Carter, Smith, Finley must be the worst safeties on earth

The biggest difference is probably between the ears. As bad as Beyonc is the others may be worse due to the fact they just aren't ready to play at this level mentally yet on a consistent basis. Hopefully they can get up tom speed and emerge sooner rather than later. Next year Hall and other's will be here. They may pick up things faster which means career back up for these cats.

Advertisement
The worrisome thing is that everyone thinks all our problems are solved next year with this recruiting class. Those guys are going to be true freshmen. No matter how talented they are, they'll need time to learn and get to the point where they aren't making "freshmen" mistakes. We need to hope that Carter learns the system this year and is ready to snatch a starting spot next fall.

I'm not worried about that at all... Sheldrick Redwine and Jaquan Johnson will be much better safeties next year as seniors. And will be able to help speed up the learning curve for our freshman safeties.

They are coming in with elite talent, with good to elite veteran talent around them at every position on the defense. So I don't see that being an issue at all. Kenny Phillips was a beast his true freshman year bc he had quality talent around him... next year will be a comparable situation but with better overall depth.

The worrisome thing is that everyone thinks all our problems are solved next year with this recruiting class. Those guys are going to be true freshmen. No matter how talented they are, they'll need time to learn and get to the point where they aren't making "freshmen" mistakes. We need to hope that Carter learns the system this year and is ready to snatch a starting spot next fall.

I'm not worried about that at all... Sheldrick Redwine and Jaquan Johnson will be much better safeties next year as seniors. And will be able to help speed up the learning curve for our freshman safeties.

They are coming in with elite talent, with good to elite veteran talent around them at every position on the defense. So I don't see that being an issue at all. Kenny Phillips was a beast his true freshman year bc he had quality talent around him... next year will be a comparable situation but with better overall depth.

Kenny Phillips was a beast because he was advanced and easily picked up the defense. Not many Kenny Phillips' around.

I'm guessing Jobe and either Hall or Frierson are our starting Safeties by mid-season.

I'm guessing Jobe and either Hall or Frierson are our starting Safeties by mid-season.

Jobe could possibly be playing right now. I’ll d is physically ready and will be almost 20 at the start of the season. Kid will make an impact next year and give us far more athleticism back at safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

No, most of us expect that Carter & Smith will be 1.5 years into the system and ready to perform, mixed in with maybe Campbell and/or Jobe getting some early PT bc they are ready...tbd

Next year our safety group could go from a weak link to one of the strongest position groups on the team.

Robert Knowles could even be a lot better than he is now along with all the other players, Sheldrick Redwine, Jaquan Johnson, Amari Carter, Derrick Smith, and Romeo Finley. Add Josh Jobe, Gurvan Hall, and Gilbert Frierson.

Regardless of how the depth chart shakes out that's a lot of experience, development, and talent mixed with a group of elite freshmen with more potential.

Same with the cornerbacks... Malek Young, Trajan Bandy, Michael Jackson, and Jhavonte Dean with Al Blades jr., DJ Ivey, and hopefully Tyson Campbell is going to be ridiculous no matter how the depth chart shakes out also.

Advertisement

Jobe could possibly be playing right now. I’ll d is physically ready and will be almost 20 at the start of the season. Kid will make an impact next year and give us far more athleticism back at safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every year it's the same with fans..... so and so freshman would be starting and killing everyone. We heard this last year with Amari Carter and he's supposedly lost out there cause he's young. Thomas was gonna bench Berrios taking his slot role. Just let players get here and figure stuff out. If coaches listened to all the idiots, the guy whose saved our season twice now would have been let go at WR two years ago.

"So whats the problem? All I'm saying is that kid can play safety"

hqdefault.jpg

I can't wait until we have a playmaking safety on the back end of our defense. Just don't feel right with us not having one back there right these last few years.

Advertisement
Back