Cats out of the bag

Advertisement
Five guys who I really wished dawn the Orange and Green are Lynch, Charles Woodson, Deion, Faulk, and D Thomas. I feel those 5 guys are the embodiment of what we were as a program in terms of swag, hardwork, football IQ, and chit talkers (except for Marshall)
Marshall Faulk is my favorite NFL back.

I remember that game. '84 was a weird year. We prevailed against the Gaytors but I remember getting our teeth kicked in by FSU.

When Schnelleberger quit, JJ had to accept all of his assistants. During JJ's first meeting with the staff, Olivadotti kept picking up his keys and dropping them on the table.

Season started off well, but JJ and staff continued to clash, and we had the end-of-season meltdown with the losing streak (including the Hail Flutie game). Archer ended up at LSU (where JJ ran up the score in 1988).

Things were much better once JJ was able to hire his own staff for 1985.

Advertisement
When Schnelleberger quit, JJ had to accept all of his assistants. During JJ's first meeting with the staff, Olivadotti kept picking up his keys and dropping them on the table.

Season started off well, but JJ and staff continued to clash, and we had the end-of-season meltdown with the losing streak (including the Hail Flutie game). Archer ended up at LSU (where JJ ran up the score in 1988).

This is interesting. Any reason why JJ had to accept Schnelly's staff? Was that a condition of his hire?

That LSU game was a mauling. Place was a zoo pregame, empty at half. I did not know that backstory, thanks for that tid bit. Very cool.

Yeah, Olivadotti was ****ed he did not get the job. It was a real ****show from the Michigan game and beyond. Embarrassing loss to FSU. Blew a 31-0 halftime lead against Maryland. The legend of Franch Reich would begin. Two weeks later Hail Flute then the Fiesta.

Advertisement
Just little things like pulling himself out after hard tackles, running out of bounds to avoid contact, etc. His personal character is excellent.

Belen is a prep school and I believe Chaney was just preparing himself for the next level. Part of that is saving his body. He is a big back now and I expect him to turn it on with real internal competition.

Don't forget that he has a lot of room to grow physically (his dad is 6'6+ 320lb+). I think his body is still developing, and once he starts eating right and working out in a college-level s&c program, his potential will skyrocket.

Don't forget that he has a lot of room to grow physically (his dad is 6'6+ 320lb+). I think his body is still developing, and once he starts eating right and working out in a college-level s&c program, his potential will skyrocket.

This is what I said about him on another thread (https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/nfl-comparisons-class-of-2020.160622/):

I think he's got a good chance. If you've seen him in person, he's not chiseled. He's a hard worker who I think is still physically blooming. He was a 4.55 guy in HS, tremendous VJ, and I think he puts a lot of athletic tools together. Whether he converts his ability to squat and lean into power through the hole, explode downhill, etc., is to be determined. Whether he stays healthy is also TBD. But, just watching the difference in his cutbacks from junior to senior year tells me to hold out hope for another leap forward.

If I was in charge I'd make Chaney the backup to Harris and have Knighton starting in the slot.

With King here and with a brand new offense where everyone is on equal footing as of today, we can afford to undergo a collective youth movement on offense and kick some of the older vets to the curb. They had their time.

Q: King / TVD / Perry

R: Cam / Chaney / Burns

Y: Rooster / Restrepo / Pope

Z: Payton / Smith / Harley

X: Redding / Worsham / Wiggins

H: Jordan / Hodges / Mamarelli / Mallory

LT Walker / Nelson / Herbert

LG Campbell / Traore / Hillery

C Gaynor / Clark / Griffith

RG Scaife / Reed / Donaldson

RT Rivers / Washington / El-Gammal

PK Borregales / Price
This is so stupid. Why bench you’re hardest working WR in Harley for a RB? Also what has Redding proved to be starting over Wiggins? Then 2 true freshman on the Oline. We have a window right now with King at QB can’t waste it with easing in the freshman, need the experienced guys to step up.

Advertisement
Five guys who I really wished dawn the Orange and Green are Lynch, Charles Woodson, Deion, Faulk, and D Thomas. I feel those 5 guys are the embodiment of what we were as a program in terms of swag, hardwork, football IQ, and chit talkers (except for Marshall)

Deion Sanders couldn’t tackle an empty garbage can to save his life. He would have driven me crazy if he played for one of my teams.

Advertisement
So, if he's not physically developed now AND he's coming off a serious shoulder injury, he's got to be a high RS candidate, right?

Can we make do this year with a RB rotation of Harris and Knighton and Burns?

It doesn’t make sense to redshirt RBs unless they are physically unable to play.

We redshirted Lamar and McGahee, but they ended up leaving as sophomores after one season as starters. I would’ve rather used them as freshmen.

Is it just me being hammered or does anyone think Harris loses his spot to Chaney or Rooster during the season? Call me a bird if I'm wrong.

I like Cam and have been on of his biggest defenders on here. He just needs carries to get into the flow of the game. IMO he’s not a change of pace guy. I think he has to be THE guy or he’ll never reach his full potential. With that being said, it’ll all depend on how much time the new kids have to get acclimated. They need reps but having a new scheme will give them an advantage. I could absolutely see him splitting carries by mid season and going with a “who’s hot” type rotation.

So, if he's not physically developed now AND he's coming off a serious shoulder injury, he's got to be a high RS candidate, right?

Unless there’s some unexpected setback he’s going to be a full go by camp. Dude is over 200 pounds , he’s hot redshirting.

He’s way ahead of schedule.

I wouldn’t say he’s ‘not physically developed.’ I’d say he’s *still* growing into what he’ll become. Like I said in that other thread, he’s got a chance to leave here solidly over 220 pounds.

Advertisement
Back