2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

What's with D. Smith negativity? The guy has been working none stop since he got here like analysts are supposed to who aren't big names sitting on buyouts. Jokes on his looks I get. I have mistaken him for Mirabel more than once.
No one is being negative, literally just cracking jokes on his U form in the picture that’s it.

Advertisement
Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater Top247 running back Cedric Baxter Jr. has spoken very highly of his two most recent visits: a one-day stop at Florida back in January and a weekend trip out to USC earlier this month. While Baxter continues to speak highly of both the Gators and Trojans, it might be time to throw Miami into the group of legitimate contenders to sign the nation's No. 2-ranked running back per 247Sports.

Baxter was in Coral Gables last last week for two days and left campus raving about the Hurricanes after getting a chance to hang out with Mario Cristobal and the rest of the coaching staff.

"It was amazing. I had a great time," Baxter told 247Sports when reached by phone over the weekend. "There's great people there. They showed a lot of love from start to finish.

Baxter has toured Miami a few times in the past, but not since Cristobal took over for Manny Diaz.

"I love Coach Cristobal. First of all, he’s a head coach that’s also an o-line coach. So, that just tells you whats he’s about and that carries weight. And then even though he’s a head coach, you can tell that he really values recruiting. Like, when I was out there at the practice, the first thing he did was come and greet me even though he was in the middle of coaching," Baxter said.

Baxter also seems to really like UM running backs coach Kevin Smith.

"He was real cool. You know, I went into meetings with them and did all that stuff," Baxter said.

Baxter likes how Smith played in the NFL after a productive college career.

"I feel like any running back is going to have a connection with a running back coach that did it, and he did it. He had more yards than any other running back that played in Florida during college," Baxter noted.

Baxter, who has a "561" tattoo on one of his legs, is originally from the West Palm Beach area, which is roughly an hour and a half away from from Miami's campus depending on traffic.

"People always says there’s nothing like home. So, you never know, but I know if I go there, all my uncles and stuff will be real happy. Most of my family is in South Florida," Baxter explained.

Baxter wasn't joined on this visit by his parents, but pointed out that he plans to return with mom and dad at some point down the line.

"I liked Miami before, but me just being down there, watching practice, being in the meetings and being around the players, it definitely felt like one of my best visits," Baxter said.

Advertisement
Wonder if Riley will get into hot water recruiting these Florida guys. Like what happened to Charlie’s strong

Advertisement
This young man is my favorite RB in this class. Young is a freak too, but something about Baxter just tells me that he’s going to be a superstar.

This is how I feel too. I initially liked Young, but the more I've seen of Baxter the more I like him.

Young looks great, but Baxter looks "special". I don't know if Baxter is as good as Dalvin Cook, but he's the best FL RB I've seen since Dalvin.

This is how I feel too. I initially liked Young, but the more I've seen of Baxter the more I like him.

Young looks great, but Baxter looks "special". I don't know if Baxter is as good as Dalvin Cook, but he's the best FL RB I've seen since Dalvin.
Baxter like that with the rock in his hands?????

Advertisement
Visor check
Gold teeth check
Pants above the knees check
Black cleats/socks check check

Ready to start comparing him to our all time greats

5CHXX7JOSJH2THHXUAV4X46WP4.jpg

CHECK

Advertisement
True. Tae is right there in those photos and in that video he just posted.
Just seen it ...yea they probably played 7 on 7 together in central Fla or something. Just love seeing Tae still active it was almost gone for him..dude seems like a true cane and loves being here. His cousin shouldve rode it out.

CJ BAXTER has been rb1 for me for this class the whole way. I got Young right behind him. Next visit we need to have Willis randomly show up...hes right down the street still...or have Edge do some recruiting from up n Orlando lol
@hoover437 @Maskoff407

Just seen it ...yea they probably played 7 on 7 together in central Fla or something. Just love seeing Tae still active it was almost gone for him..dude seems like a true cane and loves being here. His cousin shouldve rode it out.

CJ BAXTER has been rb1 for me for this class the whole way. I got Young right behind him. Next visit we need to have Willis randomly show up...hes right down the street still...or have Edge do some recruiting from up n Orlando lol
@hoover437 @Maskoff407

I think it’s great news Tae is recruiting this kid and is involved with this visit like that. Adding him to the Rb room we have already would be electric.

Wonder if Riley will get into hot water recruiting these Florida guys. Like what happened to Charlie’s strong
Not at all, California & Texas is completely different.

Local HS coaches in Cali don’t care or take it personal at all if the big school in-state program recruits Nationally.

In Cali HS Football is a business, a means to an end, in Texas HS Football is a Religion, so with them it’s different.

Advertisement
Back