Carlton Davis Will Not Sign With Ohio State

Lol at schools in Ohio and Alabama just moving up and down their lists in South Florida to round out their DB classes while we have apparently spent all season turning up our noses at solid kids while the elite kids turn us down.

Couldn't have said it better. There are about 5-6 CBs from SFla signing with big time schools on Tues that we didn't bother with.

Meanwhile we have a 2 year haul of a camp reach and a kid in SEC country that no SEC teams wanted. Gross incompetence or intentional sabotage, one or the other.

If we close by losing Scarlett and not getting any better at DT & CB, I think it's time to start discussing this as a serious possibility. Think about it, Golden could be making his UM salary PLUS a multi-million $ stipend from FSU boosters to wreck us. Think about the turns of Lane, Rudolph, Cook last year, and SBB, Ridley, C. Davis, etc. this year, kids who LOVED the U. Do that for a few years and he's wealthy for life, and it's probably a lot more effective than paying off individual recruits if you're an FSU booster. Hmm....

(For the slow thinkers out there, no, I'm not serious).

I know you're joking, but I don't think it's too farfetched to presume that a guy who hates it here and is almost universally reviled might not really care all that much about recruiting anymore.

I've had the feeling for a long time that the guy is basically begging to be fired, so he can cash out and move on to ESPN 3 for a couple years. Had anyone actually seen the slob since the season mercifully ended?

Nope. Not one public appearance. The only reason we know he is still alive is because of those poor misinformed families who have let him into their homes to talk to their talented sons. If he shows his face on signing day it will be about 40 days since he showed his face at a public event.

Exactly,Golden hasn't had the balls-decency to face the media or fan base and explain what his plan is to improve the team next year,like he did the past few years.IMO he just doesn't care anymore and is just waiting to get fired or for a miracle and another school to offer him a job after next season.

Advertisement
So after OSU, auburn, Alabama, FSU, LSU, Notre Dame, and a host of others pick over all of the talent in our back yard, what you guys are saying is we will get what's left?

Oh wait, We got Jer-Z on lock! Think I'll go drink now.

The new rap is that UM lost every local kid when we were great too.

Lol at schools in Ohio and Alabama just moving up and down their lists in South Florida to round out their DB classes while we have apparently spent all season turning up our noses at solid kids while the elite kids turn us down.

Couldn't have said it better. There are about 5-6 CBs from SFla signing with big time schools on Tues that we didn't bother with.

Meanwhile we have a 2 year haul of a camp reach and a kid in SEC country that no SEC teams wanted. Gross incompetence or intentional sabotage, one or the other.

If we close by losing Scarlett and not getting any better at DT & CB, I think it's time to start discussing this as a serious possibility. Think about it, Golden could be making his UM salary PLUS a multi-million $ stipend from FSU boosters to wreck us. Think about the turns of Lane, Rudolph, Cook last year, and SBB, Ridley, C. Davis, etc. this year, kids who LOVED the U. Do that for a few years and he's wealthy for life, and it's probably a lot more effective than paying off individual recruits if you're an FSU booster. Hmm....

(For the slow thinkers out there, no, I'm not serious).

I know you're joking, but I don't think it's too farfetched to presume that a guy who hates it here and is almost universally reviled might not really care all that much about recruiting anymore.

I've had the feeling for a long time that the guy is basically begging to be fired, so he can cash out and move on to ESPN 3 for a couple years. Had anyone actually seen the slob since the season mercifully ended?

Golden may not be intentionally sabotaging our recruiting but he's lost any spark he had when he first arrived.He knows his days here are numbered and all these recruits will be winning and losing games for another staff.

Exactly how I see it. He's not intentionally setting out to send kids to other schools. He just doesn't really give a fck about UM and who we wind up with.

He's the definition of a guy going through the motions. He's doing the bare minimum to avoid being fired for cause and losing that big buyout.

There are 11 CBs ranked inside the top 100 position rankings by 247.

We recruited and missed on Carlton Davis (Auburn), Devante Davis (Texas). Tyreke Cole (WVU) is a special case it seems bc of off field issues.

