CB Dawson speaks on putting UM in his top 6

View as article
Yea, this response should've been telling. Auburn is smart enough to tell him what he wants to hear and stick him on defense when he gets on campus.

Yeup. Auburn knows how to sell the fast recruits and get them on campus. Losing both Dawson and Dunn depletes our cornerback board. I can't think of any great athletes that we have any type of traction with.

Advertisement
Rumph batting a cool 7 for 65 since being here. He's landed 7 ******* guys since being hired. 7!

Yeup. Auburn knows how to sell the fast recruits and get them on campus. Losing both Dawson and Dunn depletes our cornerback board. I can't think of any great athletes that we have any type of traction with.
Daniel Edwards from winter park....6'0, runs a 10.86 in the 100 and looks like he barely hits the weight room. Not saying we have traction, but if UM isnlooking for a pretty good athlete with a high ceiling they should start evaluating him. Should be an easy pull if they think he is good enough since a lot of the major programs are not on him heavy.

Rumph needs to go, but honestly with Auburn straight up lying + Igbinoghene going in the 1st we were facing more of an uphill battle here than most people would like to admit

Daniel Edwards from winter park....6'0, runs a 10.86 in the 100 and looks like he barely hits the weight room. Not saying we have traction, but if UM isnlooking for a pretty good athlete with a high ceiling they should start evaluating him. Should be an easy pull if they think he is good enough since a lot of the major programs are not on him heavy.

Of course Daniel Edwards already has a crystal ball to Auburn lol. I love the way they attack recruiting speed recruits. Edwards has a Miami offer and was at Jr. Day so we'll see how that recruitment progresses, but seems like AU has a good lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Rumph needs to go, but honestly with Auburn straight up lying + Igbinoghene going in the 1st we were facing more of an uphill battle here than most people would like to admit

this...Rumph's earlier misses (Chris Henderson and Tyson Campbell) hurt his value even more because he still doesn't have any Day 1 or Day 2 picks to sell to recruits. He has to sell himself. Now, he has a very impressive playing resume but other coaches play up his lack of coaching exp and drafted players. I've met Rumph before and still think he is a good coach and has a good personality to hit with recruits...but it's been a rough 5 years for his recruiting efforts

CBs coach is one of those positions where you just need a worker on the trail. Look at the successful guys - Coombs, Corey Raymond, Mel Tucker, Derrick Ainsley. ****, FSU even upgraded with Marcus Woodson. Us on the other hand, we have a dude who isn't personable, isn't even able to sell putting guys into being 1st/2nd round picks, AND isn't working constantly to find guys before they take off and all of the big dogs are after them. All of this while being in the best place to recruit corners in the country. It's laughable.

From AU’s 247 site ...

Just logged a Crystal Ball pick to Auburn for speedy recruit Tar'varish Dawson of Lehigh Acres (Fla.) Lehigh. He’s a 4-star in the 247Sports and a 3-star in the Composite. Dawson, listed at 5-feet-10, 175 pounds, has recorded a best 100-meters time of 10.58 seconds. The Tigers are recruiting him as an athlete. It sounds like it hasn’t been determined yet which side of the ball he’d play. From what we’re told, Auburn likes him a lot and the Tigers hope to get him on board sooner rather than later — if possible. Don’t think it’s a done deal but we’re hearing Auburn is trending in the right direction.

This on diaz imo. He is the hc. Rumph can’t tell this dude he gone play both sides that has to come from the head man. Diaz should have got in there and told him you can play both sides and return kicks too if you want.

Advertisement
Recruiting him on offense is smart, he's not really a CB to begin with & is electric playmaker with the ball in his hands.

I'm good with getting Knowles if we can get him instead of Dawson.

But the CB I want more than any other in this class is Omarion Cooper, Idc who else we miss on, just get Cooper & all is forgiven.

Advertisement
Stefan did in the article that is the OP of this thread.

“Auburn is all about talking BAGS,” Dawson said. “They talk about putting me on both sides of the ball, and that’s something I want to do in college because I’ve had a dream of doing that.”

Fixed

Advertisement
Buh buh but they’re mostly all four stars bro. So what our depth has been diddly poo since he’s been here.
And none of them have lived up to their stars up to this point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back