Ced Wright & Joe Jackson SR Highlights

Advertisement
almost no prospect comes out of high school ready to contribute on a high level.

Yes, we get that. Some are more advanced than others, though. And, this is a thread to discuss these two prospects. On Jackson, it's not a knock to note he's incredibly raw. He doesn't play with leverage. He doesn't use his hands. He's often late off the snap and makes up for it with what looks like great speed. He looks like a redshirt candidate, and that's ok. Maybe he gets on campus and someone puts it all together quickly.

almost no prospect comes out of high school ready to contribute on a high level.

Yes, we get that. Some are more advanced than others, though. And, this is a thread to discuss these two prospects. On Jackson, it's not a knock to note he's incredibly raw. He doesn't play with leverage. He doesn't use his hands. He's often late off the snap and makes up for it with what looks like great speed. He looks like a redshirt candidate, and that's ok. Maybe he gets on campus and someone puts it all together quickly.

It's nice to have the DL depth to redshirt him if necessary.

Next year should be D-Jax's breakout year - whether as a situational pass rusher or the swing guy. Either that, or they'll try to play Willis outside. All of that is dependent on the DC's preferred alignment(s).

Next year should be D-Jax's breakout year - whether as a situational pass rusher or the swing guy. Either that, or they'll try to play Willis outside. All of that is dependent on the DC's preferred alignment(s).

Good problem to have.....

Have a four group that would consist of AQM, Chad, Willis, Tool Box out side at END imo.

Mcintosh logged some time at DT this year as well..and Willis might be a 3 tech here. We finally have brought it at DL....I HAVE NO CLUE HOW mR bIG 10 COULDNT JUST LOCK in and Load up at DL...two years ago i watch a spring game in disbelief as i saw 2-3 guys that looked like um dlineman on the roster.

Advertisement
I stopped watching Jackson's highlight after he punted the ball and then proceeded to tackle the returner.
He is a little stiff, but I think we can work on his flexibility and get some WD40 on those hips.

Coached this kid in Pop Warner and at Homestead Sr High... The kid has natural instincts and is just a natural football player. Kid will help tremendously on the defensive side of the football.

Advertisement
Jackson plays a little upright but his burst is ridiculous. Got to keep him.

He looks very raw.

yep. No technique at all. Only thing that stood out was his size/speed/ability ratio. Kid needs a solid RS year to see what position he best fits. Would be curious to see him as a 4-3 5 technique kind of DE but he's got a ways to go/

Have a four group that would consist of AQM, Chad, Willis, Tool Box out side at END imo.

Mcintosh logged some time at DT this year as well..and Willis might be a 3 tech here. We finally have brought it at DL....I HAVE NO CLUE HOW mR bIG 10 COULDNT JUST LOCK in and Load up at DL...two years ago i watch a spring game in disbelief as i saw 2-3 guys that looked like um dlineman on the roster.

Gonna ask your opinion PropJoe, do you think we can be elite with Toolbox being our starting DE? or starting at LB. I really like the kid and he seems like a hard worker and a good player but I just dont see that "it" factor. Maybe I am missing something. If we have to keep moving him around is he versatile or just a jack of all trade, master at none type..I am hoping DJax can steal his PT next year. JMO..Interested to know your thoughts..

Advertisement

Gonna ask your opinion PropJoe, do you think we can be elite with Toolbox being our starting DE? or starting at LB. I really like the kid and he seems like a hard worker and a good player but I just dont see that "it" factor. Maybe I am missing something. If we have to keep moving him around is he versatile or just a jack of all trade, master at none type..I am hoping DJax can steal his PT next year. JMO..Interested to know your thoughts..

TOOL BOX SHOCKED ME IN THAT...HE WAS ACTUALLY ABLE TO STAND UP AND PLAY LB. HE WAS A KID I THOUGHT BARELY WAS ATHLETIC AT DE...BUT HE DIDNT LOOK BAD...LOOKED COORDINATED, JUST NOT FAST BUT HAD BETTER CHANGE OF DIRECTION THAN TY MCCORD.

Tool box is an effort guy that i think is good in rotation...Chad and AQM should be starters....Tool BOX should anchor that second unit....i feel D JAX is coming though..he is athletic as **** and just needed cosaching he has already put on nice weight.

Advertisement
can’t wait to see joe jackson with coach KOOL. guy has all the athleticism speed and power just needs some coaching.

He will officially have the best coach in the nation to teach him

Advertisement
Back