2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

Advertisement
My guess is they’re getting their ducks in a row in case Young ends up committing elsewhere.

But what I hope we’re doing is making sure we have a backup plan as well.

It explains our recent re-interest in Fletcher, but I would love if we started to make a push for prospects like Samuel Singleton or Kaleb Jackson.
I’m a bit ashamed that I don’t know more about Singleton since he’s from my general area, but I always felt like he may be a bit small for Mario’s liking. However, I went back and looked at Oregon’s classes and he frequently takes backs with the same size.

What are your thoughts in Singleton? Better than Fletcher?

This feels like that loaded RB class where we thought we would end up with at least two and all we ended up with was Walton.

I believe that’s the year their were 4 RB Miami was in good spot with and we **** the bed.

Too much Rb talent in state to not get 1

Wasn’t that the year everyone committed to Miami at one (i.e. Scarlett, Conkrite, Dexter Williams,)?

Or he is just recruiting a top back that fits their system lol

Everything the SEC does isn’t going to always be about Mario.

UM has to win games before any of them give a ****. Win 11 games and land a top 5 class then they will care.
LOL man please with that nonsense! They care right now without UM having to win one **** game! HAVE YOU NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION?? Miami is relevant right fckn now. Ol Nickie has turned into a rat ******* because he knows Miami is committed to winning now.

And LOL @ Miami needing to win 11 games and land a top 5 class before “they” will care. Fckn RIDICULOUS 😂.

Advertisement
This ain’t about Mario this is about what is at least a top 3 back in the country. Baxter a mega stud and IMHO better than Owens and Young. Of course Saban is gonna go after a kid like that…

100%

Saban doesn't give a **** about us until we prove we're legit competition and not just a flash in the pan. People gotta remember, he was Mario's head coach and knows Mario as well as any competitor out there.

Bama is still the biggest offer in the country. Others have won NC's in the Saban Era, but nobody has shown the staying power he has.

Baxter, everyone would be happy to have him. He's my number two in the country, Owens is my one. I like Young, but there's a big falloff to him for me from those two and anyone.

I'm not sure what the holdup was in the concerted effort they may be sending his way now though. I've learned to never bet against Bama recruiting if they're really on someone, but you still keep plugging away.

It's a new day my friends. Alabama and their efforts are cute and admirable:)

So is Nick Saban looking to make Baxter his FIRST-EVER purchase of a recruit?

1653619511126.png

Man I can tell 20 years of beta recruiting has worn on some of you.

Any RB would
Love to play for Mario, and the kid has south Florida roots, and Miami can also pay now.

Bring on Bama and Saban.

If you want to get to where the big boys are you aren't going to reach them by taking leftovers. Got to beat them head to head.

That's a nice speech and all, I agree with it in theory, but people are crazy if they think we go head to head with the elites ending with a better than MLB journeyman batting average. That in itself would be an accomplishment if we're being honest.

You don't rise from the ashes, where we've been, overnight. The guys we have on staff will continue to work. They know it will be an uphill struggle and trust me, they realize getting there is going to come with struggles and losses.

We as fans though, have jack and **** to do with recruiting. If someone is concerned when the biggest dog shows up on scene, that's natural and keeping it real. If he's legit interested in Bama, the odds aren't good. It is what it is.

They can still buy players and their dollar value is more due to a proven product. These are business decisions. We could offer a million and them several hundred thousand less, that lesser amount could mean more in the long run. It means more now, just the truth.

Hope the kid makes his move based on what he feels is best, not some dollar amount. That would show he has his head in the right place and eye on the prize the NFL. He'll make it there wherever he goes if he stays healthy. He comes here, I'll love it. He goes there, I'll understand it. Just do his thing.

Advertisement
We had 5 actually I think Dexter Williams was four than there was a muck kid named Burnett I think
The thing that really helps 2016 is the early commitment of QB Jack Allison. QB's usually stick and with him in the bag, the skill guys are gonna wanna play with him. Now if we can get Gibson somehow this year then this class might get decent. Irvin and Johnson I think are coming but ya never know.

Scarlett is coming. If Walton stays in the '16 class then I think we can keep Williams, Cronkite, and Scarlett with Williams being an athlete playing reciever and running back. Cronkite only wants two running backs in this class so it's important that Walton maybe stays in his class. Williams seems to be on board with the athlete role.

Recruiting.. . trending up

Now if this ************ would fix the god **** defense, we might be able to recruit DT's

I’m a bit ashamed that I don’t know more about Singleton since he’s from my general area, but I always felt like he may be a bit small for Mario’s liking. However, I went back and looked at Oregon’s classes and he frequently takes backs with the same size.

What are your thoughts in Singleton? Better than Fletcher?
I think Singleton is a good back with explosive burst & good 10.8 100m breakaway speed.
He’s got quick feet weaving through traffic & runs with very good balance, he’s got homerun hitting ability as well as a big run playmaker in the open field.

Fletcher is a very good back as well, but just my personal preference I’m not really crazy about his style of runner, especially when we pretty much already have one with Thad. I liked Thad a lot coming out of HS because despite his lack of speed he was breaking state records & he runs with light feet. He’s a huge LB sized RB but he knows how to get skinny in between tackles & always pushes forward. He’ll never wow you with 40 times but he’s a workhorse back that gets better as the game progresses.

Others are much higher on Fletcher than me & I wouldn’t argue with anyone who’s high on him, just for me in particular I think we need a more complete back for this offensive system we’re running & the lack of raw speed is questionable. And with having Thad on the roster it’s kind of redundant to have two huge RB’s who are both probably around 4.6-4.7 range in speed... But that’s just me; I’m no RB expert 🤷🏽‍♂️

I’d be shocked if Young and Baxter both end up at bama.
They won’t.

