CBs next year...Wow

Only on CIS do you get a guy saying that Mike Jackson won’t be a factor because of guys like Bandy snd Dean, even though they are all on the team right now and he is clearly ahead of them.
Let’s bump this next year then. I’ll be here to eat crow if I’m wrong.

You’re already wrong. Jackson plays ahead of Dean and Bandy.

Jackson is in his third year here. Bandy is a true freshman and Dean came from JUCO. I expect both to play more and more as time goes on.

And next year Jackson will be in his fourth year and Bandy will be a sophomore and Dean will be a second year guy from JUCO.

Advertisement
Don't forget Jackson...unless you think that he's leaving early.

I don’t think he will be much of a factor to honest. Major talent infusion coming to our DBs.

Are we watching the same games? Jackson has been a factor this year lol

He just had a great game against Syracuse, but it’s Syracuse. Other than that he hasn’t been very good. Some may get butthurt about that but he isn’t a Miami caliber DB.

You really must not watch the games. He made some nice plays last year and then really came on this year. Played well versus FSU, made a huge play against GT, and dominated Syracuse. You have absolutely nothing to back up your dumb porst. The only reason you’re saying that is because he wasn’t a highly ranked recruit...which means absolutely nothing now. Kid isn’t going anywhere. He beat out Malek in fall camp.

Jackson was a 4* recruit.He will not be sitting behind any of the stud freshmen coming in.He's our most valuable DB,he can play both cb and safety.

Makes our record even more important.

If we were 4-2 or 3-3, not so sure all these kids are lining up to wait to play

lol. I always laugh at comments like this. Most athletes don't think like you do.

Yeah hahaha winning games doesn’t affect recruiting
Funny he says "think like you do" as if I'm making my personal feelings known.

No just about 12 years of mediocre Miami football is all I need to know some guys bail on programs if they don't win.

But hey, the fhag that makes all the track threads said so.

Regardless, we'll have guys that are capable ACC players watching from the sideline, ready to replace whoever gets injured. Practices will be harder than the games again.

Advertisement
Jobe starts right away. He is older and has the range to allow Diaz to do what he wants to do.

Is he a corner or safety?

Safety is a bigger need but his versatility will allow to play both. Ultimately as mentioned on here, Diaz likes to change up his coverages all the time pre to post snap. At any point his scheme calls upon a safety to play the role of a CB.

lol. I always laugh at comments like this. Most athletes don't think like you do.

Funny he says "think like you do" as if I'm making my personal feelings known.

No just about 12 years of mediocre Miami football is all I need to know some guys bail on programs if they don't win.

But hey, the fhag that makes all the track threads said so.

Your comment is more of a reflection of your sissyish frame of mind. That's some ***** chit you would do. Most real athletes factor other things into their decision. They believe in the coach and what's he's doing. They think they can win with the guys that are there plus the guys what are coming in, the school just fits them and their personality or they just grew up a As a lifetime fan of the school etc etc. Yea winning is a bonus but any recdruit that pics a school based sole on them winning is a . You'll have what you had when Coker was here. Guys like Andrew Johnson who came here just because Miami is winning. He thought coming to Miami would automatically make him a winner. Wrong. It takes hard work AMD a bunch of other things.

That's why schools can have a shifty season and still turnaround and bring in a top 5 class. The school you supposedly follow just did in in 2008. That's one example. Miami was what 7-6 the year before? Alabama has done it. Numerous examples out there.

Miami has been mediocre for 12 years because of the coaches and the culture they created, scheme, game planning etc etc. Miami has had good enough players to win more games then they did.

Last edited:

If a recruit goes to a school just because they win he Prolly sucks. I'm talking about guys like Andrew Johnson. Winning is a bonus. Recruits go to certain schools for a plethora or other reasons. That's why a school can go 3-9, 7-6. 6-7 eth. etc and still pull in a top 10 in some cases top 5 class.

Advertisement
the level of athleticism this unit will have next year will be astounding. Also the flexibility(which is so vital nowadays with all the spread sets) that this group will have. And some of these guys will be special teams demons..

I was worried the 2018 class would have to play right away. But not now.
The true frosh will have time to develop unless they show they deserve early playing time. Won't be forced in before their time.

