CB Tanner McCalister

Going by the numbers, he is not much different than Ivey... I would probably pass. Ivey's stats:

Tackles 89, Sacks 1, INT's 4, Tackles for loss 4 and pass breakups 6.

The only difference is that Ivey did not play much his freshman year.

Advertisement
Going by the numbers, he is not much different than Ivey... I would probably pass. Ivey's stats:

Tackles 89, Sacks 1, INT's 4, Tackles for loss 4 and pass breakups 6.

The only difference is that Ivey did not play much his freshman year.
Have you ever watched him play?

Because if you have you would realize how really really dumb this take is.

Ivey couldn’t cover a stuffed animal in a phone booth, he’s got terrible feet, extremely stiff hipped, slow as a dried up snail & has absolutely no ball awareness whatsoever.

McCalister can actually run & cover down field, he’s a significantly better tackler, better cover corner & actually plays with football IQ, just looking at stats in a vacuum is a really remedial way of evaluating a player.

The two aren’t comparable at all, no disrespect to you intended but that’s just an incredibly bad & lazy take.

Ivey couldn’t cover a stuffed animal in a phone booth, he’s got terrible feet, extremely stiff hipped, slow as a dried up snail & has absolutely no ball awareness whatsoever.

McCalister can actually run & cover down field, he’s a significantly better tackler, better cover corner & actually plays with football IQ, just looking at stats in a vacuum is a really remedial way of evaluating a player.

The two aren’t comparable at all, no disrespect to you intended but that’s just an incredibly bad & lazy take.
Especially when evaluating a CB

Advertisement

It's amazing how ppl completely disregard scotting play on the field for numbers. It happens in basketball, baseball, and now more and more football.

No, to be honest, I only looked at the highlight "hype" reel, which only has 15 plays on it. Half of the plays involved a swarming defense in which he just got there first. I'm a production kind of guy and numbers don't lie. To me, his numbers are average for being a multiyear starter. I question his true ability. Why not just go to the draft If he could get 3rd through 5th round money vs. getting hurt and getting nothing? Everyone else does...

Advertisement
No, to be honest, I only looked at the highlight "hype" reel, which only has 15 plays on it. Half of the plays involved a swarming defense in which he just got there first. I'm a production kind of guy and numbers don't lie. To me, his numbers are average for being a multiyear starter. I question his true ability. Why not just go to the draft If he could get 3rd through 5th round money vs. getting hurt and getting nothing? Everyone else does...
Has Ivey ever “just got there first” in any play you’ve ever seen him make since he’s been here?

All I can tell you is, your two choices are, go off of the limited view you have, or watch some full OK St games on YouTube & get a better perspective. Otherwise, you’re literally arguing against a player that you’ve never seen play before which is kinda funny if you really think about it...

Has Ivey ever “just got there first” in any play you’ve ever seen him make since he’s been here?

All I can tell you is, your two choices are, go off of the limited view you have, or watch some full OK St games on YouTube & get a better perspective. Otherwise, you’re literally arguing against a player that you’ve never seen play before which is kinda funny if you really think about it...
I don't have the time, nor do I need to agree with you. Maybe, Ivey wasn't the best comparison. I barely have time to watch the Canes. Bottomline, this guy is probably projecting 6th round or above, hence, his decision to go play another year of college ball as a Grad Transfer. I prefer higher rated prospects that for some reason couldn't get the playing time they needed, ala Rambo and now, potentially Ladson.

Seems odd to leave a team he was thriving with and who was a c-hair away from the CFP, but definitely a take all day. Hopefully he doesnt follow his DC to Taint

Advertisement
I don't have the time, nor do I need to agree with you. Maybe, Ivey wasn't the best comparison. I barely have time to watch the Canes. Bottomline, this guy is probably projecting 6th round or above, hence, his decision to go play another year of college ball as a Grad Transfer. I prefer higher rated prospects that for some reason couldn't get the playing time they needed, ala Rambo and now, potentially Ladson.
I don’t want you to agree with me, in fact I actually like the fact that you haven’t seen him a play a game but are certain his of ability, that’s pretty **** ballsy if you ask me.

Appreciate the feedback.

Not taking sides here..... But uhh .... Why even give an opinion on a player you haven't had the time to watch? That's like never watching a movie and saying it sucked lol

Advertisement
Speaking of ****** recruiting and the guy responsible for all this, anyone know if Rumph is being retained?
I do not know. I thought he'd be a no-brainer to let go. But somewhat ironically, he was driving the recruits around campus in a golf cart during the December OV's.

Advertisement
Back