CAUTION Lane thread

only reason im updating is because he said something interesting
rivals 12/3
-"Coach T-Rob is coming to see me today," "I think he is bringing Joker Phillips. I'm looking forward to just talking to them. I mean they recruited me enough for me to commit, so nothing has changed. We will probably just talk football."
-When asked which school get his first official visit? Lane hesitated before saying, "It will be either Florida State or Florida, but I'm not sure yet."
-"That's one of the main parts with them is playing early," "I liked the campus and school when I went up there. Anywhere you go you have to put in hard work to get on the field."
-Another factor in his recruitment is his friendship with Dalvin Cook and Crybaby Wilson. FSU and Miami are putting on the full-court pressure to get him to flip.(Wilson appears to be solid to the Gators <------- fu.ck that sh.it he aint got a choice). If Cook decommits that could impact Lane's decision more.
-"I would love to play on the same offense as him,"
-"100% committed to Florida." However, recruiting is starting to take a toll on him. He said, "It's getting harder and harder everyday." :rollcanes:

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1582996

12/19 update

while Lane's not doing much public speaking, his coach, Larry Coffey, says it's hard to say what might happen with his star player's recruitment entering the final month-plus of recruiting

This is his coach speaking NOT Lane
-"Anything can happen," "I'm going to be as surprised as anybody probably on signing day."
reason why Lane's recruitment is somewhat unpredictable?
- has met with coaches from several schools, including Alabama coaches in mid-December that he set up on his own - typically high school coaches/administrators arrange the in-school visits.UM also visited with Lane at school, going through the coach to set that one up
-"Coach Barrow and coach Coley came -Ermon and coach Barrow are cousins, so they had a nice visit," "But I'm not sure how receptive he was to it."
-Set up visits to Florida and is in the process of setting up a Florida State
-"He's been close-lipped about things," "I don't try to push him, try to provide my kids with parameters and let them and their families make the decision."

Everybody is closed lip these days smh

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1589004

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I doubt Miami is putting full court press on Lane to flip. LOL

You talk to Pete and other insiders, you'll realize that UM has moved on (w/r/t Lane).

You talk to Pete and other insiders, you'll realize that UM has moved on (w/r/t Lane).

Get the feeling you can't trust what this kid says....at all

Advertisement

Besides Pete what other "insider" has said we weren't recruiting him? Luke from 247 says we are, his coach says we are, the ITU thinks we are, and Lane says we are.

Front Runner who knows he committed to a middle of the pack team.

He's having post purchase dissonance (buyer's remorse) before signing his name.

Advertisement

Even though we have spent the past 6 months deluding ourselves into thinking Lane isn't any good, the reality is that he is pretty big, pretty fast and would be a nice addition to a roster lacking quality depth. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we went hard now that silly season is here.

Even though we have spent the past 6 months deluding ourselves into thinking Lane isn't any good, the reality is that he is pretty big, pretty fast and would be a nice addition to a roster lacking quality depth. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we went hard now that silly season is here.

exactly. we would all welcome him to the U

Its one thing to accept his commitment but totally another thing to invest the very limited time and resources trying to convince him to commit. UM and probably ANY school that offered him would accept his commitment but I have to wonder if any other schools are recruiting him. Perhaps that's why he's so focused on the other high star rated recruits in UF's 2014 class.

Advertisement

Its one thing to accept his commitment but totally another thing to invest the very limited time and resources trying to convince him to commit. UM and probably ANY school that offered him would accept his commitment but I have to wonder if any other schools are recruiting him. Perhaps that's why he's so focused on the other high star rated recruits in UF's 2014 class.

because if cook is an uphill climb, landing lane is like climbing Mt. Everest. he really hasn't indicated any interest at all in coming here. if you all recall cook was a little like this earlier in the cycle but as many here predicted would give us a chance in the end (which he is doing). totally different situations.

Besides Pete what other "insider" has said we weren't recruiting him? Luke from 247 says we are, his coach says we are, the ITU thinks we are, and Lane says we are.

There are other sources throughout the net.

No doubt. If Lane calles up his recruiter or Golden and says "I want to come", I'm sure they'll try to make room.

Front Runner who knows he committed to a middle of the pack team.

He's having post purchase dissonance (buyer's remorse) before signing his name.

If he was a front runner, he would committed to Bama a long time ago. They were the favorites for a long time.

Advertisement
Back