2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

Agree. “fletcher fits the big 10”… where we just got our OC, with a head coach that is bout that OL life. If he tried to commit and we said no so we could play around in gator territory… questionable.
I prefer Baxter over Fletcher anyhow, so I have no issue with the staff not pursuing him if they believe Baxter fit better with what they were looking for.

I’m not as high on Fletcher as others may be, he’s a physically huge RB but he’s slow as sh*t & IMO I don’t see him as the kind of runner that you can build an offense around.

I hope we don’t become a plodding pound the rock style team, but if we do for some unfortunate reason we’d be better off with dynamic backs with speed, rather than slow LB sized power runners.

Even if they miss on Baxter, Samuel Singleton is a kid with 10.8 speed & was very productive, Kaleb Jackson has 10.6 speed as well & after landing Citizen out of Louisiana we could go back this class & get a kid like Jackson if need be.

But otherwise, landing Baxter shouldn’t be too difficult for a coach that specializes in OL’s/RB’s & has a propensity for running the ball. The opportunity for playing time should be an easy selling point considering that every other team that’s recruiting him has just as loaded of a backfield as us. He’s definitely not gonna go to UF or TAMU & be the day 1 starter at those schools either...

But I think in the long run Mario & Kev Smith win out in this recruitment, it goes against all conventional logic to lose a RB to UF when they already lead for Treyaun Webb, we have to be able to show this kid he’s our #1 & he’s their #2.

Advertisement
I prefer Baxter over Fletcher anyhow, so I have no issue with the staff not pursuing him if they believe Baxter fit better with what they were looking for.

I’m not as high on Fletcher as others may be, he’s a physically huge RB but he’s slow as sh*t & IMO I don’t see him as the kind of runner that you can build an offense around.

I hope we don’t become a plodding pound the rock style team, but if we do for some unfortunate reason we’d be better off with dynamic backs with speed, rather than slow LB sized power runners.

Even if they miss on Baxter, Samuel Singleton is a kid with 10.8 speed & was very productive, Kaleb Jackson has 10.6 speed as well & after landing Citizen out of Louisiana we could go back this class & get a kid like Jackson if need be.

But otherwise, landing Baxter shouldn’t be too difficult for a coach that specializes in OL’s/RB’s & has a propensity for running the ball. The opportunity for playing time should be an easy selling point considering that every other team that’s recruiting him has just as loaded of a backfield as us. He’s definitely not gonna go to UF or TAMU & be the day 1 starter at those schools either...

But I think in the long run Mario & Kev Smith win out in this recruitment, it goes against all conventional logic to lose a RB to UF when they already lead for Treyaun Webb, we have to be able to show this kid he’s our #1 & he’s their #2.
No way would I take Sling Blade Billy and Juluke in a recruiting bet against Mario and Kevin Smith for a RB.

This recruitment will come down to success on the field and NIL. This kid will be feeling a different school every month from now till signing day. You brought in Mario to win this type of battles.

No way would I take Sling Blade Billy and Juluke in a recruiting bet against Mario and Kevin Smith for a RB.
the bachelor GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Why is On3 pushing all this UF buzz for him?

Also, hilarious response by Baxter.
It seems like all of the recruiting sites are pushing the recruiting prowess of Napier and all of this so-called momentum in recruiting for UF. I don’t know how this stuff works, but I wonder if Napier is asking for/paying for help behind the scenes to push his program. The college football media infatuation with a guy who has done nothing at the P5 level is strange.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back