2023 CB Board (2023 Edition)

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Like the LB Board, seems like we have CB recruits popping up out of nowhere all the time. Staff board is fuzzy as Addae seems to be searching under every rock for 4* CBs. Multiple threads people wondering what our CB board is so its time to collect all the facts and figure this out.

As I suspected, @Brooklyndee says Mario has a plan when it comes to LB & CB recruiting. We just need to watch it unfold.

From what I can tell, this is our priority list

2023 CB Priorities

• Cormani McClain (Committed) Total shocker here.
  • Robert Stafford (Committed)
  • Damari Brown (Committed)
  • Jaylon Braxton (Arkansas)
  • Antione Jackson (Committed, flipped from UGA)
  • Desmond Ricks ( @DMoney confirmed he was a priority 2024 recruit), (Bama)

2023 Additional Targets

• Preston Thompson (FIU)

2023 Misses/Whiffs/Deprioritizations

• Sharif Denson (Committed to Billy and the G5s, both parents are Gates)
  • JaKeem Jackson (Committed to Billy and the G5s)
  • Antonio Robinson (Committed to Wake, I don't think we recruited him)
  • Kelton Henderson (USC Commit)
  • Aaron Williams (Louisville)
2023 Never Recruited

• Daniel Harris (UGA commit, Donell Harris' brother, enough said, never recruited him)

2024 CB

As with the other boards, the number of CBs we take in 23 will influence the slots available for 2024.

2024 CB Priorities

2024 Additional Targets

Starting off with the list from @Hurricane Warrior and supplemented with list from @Liberty City El . Please post other prospects below and I'll add to the list

• Jamari Howard (MNW)
  • Tavoy Feagin (Carrollwood Day)
  • Tomauri Johnson, (Jackson)
  • Lawayne McCoy (Avant Garde)
  • Jamil Watkins (Vanguard)
  • Donavan Philord (Champagnat)
  • Kobe Black from (Waco TX)
  • Jordon Johnson Rubell, (Goes to IMG from Ft. Worth TX)
  • Braydon Lee (Maryland)
  • Asaad Brown (Virginia)
  • Zion Ferguson (Grayson)
  • Mario Buford (DeSoto TX)
  • Isaiah Rubin from (Desert Pines, Vegas )
  • Charles Lester III
  • Ellis Robinson IV
  • Omillio Agard
  • Marcelles Williams
  • Khristian Dunbar-Hawkins
  • Wallace Foster
  • Rashad Snow
  • Brayshon Williams

Last edited:
Advertisement
When you put this all down in a post, seems worse than I initially thought. Another thread where I'm hoping there are CBs being recruited that we don't have visibility to.

2024:
FL:
- Jamari Howard from Hialeah, goes to MNW
- Tavoy Feagin from Tampa, goes to Carrollwood Day (Is listed as a Safety but plays CB)
- Tomauri Johnson, goes to Miami Jackson (Plays both Safety & CB)
- Lawayne McCoy from Hollywood, goes to Avant Garde (ATH that plays WR & CB, but projects best at CB)
- Jamil Watkins from Ocala, goes to Vanguard (ATH that plays WR & CB)
- Donavan Philord from Hialeah, goes to Champagnat

Nationally: (This is more of a list of who we should not necessarily of who we are recruiting Nationally)
- Kobe Black from Waco TX
- Jordon Johnson Rubell, from Ft. Worth TX (Goes to IMG)
- Braydon Lee from Maryland
- Asaad Brown from Virginia
- Zion Ferguson from GA, goes to Grayson
- Mario Buford from DeSoto TX
- Isaiah Rubin from Vegas NV (Goes to Desert Pines, a school we’ve recruited before)

There’s other I’ll save for a rainy day, but next year’s CB class is really deep Nationally, the Tampa/Sarasota/IMG group is the top of the food chain, but if we continue on with our National recruiting there’s a lot of prospects we can go after & have success with, it’s simply a matter of what they’re looking for.

Advertisement
Advertisement
2024 ATH Fred Gaskin III from Ocala, goes to Vanguard

IMO he’s a Slot WR at the next level, but some project him at CB too.
I’d say more of a nickel possible safety type more then a slot wr but he’s just a good football player overall more quick then fast

Like the LB Board, seems like we have CB recruits popping up out of nowhere all the time. Staff board is fuzzy as Addae seems to be searching under every rock for 4* CBs. Multiple threads people wondering what our CB board is so its time to collect all the facts and figure this out.

From what I can tell, this is our priority list

2023 CB Priorities

• Cormani McClain (this one is going to signing day most likely)
  • Robert Stafford (Committed)
  • Damari Brown (Heritage kid, uphill climb both ways as usual)
  • Jaylon Braxton (was committed to Sparty, now trending to the Hogs)

2023 Additional Targets

• Daniel Harris (Donell Harris' brother, enough said)
  • Preston Thompson (invited to Legends camp)

2023 Misses/Whiffs/Deprioritizations

• Sharif Denson (Committed to Billy and the G5s, both parents are Gates)
  • Antonio Robinson (Committed to Wake, I don't think we recruited him)
  • Kelton Henderson (USC Commit)
  • Aaron Williams (Louisville)

2024 CB

As with the other boards, the number of CBs we take in 23 will influence the slots available for 2024.

