CB D’yoni Hill commits to Miami

Advertisement
Am I just high or isn't this the same stuff they said about the older Brown last year?

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Well done, thanks for the breakdown. Do you think this changes how we use Powell?
Yes, it should.

Mesh likely fits better in our Scheme as more of a true Centerfielder Safety. He's been playing more at Nickel, but if I'm allowed tbh, he's looked like he had a hard time covering the Y. Pretty much every big catch we heard about all Spring from Restrepo was with Mesh covering him & then in the Spring game he just didn't look too comfortable in that spot IMO.

I'm guessing, Guidreaux will move Mesh to more Safety & put one of the other Corners as a full time Nickel.

I'm hoping we're not done at CB for the Portal, because there's still at least 4 or 5 more players available we could add that would further stabilize the Secondary & give us much needed depth.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Am I just high or isn't this the same stuff they said about the older Brown last year?
I can't speak for "they", but no I didn't say the same stuff about Davonte.

I was high on his add because coming off his Junior year at UCF he lead the nation in Passes Defensed. But I didn't do a detailed breakdown of Davonte the same as I did for Dyoni.

The difference between the two I would say is who they have Coaching them. A large part of Davonte's one season here was deluded by the fact that he didn't get along with Addae & was on his bad side from the beginning. Addae & Davonte almost came to blows & had a very contentious relationship, which in large part effected Davonte's ability at getting a fair shake & being able to establish himself.

But either way, Dyoni & Davonte aren't the same player, so regardless of whatever was said about him last year has no bearing on what Hill may or may not do in Miami.

Obviously, Cristobal has taken multiple Portal CB's since he's came to Miami, so he's applying the try & try again method to that room.

I can't speak for "they", but no I didn't say the same stuff about Davonte.

I was high on his add because coming off his Junior year at UCF he lead the nation in Passes Defensed. But I didn't do a detailed breakdown of Davonte the same as I did for Dyoni.

The difference between the two I would say is who they have Coaching them. A large part of Davonte's one season here was deluded by the fact that he didn't get along with Addae & was on his bad side from the beginning. Addae & Davonte almost came to blows & had a very contentious relationship, which in large part effected Davonte's ability at getting a fair shake & being able to establish himself.

But either way, Dyoni & Davonte aren't the same player, so regardless of whatever was said about him last year has no bearing on what Hill may or may not do in Miami.

Obviously, Cristobal has taken multiple Portal CB's since he's came to Miami, so he's applying the try & try again method to that room.
No it wasn't directed towards you or anyone really, just the board as a whole. Just seems like I read a lot of the same things about Brown last year. Tall, long arms, excels in man to man, day one starter... blah blah.

Advertisement
Yes, it should.

Mesh likely fits better in our Scheme as more of a true Centerfielder Safety. He's been playing more at Nickel, but if I'm allowed tbh, he's looked like he had a hard time covering the Y. Pretty much every big catch we heard about all Spring from Restrepo was with Mesh covering him & then in the Spring game he just didn't look too comfortable in that spot IMO.

I'm guessing, Guidreaux will move Mesh to more Safety & put one of the other Corners as a full time Nickel.

I'm hoping we're not done at CB for the Portal, because there's still at least 4 or 5 more players available we could add that would further stabilize the Secondary & give us much needed depth.
We’re not, my friend.

Advertisement
Yes, it should.

Agree. CB is far too deep in the portal to only end with 1. Before Spring opened I wanted to make sure we got 1 CB and 1 S (and would have prefered 2 CBs), but now, I think we just have to end with 2 CBs, and likely don't get a safety.
I am glad we just took Hill regardless right now. I'd have liked us to have gone out for Anthony Johnson and just lock both up quickly. Tacario seems like it's pointless to go for. I guess Brooks could be the target, and being he's leaving a SEC program, could give us quite an advantage...

Advertisement
Back