kill.

Are you kidding me?
If this is how it's going to be then just have them play and get it over with right now. We already know they are the best 2 teams so why pretend.

In an "amateur" sport such as CFB the 2 highest paid coaches are always the one's facing each other for a title once again.
This is a joke
what happened to parity?
Their needs to be some serious changes otherwise it will always be the same 2-3 teams at the top.

for starters, how about a coaching salary cap. for an amateur game they sure have large staffs with blank checks to fill them out
and I'm in favor of paying every division 1 player a "salary" which is the same regardless of what team the play for. this eliminates the bags and incentives to play for one team vs another.

I doubt any of this will happen so get ready for 10 more years of Tigers vs Tide in the NC game with an occasional buckeye or dog in there.
And when Satan retires the Tide will back up fort knox at Dabo's house and the cycle will just continue
Wait, was it unwatchable when we were dominating every year?

Whoever it is in the Final, the way CFB is played these days I predict the final score to be 68-67, with both QBs passing for over 1000 yds and 8 TDs. Fans will eat it up!

People will start ignoring the CFP and aiming for conference championships and a good bowl game.

Advertisement
Wait until half the scholarships go to women, and tackling is no longer allowed.
Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

this sport is becoming unwatchable. My ESPN app just gave me an "updated" bowl projection.
Get ready for this shocker...ESPN predicts Clemson will play Alabama for the title with the Taint and the Bulldogs being the other 2 playoff road kill.

Are you kidding me?
If this is how it's going to be then just have them play and get it over with right now. We already know they are the best 2 teams so why pretend.

In an "amateur" sport such as CFB the 2 highest paid coaches are always the one's facing each other for a title once again.
This is a joke
what happened to parity?
Their needs to be some serious changes otherwise it will always be the same 2-3 teams at the top.

for starters, how about a coaching salary cap. for an amateur game they sure have large staffs with blank checks to fill them out
and I'm in favor of paying every division 1 player a "salary" which is the same regardless of what team the play for. this eliminates the bags and incentives to play for one team vs another.

I doubt any of this will happen so get ready for 10 more years of Tigers vs Tide in the NC game with an occasional buckeye or dog in there.
And when Satan retires the Tide will back up fort knox at Dabo's house and the cycle will just continue
Completely agree.
They should expand the playoff so every team gets in and stop keeping score.
That way they could award wins and eventually championships on important things like how cool the uniform is or the number of hours of community service performed.

there is too much competition in this world. Let everyone win.

Advertisement
This is ridiculous. If it were just money, why is texas perennially a disappointment?

there are plenty of big programs in big conferences with alumni that will spend. But programs have to be BUILT.

The right coach, right staff, right culture, right S&C, right kids. Consistently. Over years.

Its not just about money, but it's by far the most important thing. Without it you don't even have a chance of competing for a championship in this sport. How many private schools with small enrollment & alumni base are currently contending for championships in this sport?

Our fans are delusional and have unrealistic expectations. UT is 1 HC away from being an annual NC contender because they actually have infrastructure in place to facilitate that. MIA does not. If you replace Saban with Herman, UT not only replicates Bama's success, but probably surpasses it. You can't say the same thing about MIA

Last edited:
Completely agree.
They should expand the playoff so every team gets in and stop keeping score.
That way they could award wins and eventually championships on important things like how cool the uniform is or the number of hours of community service performed.

there is too much competition in this world. Let everyone win.

You're too stupid to understand that not instituting spending limits only undermines the competitive balance, and integrity of the sport.

Advertisement
In our history we have had coaches who where at Dabo's level or better. The difference is Dabo didn't start off by making 9 Million a year, he earned that. The reason why we aren't Clemson now is because of the culture we have in place, Clemson prioritizes football while we consistently let our great coaches go and not pay them. We have always tried to go the cheap route and try to find the next "up and comer". Dan Mullen consistently threw his name as someone who was interested in the Miami job everytime it became available, same thing with the Pirate. Until our BOT gets serious about football nothing will change. We have had posters on here mention that some boosters where willing to pony up thr cash to go after Mario and Highsmith, but our BOT said nah we're cool.
Our last coaching search did not last a full 24 hours. Nor did we conduct any interviews. That tells me all I need to know about our athletic department.

Are you kidding me?

This is a joke
what happened to parity?

tenor (7).gif

Our last coaching search did not last a full 24 hours. Nor did we conduct any interviews. That tells me all I need to know about our athletic department.

Wha that tells you is the issues plaguing this program go much deeper than athletic director competence.

Advertisement

Are you kidding me?

This is a joke
what happened to parity?

If that happens....if Alabama and Clemson combine for 15 of the next 20 national champion games....college football will be in trouble. That sort of dominance will drive down viewership, traditional or streaming. Other programs will try to outspend them for a time and build new facilities and hire new coaches, but eventually this will be realized as futile. Eventually it will just lead to massive contraction of D1 programs as schools will choose to eliminate money-losing programs.

It's getting quite dull. Alabama and Clemson are dominating the playoff era, with Oklahoma doing it's best to be a consistent third place finisher (made appearances in 4 out of the last 5 tournaments)

1603663148824.png

Advertisement
Back