2024 CB Priorities

• Antione Jackson (Commit, flipped from UGA)
  • Desmond Ricks

2024 Additional Targets

Starting off with the list from @Hurricane Warrior and supplemented with list from @Liberty City El . Please post other prospects below and I'll add to the list

• Jamari Howard (MNW)
  • Tavoy Feagin (Carrollwood Day)
  • Tomauri Johnson, (Jackson)
  • Lawayne McCoy (Avant Garde)
  • Jamil Watkins (Vanguard)
  • Donavan Philord (Champagnat)
  • Kobe Black from (Waco TX)
  • Jordon Johnson Rubell, (Goes to IMG from Ft. Worth TX)
  • Braydon Lee (Maryland)
  • Asaad Brown (Virginia)
  • Zion Ferguson (Grayson)
  • Mario Buford (DeSoto TX)
  • Isaiah Rubin from (Desert Pines, Vegas )
  • Charles Lester III
  • Ellis Robinson IV
  • Omillio Agard
  • Marcelles Williams
  • Khristian Dunbar-Hawkins
  • Wallace Foster
  • Rashad Snow
  • Brayshon Williams
Donnell Harris committed to UGA last week.

Advertisement
After reading this post from @Brooklyndee , I'm feeling much better than Mario & crew have a plan with CB recruiting.

Don't do it to yourselves.

LOL
Lol I don’t get worked up one way or the other on any of these decisions like I used to. I’ll still be hyped if they sign, on to the next otherwise.

A great head coach steers the ship now. I don’t believe in the AH boogeyman nonsense and neither does he. The negative stigma from not offering certain Heritage players (Mckenzie, McFadden, Dowels, etc.) and sucking on the field can’t be applied anymore.

The alum information was left out of the OP and it’s pertinent for a top 4 corner on our board. Not everyone knows all the football connections.

Last edited:
Important CB updates in the 7/6 Edition the bank. OP has been updated

The commitment of Antoine Jackson (Dillard ’24) could set off a chain of 2024 commitments. Keep an eye on CB Desmond Ricks, the #2 overall player in the country. He played on Miami Immortals with Jaden Rashada, Brown, Jean, Robby Washington and a Cane-friendly staff. He is also teammates at IMG with Mauigoa, Wayne and Riley Williams. Ricks is a major priority.

Miami is aware of its momentum and will continue to recruit guys hard even if they are currently trailing. RB Cedric Baxter (Orlando), DT Sydir Mitchell (Oradell, NJ) and CB Cormani McClain (Lakeland) fit into this category. Miami’s relentlessness will pay off in the end with a couple of these guys, especially if the team has success.

Advertisement
2024:
FL:
- Jamari Howard from Hialeah, goes to MNW
- Tavoy Feagin from Tampa, goes to Carrollwood Day (Is listed as a Safety but plays CB)
- Tomauri Johnson, goes to Miami Jackson (Plays both Safety & CB)
- Lawayne McCoy from Hollywood, goes to Avant Garde (ATH that plays WR & CB, but projects best at CB)
- Jamil Watkins from Ocala, goes to Vanguard (ATH that plays WR & CB)
- Donavan Philord from Hialeah, goes to Champagnat

Nationally: (This is more of a list of who we should not necessarily of who we are recruiting Nationally)
- Kobe Black from Waco TX
- Jordon Johnson Rubell, from Ft. Worth TX (Goes to IMG)
- Braydon Lee from Maryland
- Asaad Brown from Virginia
- Zion Ferguson from GA, goes to Grayson
- Mario Buford from DeSoto TX
- Isaiah Rubin from Vegas NV (Goes to Desert Pines, a school we’ve recruited before)

There’s other I’ll save for a rainy day, but next year’s CB class is really deep Nationally, the Tampa/Sarasota/IMG group is the top of the food chain, but if we continue on with our National recruiting there’s a lot of prospects we can go after & have success with, it’s simply a matter of what they’re looking for.
You're the man. Glad the mediocrity didn't break you. Always great info.

Go Canes!

Cormani, Stafford and Damari is the dream scenario here. I think we’re gonna get Damari. McClain will be a battle all the way but I have a gut feeling we get him. We’ve not had a CB with that kind of potential since Rolle. He’s special.

Sounded like Aaron Williams tried to commit when he was on his visit here early on and the staff didn’t let him
That was an UV right? If we look at most of our commitments, these guys have used up most of their OVs. Mario might have felt it's better to let guys go through the recruiting process and then check back and see if they still want to be on board. Does us no good if guys commit early w/o enjoying the full crootin experience, just to be influenced (and rightfully so) to take their visits, then we have a probable decommit situation.

Advertisement
Back