Carlton Davis

Lmao @ M3N for comparing a group of Fsu corners who had a top 3 defense in the country having their back and a top flight safety in Joyner..to Burns who had a bottom 3 defense and a group of below average safeties which included a guy who retired as soon as he left..smh.

U don't know many true freshmen corners prob besides Dre bly and champ bailey who balled out as trues. Even the immortal Patrick Peterson struggled. But folks dont remember that of course.

Burns will be fine.

So you think Artie Burns will be as good as Patrick Peterson?

Wait name me a corner in college that will be as good as patrick peterson wtf is up with yall comparing players to greats

In terms of CB play I'd say VH3, but I don't think no one is going to touch Peterson's ability to make plays.

Advertisement
Anybody comparing Burns to the FSU cbs need to realize something....... they had an ELITE defensive line whos had what 5 lineman drafted the last 2 years and you want to compare their cb situation to ours?! Come on yo

Lmao @ M3N for comparing a group of Fsu corners who had a top 3 defense in the country having their back and a top flight safety in Joyner..to Burns who had a bottom 3 defense and a group of below average safeties which included a guy who retired as soon as he left..smh.

U don't know many true freshmen corners prob besides Dre bly and champ bailey who balled out as trues. Even the immortal Patrick Peterson struggled. But folks dont remember that of course.

Burns will be fine.

So you think Artie Burns will be as good as Patrick Peterson?

Wait name me a corner in college that will be as good as patrick peterson wtf is up with yall comparing players to greats

In terms of CB play I'd say VH3, but I don't think no one is going to touch Peterson's ability to make plays.

You alll have to also compare the lines that each cb has, some of the best cbs know they can trust their 4 man front to put pressure on the qbs so they can take more cvhances ad use their ball skills to bait the qbs into mistakes. Burns struggled yes but for a true freshman and a kid who may fee like he has to take more chances just to make a stop some of the big plays he gave up are understadable

I'm just gonna leave this here...
@13:55
@14:40

http://youtu.be/aZlCF9aOL1w

I like Artie but he has to get better ASAP Miami plays Bobby Petrino & that Louisville offense WEEK1 they're gonna throw the ball like 40 times.

Their qb, wrs and rbs have to adjust to Petrinos offense and they may struggle at first especially the qb and if the line can at least play well enough it gives Artie a much better chance

Advertisement

I like Artie but he has to get better ASAP Miami plays Bobby Petrino & that Louisville offense WEEK1 they're gonna throw the ball like 40 times.

440.jpg

For a freshman corner I think Burns played fine. Yeah the Louisville game but he shined at times too. I remember from recent history. Brandon Harris and Tracy Howard struggled as true freshman. Harris turned out into an all-American. And Howard turning out fine into an all-acc. and possibly now an all-American this year.

I remember everyone bashing Brandon Harris as a true freshman, he got slaughtered that year especially against FSU. Next year he came out a lockdown corner.

Artie will make another jump this year. Just like Howard did this past year

Not everyone is Vernon Hargreaves. Hargreaves is very advanced for his age. It's rare.

Last edited:
For a freshman corner I think Burns played fine. Yeah the Louisville game but he shined at times too. I remember from recent history. Brandon Harris and Tracy Howard struggled as true freshman. Harris turned out into an all-American. And Howard turning out fine into an all-acc. and possibly now an all-American this year.

I remember everyone bashing Brandon Harris as a true freshman, he got slaughtered that year especially against FSU. Next year he came out a lockdown corner.

Artie will make another jump this year. Just like Howard did this past year

Not everyone is Vernon Hargreaves. Hargreaves is very advanced for his age. It's rare.

Great Post Geo.
I remember Howard getting abused his frosh year and thought he made a significant jump last year and now hopefully he jumps into elite status.

Yea Hargreaves is just an animal.

Advertisement
Not only that. Parker been in college a LOT longer than Burns. And was already proven before any of that.

Brandon Harris got killed by Greg Carr as a freshman come on. And turned out perfectly fine.

I'm sure Burns will turn out just fine. I don't remember him doing bad at all for a freshman besides the Louisville game, where practically everyone got their **** pushed in.

I remember everyone singing high praises for him before that. Let's just wait until the season. I'm positive he will make a big jump which has been show with star corners of ours in the past.

****, I even remember ed reed struggling early on, during his time here. Or even Brandon Meriweather who got trucked against WVU early on and ended up being a two time all- American, first round pick with some pro bowls on his belt too.

This is beyond laughable. Judge him after he's another year or two in the program. He will be doing just fine. Bama wanted this kid bad, I'll trust their evaluation.

For every Kenny Phillips, Patrick Peterson(who by the way struggled early too.) and Hargreaves. Theirs many others who the light doesn't completely come on till year 2 or year 3. Or even later. Guys who make big impacts as freshman, especially on defense are super rare.

Last edited:
Watch for jumps in players games like Coley, Carter, Burns, Kirby, Elder, Grace, Muhammad, and McCord.
Even Bush, you don't put out a freshman all-American season and just disappear, watch when healthy now. Or even other juniors and seniors on the team.

**** even Gunter last year compared to his first year here. Made a big jump. And he came out of juco.

And guess what for every freshman sensation. Theirs sophomore slumps due to injuries or many things, does Sean spence ring a bell, his sophomore filled injury season? Or Denzel Perryman sophomore injury filled season ring a bell?

Rag on guys when they get to year 3 at the least. Full product doesn't show till year 3 or 4 in a program.

**** even people wrote off Malcolm Lewis after the injury. Guess what, looks like he's going to be our slot for seasons to come if he is truly healthy.

I hate it, when people rag or write someone off with no substance early on. I could understand if said player is buried on depth chart or has character concerns. But come on.

Rant over.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Is it just me or does South Carolina seem to be coming up with more frequency as a finalist for some of these recruits? Do they have a new person on their staff targeting Florida?

Is it just me or does South Carolina seem to be coming up with more frequency as a finalist for some of these recruits? Do they have a new person on their staff targeting Florida?

they are coming down here telling kids they will be on the field their freshman year. And idk who the DB coach is but he is pushing hard for top DBs in the area

Carlton missed a visit that South Carolina was expecting him on. And he's visiting this weekend for U day and announces just two days after. If everything goes right....

yeah true freshman vs an all american wr who would have been taken in the first two rounds this year. If Parker played here he would be the 2nd best player on our team

Advertisement
Back