CB Tanner McCalister

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

Senior CB from Heath TX, that would be a Grad Transfer in the Portal.

Productive Corner with very good physicality in phase, has great eye disciple & active hands, displayed very good side control run in covering deep routes down field & was someone that OK ST played at Boundary & Nickel Safety.

Has good 4.4/4.5 speed & is a terrific tackler in run support. An experienced vet with plenty of starts & played good ball vs high volume passing attacks in the Big XII. I actually give Big XII CB’s extra credit for having to face the gauntlet of OC’s/QB’s/WR’s they go against on a weekly basis with basically one hand tied behind their back, if you can cover in the Big XII you can cover anywhere.

I’m guessing he may wanna go back home to a TX school or follow Knowles to OH St if they’ll take him, but otherwise, needs to be someone we put a call into ASAP, he would start Day 1 for us & be an instant impact contributor.

Tanner is a kid I posted on waaay back in 2017 👉🏽 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2018-texas-cbs.116107/

Advertisement

Productive Corner with very good physicality in phase, has great eye disciple & active hands, displayed very good side control run in covering deep routes down field & was someone that OK ST played at Boundary & Nickel Safety.

Has good 4.4/4.5 speed & is a terrific tackler in run support. An experienced vet with plenty of starts & played good ball vs high volume passing attacks in the Big XII. I actually give Big XII CB’s extra credit for having to face the gauntlet of OC’s/QB’s/WR’s they go against on a weekly basis with basically one hand tied behind their back, if you can cover in the Big XII you can cover anywhere.

I’m guessing he may wanna go back home to a TX school or follow Knowles to OH St if they’ll take him, but otherwise, needs to be someone we put a call into ASAP, he would start Day 1 for us & be an instant impact contributor.

Tanner is a kid I posted on waaay back in 2017 👉🏽 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2018-texas-cbs.116107/

Wasn’t your knock on Banks that he only had one INT?

Advertisement
If Stevenson comes back & you bring in a kid like McCalister, that gives us more flexibility to develop the youngsters like Graves, Harris & Rogers once he gets healthy.

Hopefully we land Jahlil Florence too in order to bolster up the CB depth, because right outside of Stevenson I don’t think we have any starting quality Corners, just rotational Nickel/Dime package guys IMO.

Wasn’t your knock on Banks that he only had one INT?
My knock on Banks was that he never played & his only production was against Mercer a FCS team.

Tanner McCalister was a 3 year starter & has been productive throughout his career.

Banks got passed up by a True Freshman, McCalister has started since he was a TF, there’s a difference.

If Stevenson comes back & you bring in a kid like McCalister, that gives us more flexibility to develop the youngsters like Graves, Harris & Rogers once he gets healthy.

Hopefully we land Jahlil Florence too in order to bolster up the CB depth, because right outside of Stevenson I don’t think we have any starting quality Corners, just rotational Nickel/Dime package guys IMO.
You think our only shot with Florence is of rod chance comes to town?

Advertisement
My knock on Banks was that he never played & his only production was against Mercer a FCS team.

Tanner McCalister was a 3 year starter & has been productive throughout his career.

Banks got passed up by a True Freshman, McCalister has started since he was a TF, there’s a difference.
Preach!

Not from Dade or broward or even fl. Not a high 4 or 5 star hs recruit. Don’t want

Joking but can we please target a portal lb first

Advertisement
what do kids like this get out of transfering? Is it simply the chance to experience another school/city before your college days are over?

already starting and getting tons of snaps for a fairly major p5 program... seems odd
lives in Stillwater ijs.

Tanner McCalister. 2021 winner of the Bernie Bickerstaff Memorial "I Was Not Expecting That Face After Reading That Name" Award.

Advertisement
what do kids like this get out of transfering? Is it simply the chance to experience another school/city before your college days are over?

already starting and getting tons of snaps for a fairly major p5 program... seems odd
If transferring to the right sec school, they are getting big bags

NIL , away from Q loving Gundy, exposure in a big market, nothing moving in Stillwater.

I think Graves can be a guy half way into a season.

Speaking of ****** recruiting and the guy responsible for all this, anyone know if Rumph is being retained?

Advertisement
Back