Staying:
Young
Jackson
Bandy
Dean

Coming:
Blades
Ivey,
Frierson
And hopefully Campbell.

That's some serious depth. And Bandy and maybe Young will be back in '19.

That's impressive but I still think Frierson helps us at S more than CB. It will be the incoming safeties who see the immediate playing time. Jobe, Frierson and Hall at S and Blades, Ivey and Campbell at CB. Let's ride.

Jobe starts right away. He is older and has the range to allow Diaz to do what he wants to do.

Safety is a bigger need but his versatility will allow to play both. Ultimately as mentioned on here, Diaz likes to change up his coverages all the time pre to post snap. At any point his scheme calls upon a safety to play the role of a CB.

Got it. I like him more at safety think his range is what we have been missing. Also think the Ivey kid might be the best pure cover guy out of the DB's

No Derrick Smith slander...he took a couple bad angles and got caught looking in the backfield a couple of times. But was a serious upgrade over Knowles. Off the top of my head i only remember him giving up the 3rd & 25. But for this to be his first real game action against a team that runs 90 plus plays consistently it can only get better in the future for him i hope

Advertisement
Jobe would be making a world class poor decision for his professional career if he watched yesterday's game and doesn't realize he can be the guy over the slot instead of #25 or #20 .

He'd play Safety, get time in the type of coverage suited for his game, and have a huge stage to show out. While he may bypass the 100k or whatever up front from Bama, he'd make that back easily in first contract. It's the perfect situation for his skill set.

Luckily for us, Frierson is also an awesome fit for that role.

Is it true that we want Frierson at CB?

@Peter Ariz
Yes. It's been said many times we apparently want him at CB. I think he's great for the role I described, which requires attributes used in both positions.

His size, style and overall athletic make up remind me of jackson’s

I'm confident in our CBs returning next year, but I am definitely worried about the safety position. We are incredibly lucky we have Jobe coming in early. That dude is going to get some serious playing time as long as hes ready to tackle. That is one of the most important things to get playing time in Diaz's defense.

Love what I've seen out of Bandy so far this year, kid plays with an edge. Dean just needs to get a little more physical to get regular PT.

Advertisement
I don’t think he will be much of a factor to honest. Major talent infusion coming to our DBs.

Are we watching the same games? Jackson has been a factor this year lol

He just had a great game against Syracuse, but it’s Syracuse. Other than that he hasn’t been very good. Some may get butthurt about that but he isn’t a Miami caliber DB.

You really must not watch the games. He made some nice plays last year and then really came on this year. Played well versus FSU, made a huge play against GT, and dominated Syracuse. You have absolutely nothing to back up your dumb porst. The only reason you’re saying that is because he wasn’t a highly ranked recruit...which means absolutely nothing now. Kid isn’t going anywhere. He beat out Malek in fall camp.

He wasn’t that highly ranked but Rivals had him as 4 star. Regardless my point is that he isn’t a Miami caliber DB. Also I haven’t seen this great play you speak of outside of Syracuse. Kid is our best option at the moment though. Also, stop with the he beat out Young, no he didn’t. That was just motivational stuff, who covers the other team’s best WR on most occasions?

OMG this dude is smoking crack... FN mad bro?

He will be Haha Clinton Dix 2.0 which is probably what Saban is selling him on as I am typing this.

He is plug and play mentally and physically as he will be 20 years old once he hits campus. He wont have time to mess around. I predict he will be focused and ready to play a major role Year 1. He knows that Redwine spot is his once he graduates after next year. Just gotta groom him for it.

He will be Haha Clinton Dix 2.0 which is probably what Saban is selling him on as I am typing this.

He is plug and play mentally and physically as he will be 20 years old once he hits campus. He wont have time to mess around. I predict he will be focused and ready to play a major role Year 1. He knows that Redwine spot is his once he graduates after next year. Just gotta groom him for it.

I'll go further and say he'll start at Safety from Day 1.

When transfers like Delaney and Dean are your backup quality players (theoretically, Delaney is a starter, but whatever)...you're in good shape.

Next year...lights out.

Advertisement
Back