2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

Comparing Baxter to Dalvin Cook is pretty bold. But I do think he's in the same league.

Saying he's the best FL RB since Cook isn't very bold. Devin Singletary & Zack Moss are probably the best FL RB's the last 8 years.

FL's been on a RB dry spell.

Michael Carter- Jets?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Feel that way more so about the WR’s than the RB’s...

Kevin Smith is a fckin DOG on that trail, I have no doubts about his ability to snag in at least 1 of the big 4 RB’s in FL this class. Which one idk, but I’m about 172% certain we’ll get at least 1, if not 2.
I’ll take Fletcher but I feel Baxter and Young are a cut above. Can’t say much about the Jax kid as I haven’t watched his film.

Feel that way more so about the WR’s than the RB’s...

Kevin Smith is a fckin DOG on that trail, I have no doubts about his ability to snag in at least 1 of the big 4 RB’s in FL this class. Which one idk, but I’m about 172% certain we’ll get at least 1, if not 2.
You sleep on Gattis?

I’ll take Fletcher but I feel Baxter and Young are a cut above. Can’t say much about the Jax kid as I haven’t watched his film.

Agree 100%. I like Fletcher a lot, but I too think the others are def a cut above and honestly I don’t think Baxter is that far behind Young. Young has him in the home run speed department but that’s it IMO but when you take into account that Baxter is a legit 6’1 210+ and still is able to do what he does ….

Advertisement
Agree 100%. I like Fletcher a lot, but I too think the others are def a cut above and honestly I don’t think Baxter is that far behind Young. Young has him in the home run speed department but that’s it IMO but when you take into account that Baxter is a legit 6’1 210+ and still is able to do what he does ….
Baxter got wheels bro! They both fast fast. 1a and 1b in state. The only guy that I feel is better than both is Reuben owens.

You think Young is faster? I feel like Baxter’s long speed is better. Young looks more agile and his short area burst seems better. Fletcher reminds me of Yearby with Fournettes size. He is physical and has moves but he isn’t a game changer. Still not sleeping on him though. Great talent.

Advertisement
No you don’t. You just follow recruiting pundits. These recruiting rankings will have you thinking Mark Pope is better than Jamarr Chase.
Of the 3 highlights I'd definitely say Owen's looks like the most can't miss. Baxter potential probably the highest because of catching ability. Would love to see testing numbers on all 3.

Michael Carter- Jets?

Comparing Baxter to Dalvin Cook is pretty bold. But I do think he's in the same league.

Saying he's the best FL RB since Cook isn't very bold. Devin Singletary & Zack Moss are probably the best FL RB's the last 8 years.

FL's been on a RB dry spell.
I mean Duke was class of 12 I believe, he was great for us, still bouncing around in the league, Alex Collins was a 5* did well at Arkansas but not much in the pros. I remember Kelvin Taylor and that Deerfied RB that went to ND (name escapes me) Sony Michel was in Dalvin;s class. Wasn;t Dernest Johnson (browns RB who was a fisherman filled in for Chubb) also from Edge's High school?

**** even that class with Walton, Scarlett and Williams turned out decent for college. Travis Homer still in the league, James Cook likely gets drafted. Definetly some studs who outplayed their position or high ranked guys have come out of FL. But the Cooks, Portis, Gores of the world are rare for a reason. FL prob still producing more quality RB than any other state.

Advertisement
Which one idk, but I’m about 172% certain we’ll get at least 1, if not 2.
Guessing 172% isn't quite as certain as Antonio Tripp's 171% but I'll take it. LOL.

I feel strongly we need 2 of them and I suspect (hope) Mario, Smith and Gaddis feel the same way.

Devin Singletary, Zack Moss, Alex Collins, etc… they were all decent RB, but Dalvin Cook was a generational RB. Derrick Henry is good too, but Cook was special special! And with that being said… I’d definitely put Baxter in the same sentence as Cook in the sense of being potentially being a generational college RB. I think someone said Reggie Bush. I believe that could be a comparison for Baxter as well.

I mean Duke was class of 12 I believe, he was great for us, still bouncing around in the league, Alex Collins was a 5* did well at Arkansas but not much in the pros. I remember Kelvin Taylor and that Deerfied RB that went to ND (name escapes me) Sony Michel was in Dalvin;s class. Wasn;t Dernest Johnson (browns RB who was a fisherman filled in for Chubb) also from Edge's High school?

**** even that class with Walton, Scarlett and Williams turned out decent for college. Travis Homer still in the league, James Cook likely gets drafted. Definetly some studs who outplayed their position or high ranked guys have come out of FL. But the Cooks, Portis, Gores of the world are rare for a reason. FL prob still producing more quality RB than any other state.

Yeah - it's definitely a sliding scale. FL still produces the best RB's (and players in general), but recent FL RB's haven't been up to "Florida" standards

2009-2014 - Derrick Henry, Dalvin Cook, Devonta Freeman, Lamar Miller, Sony Michel, Gio Bernard, Duke Johnson, James White, Alex Collins
2015-2021 - Michael Carter, Devin Singletary, Zack Moss, Khalil Herbert

The 2015-21 definitely has it's share of good RB's, but they're an obvious level below 2009-14.

2015-21 guys like Carter/Singletary/Herbert/Moss weren't even Top 400 recruits. Top rated guys like Walton/Scarlett/Williams ended up good college players, but haven't made a mark in the NFL. Other guys like Chaney & Knighton are still TBD, but they haven't hit the ground running like the 09-14 RB's

I thought Chaney could reach that 09-14 level (but I feel less confident about it now). I think Baxter talent wise will end up in that group.

Devin Singletary, Zack Moss, Alex Collins, etc… they were all decent RB, but Dalvin Cook was a generational RB. Derrick Henry is good too, but Cook was special special! And with that being said… I’d definitely put Baxter in the same sentence as Cook in the sense of being potentially being a generational college RB. I think someone said Reggie Bush. I believe that could be a comparison for Baxter as well.
Just my opinion, but I don't think Cook is considered a generational RB anywhere outside of Miami and Tallahassee. Generational talent maybe, and on the college level I'd put him in the top group of guys the last 20 years... but the last three generational RBs for me would be Tomlinson, Peterson, and Henry. I could be wrong, but personally I don't think Cook winds up in Canton with those guys

Advertisement
Back