2024 CB Ellis Robinson IV

Advertisement
Sauce Gardner showed that coaching and skillset goes a long way. And the NFL sees that development and separates it from the rest of team..hence why sauce got higher draft grade than Kelee Ringo from UGA..lets hope we get Ellis. Boy look like the truth. And lets try to get Corey Raymond from Florida too..

What does that even mean? If Sauce was on UGA he would still been a top 5 pick.
Ringo was a higher rated recruit coming out of high school than Sauce. He physically more mature and athletic. Sauce had a technical better base for the position and went to Cincy and developed that skillset as his body grew and was beastin. NFL could see bast the deficiencies of the rest of the defense to see his talent. Ringo played good ball but on a better defense..my thing is its not actually better to play on a defense with better talent for draft position but to be a better talent period. Playing onna better defense is better in regards to winning more frequently yes but not always the case for draft position and NFL precursor success.

Ringo was a higher rated recruit coming out of high school than Sauce. He physically more mature and athletic. Sauce had a technical better base for the position and went to Cincy and developed that skillset as his body grew and was beastin. NFL could see bast the deficiencies of the rest of the defense to see his talent. Ringo played good ball but on a better defense..my thing is its not actually better to play on a defense with better talent for draft position but to be a better talent period. Playing onna better defense is better in regards to winning more frequently yes but not always the case for draft position and NFL precursor success.

Tape is tape. Wingo didn’t have the hips and was straight line speed/size/weight combo coming out of high school that made him a 5 star.

Sauce was 6’3 160 out of high school but was great once he put a little bit of weight on, which is why he was a 3 star that went to Cincy.

I strongly disagree with your take. It doesn’t matter if you play on good or bad teams. Tape is Tape, you get exposed or you shine no matter where you are.

It might help some guys who are UDFA’s but your comparison is just wrong.

Advertisement
..my thing is its not actually better to play on a defense with better talent for draft position but to be a better talent period. Playing onna better defense is better in regards to winning more frequently yes but not always the case for draft position and NFL precursor success.
Your smoking some of the best hash if you think playing with better talent doesn’t get you a better draft grade.

You can point out all of the exceptions to that rule but that’s what you’re doing is arguing the exception. The stars are going to shine bright regardless of where they are but they shine even brighter when surrounded by others.

Does it turn UDFAs into 1st rounders? Absolutely not but competition breeds excellence period. Why do you think those late 90s, early 2000s Miami teams were so great? Because they knew if they started slacking they were going to lose their spot to the freshmen and sophomores behind them.

Last edited:
I agree tape is tape. I just in a hypothecial situation dont think his tape would of been the same at Georgia than at Cincy. I believe because of politics it would of been harder for him to get in the 2 deep at Georgia and believe it could of hurt his development. It seems Cincy was the right place at the right time with right coach (Freeman) for his development which led to his tape being his tape. Being on a weaker (recruiting) defense allowed his game time to grow and mature which to his credit he took advantage. I think in a stacked db room would of hurt his development some.

Advertisement
For guys like Robinson and Smith, it was said ad nauseam at the start of the season - Miami needs to win to give itself a real chance with elite talents.

Miami hasn't won and the coaching staff has underperformed, and woefully. It's why the Cedrick Bailey offer reeks of desperation for Miami to keep itself in the game for Smith while other blue-chip talents like Robinson have completely eliminated Miami. It's crystal clear that Cristobal needs Top 5 talent to field a team that has a fighting chance to compete in one of the worst conferences in College Football. His coaching deficiencies are that significant. And suddenly our elite recruiter is not so elite when the losses pile up. This is a very dangerous place to be for the program.

Advertisement
For guys like Robinson and Smith, it was said ad nauseam at the start of the season - Miami needs to win to give itself a real chance with elite talents.

Miami hasn't won and the coaching staff has underperformed, and woefully. It's why the Cedrick Bailey offer reeks of desperation for Miami to keep itself in the game for Smith while other blue-chip talents like Robinson have completely eliminated Miami. It's crystal clear that Cristobal needs Top 5 talent to field a team that has a fighting chance to compete in one of the worst conferences in College Football. His coaching deficiencies are that significant. And suddenly our elite recruiter is not so elite when the losses pile up. This is a very dangerous place to be for the program.

Mario better grow a new brain and stop holding this team back before his “tireless recruiter” label turns into “elite stalker” trying to sell stuff no one wants to buy

Screenshot_20231028_152905_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231028_152805_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231028_152841_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231028_152936_Samsung Internet.jpg

Im good on Robinson. We are evaling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back