The other 8 we have ignored:

Tavarus McFadden-FSU
Rashard Causey-Undecided
Damon Arnette-SCarolina
DeAndre Baker-UGA
Sheldrick Redwine-Louisville
Rashad Fenton-Undecided
Ronnie Hoggins-USF
Desmond Cain-Illinois
Kevin Williams-WVirginia

We have 5 returning CBs. Our 2 year haul is Ryan Mayes (a camp reach) and Jackson (SEC territory w/o SEC offers).

All this a few weeks after Golden was whining that we only had 5 CBs on the roster. 4 years after we had to pick up Mike Williams from WF because we didn't have enough CBs.

Advertisement
There are 11 CBs ranked inside the top 100 position rankings by 247.

We recruited and missed on Carlton Davis (Auburn), Devante Davis (Texas). Tyreke Cole (WVU) is a special case it seems bc of off field issues.

The other 8 we have ignored:

Tavarus McFadden-FSU
Rashard Causey-Undecided
Damon Arnette-SCarolina
DeAndre Baker-UGA
Sheldrick Redwine-Louisville
Rashad Fenton-Undecided
Ronnie Hoggins-USF
Desmond Cain-Illinois
Kevin Williams-WVirginia

We have 5 returning CBs. Our 2 year haul is Ryan Mayes (a camp reach) and Jackson (SEC territory w/o SEC offers).

All this a few weeks after Golden was whining that we only had 5 CBs on the roster. 4 years after we had to pick up Mike Williams from WF because we didn't have enough CBs.

****. That's just brutal when you say it like that. Oh, wait. All you did was tell the truth! :qR12ZEhp37hu.jpg:

LULZ at the same dumb **** every year about guys getting paid off like Ohio Taint couldn't match auburn if it was a bidding war.

Some of you dopes will never get it. Muscrap and T-**** couldn't get anyone to ufayg at the end for the same reason Folden and his guys can't get anyone here--their programs were dead and they were dead men walking. Now that they're at a viable program where they can pitch making a run at a NC, Muscrap's great success as a DC, and stability with the HC, they are cleaning up.

Use your fcking empty heads and realize kids with options don't want to be associated with loser coaches at dead programs.

well wouldn't that even provide more support for the SEC pays people argument? Ohio State just finshed a stellar year, yet kids would rather break their long standing commitment (C. David) to go to a team that regressed big time last season and is in a stank a** area of alabama. you don't find that fishy at all?

Ohio Taint is in a stank *** place too. Auburn struggled to stop anyone, so what did they do? They hired the best DC in college football along with his DB coach, who had an existing relationship with the guys who are committing to him now.

I see nothing at all strange about this. Closer to home, warmer climate, SEC football, stable HC who was in the championship game a year ago, etc. If Vanderbilt was suddenly cleaning up, then that might raise some suspicion.

And if Urb thinks guys are buying away his recruits he'll be the first guy to rat them out. He won't sit there and take it like a pvssy.

actually funny you say that bc Vanderbilt was recruiting unusually well while Franklin was there. Not too mention the comlete 180 Ole Miss and Kentucky have had in recruiting the past 3 years. Not saying Ohio state doesn't pay players but as many on here and even Nevin Shapiro stated, that no one contends with the SEC for Paying players. Auburn, Alabama, and LSU being the worst offenders and now i would add Ole Miss to that list. and it's not all speculation. Cam Newton's father even went public saying that his son was going to go to the highest bidder. I'm married to a SEC country who played for Alabama athletics. You wouldn't believe the time of benefits even the scrubs get for going there.

LULZ at the same dumb **** every year about guys getting paid off like Ohio Taint couldn't match auburn if it was a bidding war.

Some of you dopes will never get it. Muscrap and T-**** couldn't get anyone to ufayg at the end for the same reason Folden and his guys can't get anyone here--their programs were dead and they were dead men walking. Now that they're at a viable program where they can pitch making a run at a NC, Muscrap's great success as a DC, and stability with the HC, they are cleaning up.

