2024 CB Jamari Howard

Advertisement
He’s a long time Coach in South FL, used to coach at Champagnat, coached at Dade Christian, Edison & a number of other schools in South FL, at one point used to have his own school/academy type of situation.

Real good dude, not a handler or anything like that, it’s just more of an inside joke. If you don’t get it don’t worry about it lol

Advertisement
Imagine being mad at a kid for not thinking Miami is an upper echelon school when the people at Miami didn’t give a *** and let the football program be ran into the ***** dirt. We ain’t been **** for TWENTY YEARS…TWENTY YEARS and yall get mad when the kids down here don’t respect us lol why tf would they take us serious when we ain’t did **** when they were alive?? Yea WE could believe mario and others are gonna turn it around but we ain’t prove **** yet
Not only that but our own fans **** on the program all the time…”why would I send my kid to Miami“ is what is always said on here

At UiF yesterday and today.
law and order crazy shit GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

The No. 50 prospect overall and No. 7 cornerback in On3’s 2024 rankings says programs such as Florida, Florida State, Nebraska, Ohio State, and Miami have continued to show heavy interest despite his commitment to the Spartans.

“I’m still open; I’m not shutting anybody out right now,” Howard told CaneSport. “I’m trying to see what fits me the best.”

The 6-foot-11/2, 170-pound defensive back recently visited Miami and spoke about how his trip to Coral Gables went down.

“It felt like I was home,” Howard said. “Coach Mario Cristobal was telling me and letting me know that they would love to have me at Miami and coach me and get me to the next level.”

Howard had the chance to speak with Miami head coach Mario Cristobal, defensive back coach Jahmile Addae, and defensive analyst Demarcus Van Dyke, whom he has known for some time.

“Me and DVD talk all the time,” Howard said. “We were talking about how I’m doing on the track and everything, and how he’d love to coach me also.”

Howard also mentioned Hurricanes offensive analyst Benedick Hyppolite as someone with whom he has a strong relationship with on the staff, as the two connected during Hyppolite’s time at the University of Florida.

When asked if Hyppolite’s return to Miami aided the Hurricanes’ chances, Howard firmly responded yes.

“He tells me a lot of stuff and wants me to stay home,” Howard said. “He doesn’t want me to leave; he gets me hyped and turned up after talking with him.”

Howard says he’s happy with how the Hurricanes have made him feel like a top target in the 2024 cycle, despite the fact that he wasn’t on their radar not long ago.

“It makes me feel great because they really weren’t recruiting me, but now they are,” Howard said. “It’s good because I’m from Miami and just everything.”

While Miami is now behind and must play catch-up, Howard feels they are well on their way to being a school he will seriously consider.

“They kind of already did a little bit,” Howard added.

Howard, who is also the No. 6-ranked prospect in Florida, has said he is still “locked in” with the Spartans, explained his biggest wants in his eventual school.

“I’m looking for a school with great NLI opportunities,” Howard said. “Potentially playing time as a freshman, and what can a school do for me when I’m done playing football after it’s all done.”

Advertisement
Back