Young is their top target, but they’re increasing their interest in Baxter & Justice Haynes as well.

They get Young on an OV on 6/10 & Haynes on 6/17, they still lead for Young but both UGA & Oklahoma are making a push for Young as well, so Bama is just making sure that just in case something unforeseen happens with Young that they get the next best options. It’s just simple due diligence.

Doing your due diligence is what smart programs always do, because even when you’re a recruiting powerhouse unexpected events & extenuating circumstances can take place that can throw a wrench in your plans.

In all likelihood, Richard Young will commit to Bama, Haynes to UGA & Baxter to whichever school wins that sweepstakes, but you never know; visits happen & money exchanges take place & then all of the sudden a kid who had 7 CB’s to a school with a 8 confidence is now committed somewhere else. It’s recruiting in a nutshell; it ain’t over til it’s over.

Advertisement
The thing that really helps 2016 is the early commitment of QB Jack Allison. QB's usually stick and with him in the bag, the skill guys are gonna wanna play with him. Now if we can get Gibson somehow this year then this class might get decent. Irvin and Johnson I think are coming but ya never know.

Scarlett is coming. If Walton stays in the '16 class then I think we can keep Williams, Cronkite, and Scarlett with Williams being an athlete playing reciever and running back. Cronkite only wants two running backs in this class so it's important that Walton maybe stays in his class. Williams seems to be on board with the athlete role.

Recruiting.. . trending up

Now if this ************ would fix the god **** defense, we might be able to recruit DT's

@Gru. I can buy into your scenario analysis my friend. But that’s a long time to be carrying that in your head lol.

I think Singleton is a good back with explosive burst & good 10.8 100m breakaway speed.
He’s got quick feet weaving through traffic & runs with very good balance, he’s got homerun hitting ability as well as a big run playmaker in the open field.

Fletcher is a very good back as well, but just my personal preference I’m not really crazy about his style of runner, especially when we pretty much already have one with Thad. I liked Thad a lot coming out of HS because despite his lack of speed he was breaking state records & he runs with light feet. He’s a huge LB sized RB but he knows how to get skinny in between tackles & always pushes forward. He’ll never wow you with 40 times but he’s a workhorse back that gets better as the game progresses.

Others are much higher on Fletcher than me & I wouldn’t argue with anyone who’s high on him, just for me in particular I think we need a more complete back for this offensive system we’re running & the lack of raw speed is questionable. And with having Thad on the roster it’s kind of redundant to have two huge RB’s who are both probably around 4.6-4.7 range in speed... But that’s just me; I’m no RB expert 🤷🏽‍♂️
That right there. Most impressive part of his game IMO. For a speed guy who's not particularly small(5'11",180-185)but not a 200+ lb. kid, he makes a whole lot happen between the tackles. He's got great vision and he's decisive. When he sees the crease, he don't fucc around. Then he uses his vision, feet and speed to turn 32 Dives into 60 yard tds. I'd take Singleton in a second....

U seem to be an expert on everything else so I can’t tell

Advertisement
That right there. Most impressive part of his game IMO. For a speed guy who's not particularly small(5'11",180-185)but not a 200+ lb. kid, he makes a whole lot happen between the tackles. He's got great vision and he's decisive. When he sees the crease, he don't fucc around. Then he uses his vision, feet and speed to turn 32 Dives into 60 yard tds. I'd take Singleton in a second....
He reminds me of a bigger Tyler Goodson

100%

Saban doesn't give a **** about us until we prove we're legit competition and not just a flash in the pan. People gotta remember, he was Mario's head coach and knows Mario as well as any competitor out there.

Bama is still the biggest offer in the country. Others have won NC's in the Saban Era, but nobody has shown the staying power he has.

Baxter, everyone would be happy to have him. He's my number two in the country, Owens is my one. I like Young, but there's a big falloff to him for me from those two and anyone.

I'm not sure what the holdup was in the concerted effort they may be sending his way now though. I've learned to never bet against Bama recruiting if they're really on someone, but you still keep plugging away.
He doesn’t give a ****, but he was just complaining and calling out Miami for the money they gave a player to his boosters, givers and alumni 😂. Miami flipped Skinner last year too, but OK ‘Saban doesn’t give a ****’ about Miami even though he specifically mentioned Miami . . .

BREAKING NEWS : Miami is RELEVANT! The defeatist mentality among some so called Canes fans here on CIS is fckn insufferable. Smh

He doesn’t give a ****, but he was just complaining and calling out Miami for the money they gave a player to his boosters, givers and alumni 😂. Miami flipped Skinner last year too, but OK ‘Saban doesn’t give a ****’ about Miami even though he specifically mentioned Miami . . .

BREAKING NEWS : Miami is RELEVANT! The defeatist mentality among some so called Canes fans here on CIS is fckn insufferable. Smh

Defeatist mentality? It's more like a realist mentality.

You think he's more worried about us than UGA? OSU? USC? Texas? OU? Clemson? Etc?

We're hype right now, that's it. We took one from them last year and they still got two TE's. Skinner would've been an upgrade for them but he came here. What's our record since he's been at Bama in recruiting?

Mario and company will make it harder, but until proven otherwise, he's got the advantage and deservedly so. Ruiz and his antics in social media made us a target with NIL. Why wouldn't he bring that up as they're used to working in the shadows?

Advertisement
Back