CBs next year...Wow

Jobe starts right away. He is older and has the range to allow Diaz to do what he wants to do.

Campbell will too . I would be shocked if both the safties are true freshman

I’m not sure he starts though, although he has the highest ceiling of them all. Young, Dean and Bandy will a solid trio of CBs plus if need be we can use Redwine as a boundary. We really a ball hawking safety though, Jobe is that guy.

Don't forget Jackson...unless you think that he's leaving early.

I don’t think he will be much of a factor to honest. Major talent infusion coming to our DBs.

Lol. Michael Jackson is going to be supplanted by all the guys he is ahead of. Makes sense.

Advertisement
Jobe starts right away. He is older and has the range to allow Diaz to do what he wants to do.

I’m not sure he starts though, although he has the highest ceiling of them all. Young, Dean and Bandy will a solid trio of CBs plus if need be we can use Redwine as a boundary. We really a ball hawking safety though, Jobe is that guy.

I don’t think he will be much of a factor to honest. Major talent infusion coming to our DBs.

Are we watching the same games? Jackson has been a factor this year lol

Makes our record even more important.

If we were 4-2 or 3-3, not so sure all these kids are lining up to wait to play

Jobe would be making a world class poor decision for his professional career if he watched yesterday's game and doesn't realize he can be the guy over the slot instead of #25 or #20 .

He'd play Safety, get time in the type of coverage suited for his game, and have a huge stage to show out. While he may bypass the 100k or whatever up front from Bama, he'd make that back easily in first contract. It's the perfect situation for his skill set.

Luckily for us, Frierson is also an awesome fit for that role.

That upfront $100K over four years is only $25K per year if he plays for four years, and only $33K per year for three years.

That's $12 an hour at four years or $16 an hour if he only plays three years.

That would be mighty short-sighted for a talent of his caliber.

He just had a great game against Syracuse, but it’s Syracuse. Other than that he hasn’t been very good. Some may get butthurt about that but he isn’t a Miami caliber DB.

Advertisement

He just had a great game against Syracuse, but it’s Syracuse. Other than that he hasn’t been very good. Some may get butthurt about that but he isn’t a Miami caliber DB.

You really must not watch the games. He made some nice plays last year and then really came on this year. Played well versus FSU, made a huge play against GT, and dominated Syracuse. You have absolutely nothing to back up your dumb porst. The only reason you’re saying that is because he wasn’t a highly ranked recruit...which means absolutely nothing now. Kid isn’t going anywhere. He beat out Malek in fall camp.

Jobe would be making a world class poor decision for his professional career if he watched yesterday's game and doesn't realize he can be the guy over the slot instead of #25 or #20 .

He'd play Safety, get time in the type of coverage suited for his game, and have a huge stage to show out. While he may bypass the 100k or whatever up front from Bama, he'd make that back easily in first contract. It's the perfect situation for his skill set.

Is it true that we want Frierson at CB?

[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION]

But it’s syracuse? Yeah the same Syracuse they a top 5 duo in football in Steve Ishmael and Erwin Phillips with one of the best qbs in dungey. Syracuse has one of best passing attacks in the country period

Only on CIS do you get a guy saying that Mike Jackson won’t be a factor because of guys like Bandy snd Dean, even though they are all on the team right now and he is clearly ahead of them.

Advertisement

Is it true that we want Frierson at CB?

@Peter Ariz
Yes. It's been said many times we apparently want him at CB. I think he's great for the role I described, which requires attributes used in both positions.

You really must not watch the games. He made some nice plays last year and then really came on this year. Played well versus FSU, made a huge play against GT, and dominated Syracuse. You have absolutely nothing to back up your dumb porst. The only reason you’re saying that is because he wasn’t a highly ranked recruit...which means absolutely nothing now. Kid isn’t going anywhere. He beat out Malek in fall camp.

He wasn’t that highly ranked but Rivals had him as 4 star. Regardless my point is that he isn’t a Miami caliber DB. Also I haven’t seen this great play you speak of outside of Syracuse. Kid is our best option at the moment though. Also, stop with the he beat out Young, no he didn’t. That was just motivational stuff, who covers the other team’s best WR on most occasions?

Only on CIS do you get a guy saying that Mike Jackson won’t be a factor because of guys like Bandy snd Dean, even though they are all on the team right now and he is clearly ahead of them.
Let’s bump this next year then. I’ll be here to eat crow if I’m wrong.

What was viewed as a weakness beginning of the year may **** near be the most powerful group we have next yr

Advertisement
Rumph has been an excellent coach so far. I must admit I originally had my doubts but they're all gone now, he's one to hold tightly to.

He wasn’t that highly ranked but Rivals had him as 4 star. Regardless my point is that he isn’t a Miami caliber DB. Also I haven’t seen this great play you speak of outside of Syracuse. Kid is our best option at the moment though. Also, stop with the he beat out Young, no he didn’t. That was just motivational stuff, who covers the other team’s best WR on most occasions?

Your point is that he not a Miami caliber DB yet he is playing ahead of the guys you said will make him a non factor. Great point!

You apparently did miss a lot. Like his 3rd and 10game saving pass break up against GT, or his pass break up that led to the Pinckney INT against Duke.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let’s bump this next year then. I’ll be here to eat crow if I’m wrong.

You’re already wrong. Jackson plays ahead of Dean and Bandy.

Jackson is in his third year here. Bandy is a true freshman and Dean came from JUCO. I expect both to play more and more as time goes on.

Thought we would be relying on Dean and Delaney, yet our own homegrown talent has become among the best in acc. Terrific player development.

Amazing what turning the Dline loose will do for a secondary. This is Cane defense the right way.

Advertisement
Back