CB Tanner McCalister

I do not know. I thought he'd be a no-brainer to let go. But somewhat ironically, he was driving the recruits around campus in a golf cart during the December OV's.

Took a moment, but the driving reference finally sunk in😂. From on-field coach, to recruiting dept. (talk about ironic), to golf carts, and who knows - janitor could be next. Rumph ain't ever leaving of his own volition.

Advertisement

Senior CB from Heath TX, that would be a Grad Transfer in the Portal.

Productive Corner with very good physicality in phase, has great eye disciple & active hands, displayed very good side control run in covering deep routes down field & was someone that OK ST played at Boundary & Nickel Safety.

Has good 4.4/4.5 speed & is a terrific tackler in run support. An experienced vet with plenty of starts & played good ball vs high volume passing attacks in the Big XII. I actually give Big XII CB’s extra credit for having to face the gauntlet of OC’s/QB’s/WR’s they go against on a weekly basis with basically one hand tied behind their back, if you can cover in the Big XII you can cover anywhere.

I’m guessing he may wanna go back home to a TX school or follow Knowles to OH St if they’ll take him, but otherwise, needs to be someone we put a call into ASAP, he would start Day 1 for us & be an instant impact contributor.

Tanner is a kid I posted on waaay back in 2017 👉🏽 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2018-texas-cbs.116107/

Huge fan of this kid and your take. Texas needs to be prioritized for all the reasons you have stated in the past. Keep bringing the knowledge.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back