Use your fcking empty heads and realize kids with options don't want to be associated with loser coaches at dead programs.

well wouldn't that even provide more support for the SEC pays people argument? Ohio State just finshed a stellar year, yet kids would rather break their long standing commitment (C. David) to go to a team that regressed big time last season and is in a stank a** area of alabama. you don't find that fishy at all?

Ohio Taint is in a stank *** place too. Auburn struggled to stop anyone, so what did they do? They hired the best DC in college football along with his DB coach, who had an existing relationship with the guys who are committing to him now.

I see nothing at all strange about this. Closer to home, warmer climate, SEC football, stable HC who was in the championship game a year ago, etc. If Vanderbilt was suddenly cleaning up, then that might raise some suspicion.

And if Urb thinks guys are buying away his recruits he'll be the first guy to rat them out. He won't sit there and take it like a pvssy.

actually funny you say that bc Vanderbilt was recruiting unusually well while Franklin was there. Not too mention the comlete 180 Ole Miss and Kentucky have had in recruiting the past 3 years. Not saying Ohio state doesn't pay players but as many on here and even Nevin Shapiro stated, that no one contends with the SEC for Paying players. Auburn, Alabama, and LSU being the worst offenders and now i would add Ole Miss to that list. and it's not all speculation. Cam Newton's father even went public saying that his son was going to go to the highest bidder. I'm married to a SEC country who played for Alabama athletics. You wouldn't believe the time of benefits even the scrubs get for going there.

Auburn must have just started paying after they hired Muscrap and T-****. Right? Because that's when they started bagging all these top defensive players.

Advertisement
Sad thing is T-Rob will always have to attach himself to the coat tail of a white coach his entire career. Shame guys like him never get a DC or HC opportunity (maybe too early for HC), but they keep getting played making white coaches seem like geniuses when they doing the work of bringing in the talent. Don't tell me it's not true....Auburn brought in Malzhan practically out of HS coaching and no college OC experience his first stint. Malzahn brought in his boy to be OC out of HS coaching. Find me an instance where even a 3 year experienced black position coach was made an Coordinator at a FBS school. Always a reason why we ain't qualified and they are capable. **** a woman could do the job Golden is doing!

lol....all I see is a whole bunch of non-University of Miami schools making a lot of noise in the backyard of the University of Miami. Get somebody in here that can put up the freggin fence, please.

laneswing1.gif

Advertisement

Auburn must have just started paying after they hired Muscrap and T-****. Right? Because that's when they started bagging all these top defensive players.

not true. they recruited pretty well under chizik and then once he was fired they had one bad recruiting class that still had pretty good talent by our standards including 5 star carl lawson, 5 star montravious adams, and 5 star elijah daniel and also almost landed 4/5 star rueben foster that same year. trust me when i say these SEC schools clean up just fine. they get who they want and we schools like UM get the slim pickings other than the Duke Johnsons, Scott Patchans of the world who would commit regardless of what coach was here. they had a monster defensive class last year. i'm not sure why you're under the impression that they just became better with the muschamp trob hires. Auburn was stealing UF's lunch money before they got there. do your research

Last edited:
T Rob this T Rob that f him to be real, I give credit where credit is due and the guy is a good recruiter, 50 times better than Williams but he's just taking advantage of the weak coaching staff we have, get a real coach in here and T Rob wouldn't be as successful recruiting in south florida.

T Rob this T Rob that f him to be real, I give credit where credit is due and the guy is a good recruiter, 50 times better than Williams but he's just taking advantage of the weak coaching staff we have, get a real coach in here and T Rob wouldn't be as successful recruiting in south florida.

We are truly being taken advantage of b/c of this staff. All the mopers and Golden Girl Fan Club members can say it's our fan base, our fan base....blah, blah, blah...our fan base is no more rabid than Texas, Michigan, Bama, FSU, LSU, etc. The fact is, Golden and his staff are an inept bunch, period, and every program feel they can come into our back yard and grab whoever they want. Bull. Get a competent staff in here and all this poaching stops immediately.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back