Carlton Davis

Advertisement
Advertisement
First person I seen keep it real about burns
Burns always gets beat in coverage, I hope he got better over the off season. Tracy rarely gets beat. I trust Gunter a lil bit more than Burns

What did you do your freshman year at the University of Nowhere? I'll hang up and listen.

Ahhhh yes, the "where'd you play?" argument. Popular on sports talk radio and Grassy circa The Shannon Era.

Burns was only a freshman

Playing one of the hardest positions to play on the field. It takes a lot more than just talent and physical abilities to play corner. People think DB's can come from HS and just jump in the rotation like RB's. Wrong.

Ever hear of Darby and Ramsey or Pj Williams? They played day 1 and have excelled. I agree it's a difficult transition, but it's not like playing DT as a frosh.

Advertisement

Playing one of the hardest positions to play on the field. It takes a lot more than just talent and physical abilities to play corner. People think DB's can come from HS and just jump in the rotation like RB's. Wrong.

Ever hear of Darby and Ramsey or Pj Williams? They played day 1 and have excelled. I agree it's a difficult transition, but it's not like playing DT as a frosh.

Not everything is a seamless transition, nor does it need to be.

Tracy struggled in his freshman season and came back to be one of the best Corners in the ACC, if not the country in his sophomore season.

Patience.

The real deal with his best football ahead of him. Doesn't have the polish you might want right now but the kid has great potential and I look for him to blow up this year. This is the type of explosive athlete we should always have in the UM defensive backfield. I've been a huge fan for some time. IMO he is as big of a must get as anyone in this class.

Lmao @ M3N for comparing a group of Fsu corners who had a top 3 defense in the country having their back and a top flight safety in Joyner..to Burns who had a bottom 3 defense and a group of below average safeties which included a guy who retired as soon as he left..smh.

U don't know many true freshmen corners prob besides Dre bly and champ bailey who balled out as trues. Even the immortal Patrick Peterson struggled. But folks dont remember that of course.

Burns will be fine.

Lmao @ M3N for comparing a group of Fsu corners who had a top 3 defense in the country having their back and a top flight safety in Joyner..to Burns who had a bottom 3 defense and a group of below average safeties which included a guy who retired as soon as he left..smh.

U don't know many true freshmen corners prob besides Dre bly and champ bailey who balled out as trues. Even the immortal Patrick Peterson struggled. But folks dont remember that of course.

Burns will be fine.

So you think Artie Burns will be as good as Patrick Peterson?

Advertisement
No. Thats not what I was saying..but I think he will be just as good if not better then darby and ramsey from fsu.

Burns will be fine.

Is that seriously the point you got out of that post?

Burns will be fine.

Wait name me a corner in college that will be as good as patrick peterson wtf is up with yall comparing players to greats

Advertisement

Dumb ****, Pj Willimas played very little as a true freshman

Burns will be fine.

Lmao why are you deflecting now? That wasn't his point at all. Burns made some plays throughout the season & played more than he should've had to for a true freshman. Unfortunately our freshest memories are from the bowl game, mostly against Devante Parker.

Burns will be fine.

Lmao why are you deflecting now? That wasn't his point at all. Burns made some plays throughout the season & played more than he should've had to for a true freshman. Unfortunately our freshest memories are from the bowl game, mostly against Devante Parker.

The same way yall feel about burns is the same way I feel about Crawford.... i can see Crawford and Burns battling for that 3rd/4th spot behind Gunter and Howard.... i just don't see how Elder who was injured majority the season will jump A. CRAWFORD with all that experience i dont see him declining to me he got better just like Burns should because he actually played alot. Crawford did more good than bad last year. Him and Gunter are the least respected DB's in the secondary and it makes me shake my head.

First person I seen keep it real about burns
Burns always gets beat in coverage, I hope he got better over the off season. Tracy rarely gets beat. I trust Gunter a lil bit more than Burns

What did you do your freshman year at the University of Nowhere? I'll hang up and listen.

Ahhhh yes, the "where'd you play?" argument. Popular on sports talk radio and Grassy circa The Shannon Era.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I didn't get beat or give up a single touchdown my freshman year. I didn't give up any TDs my Sophomore thru Senior years for that matter either. So I guess I'm still allowed to analyze and critique!

Advertisement
Back