Carlton Davis Will Not Sign With Ohio State

WOW, T-Rob My goodness!

Confirmed by multiple sources, 247Sports has learned that Miami (FL) Norland DB Carlton Davis will not be signing with Ohio State when National Signing Day comes around next Wednesday, and it now looks like Auburn is sitting comfortably in the driver's seat to land the 4-star prospect.

Davis took an official visit to Auburn last weekend and reports following the trip were positive for the Tigers. Gus Malzahn, Travaris Robinson, and Will Muschamp went in-home with Davis on Tuesday night, which apparently sealed the deal for Auburn, as the Davis Family has told Ohio State not to make their scheduled visit this evening.

With Davis now out of the fold, the Buckeyes will turn to Damon Arnette to take his spot in their defensive backfield class. Arnette, a product of St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale and a South Carolina commit, will make his official visit to Columbus this weekend and Urban Meyer hopes to pry him away from the Gamecocks, as well as Michigan, who is also in pursuit.

Bucknuts will have more on the visit of Arnette following this weekend.

Advertisement
according to reports. Redwine did decommit from Lousiville to sign with Auburn but when C.Davis told them he was coming. they turned down his commitment and he then denied reports were false and he is signing with Lousiville. meaning Rashard Fenton could be Gator bound.

Advertisement
T Rob got Tim Irvin, Jermiah Denson, and Carlton Davis in 2 weeks to Auburn all from S.Florida, while we got Micheal Jackson-Kerr from Alabama the state of Auburn. that's insane.

Lol at schools in Ohio and Alabama just moving up and down their lists in South Florida to round out their DB classes while we have apparently spent all season turning up our noses at solid kids while the elite kids turn us down.

Advertisement
Auburn is paying off players big time $$$$$.....ask those in the know and that is the difference.

T Rob got Tim Irvin, Jermiah Denson, and Carlton Davis in 2 weeks to Auburn all from S.Florida, while we got Micheal Jackson-Kerr from Alabama the state of Auburn. that's insane.

The real head scratcher is goldo and co werent really pursuing south florida dbs outside of davis and irvin who doesnt meet their typical height requirements. Looking bleak at db right now.

Like I said, Auburn is 100% dedicated to winning. When they had a ****** season on defense...they didn't make excuses. They fired people. and then they went and spent big time money on elite coaches/recruiters.

Auburn is the anti-Miami. Always looking to improve while we try to pinch our dollars and be as cheap as possible.

LULZ at the same dumb **** every year about guys getting paid off like Ohio Taint couldn't match auburn if it was a bidding war.

Some of you dopes will never get it. Muscrap and T-**** couldn't get anyone to ufayg at the end for the same reason Folden and his guys can't get anyone here--their programs were dead and they were dead men walking. Now that they're at a viable program where they can pitch making a run at a NC, Muscrap's great success as a DC, and stability with the HC, they are cleaning up.

Use your fcking empty heads and realize kids with options don't want to be associated with loser coaches at dead programs.

Advertisement

The real head scratcher is goldo and co werent really pursuing south florida dbs outside of davis and irvin who doesnt meet their typical height requirements. Looking bleak at db right now.

Its unreal. we had a sick DB class this year and we need about 6 DB's to only have 3 right now committed. is really sad. they put all their eggs on Lewis and he may not even be academically qualified from what the reports are saying. how could you not know that.

Lol at schools in Ohio and Alabama just moving up and down their lists in South Florida to round out their DB classes while we have apparently spent all season turning up our noses at solid kids while the elite kids turn us down.

It is truly amazing, I am still dumbfounded by this, people should lose their jobs if we leave this recruiting season and have a need for DB next season. I went to high school games this year and nearly every game had D1 DB recruits in it. I remember attending the carol city/northwestern/Norland round robin district elimination type game and each team had D1 db, heck NW is send 3/4 of their DB to D1 schools. There were atleast, ATLEAST 10 d1 DB in the immediate south florida area. You got to be kidding me we are waiting til signing day to see if we filled our needs, not this cycle. My goodness

Advertisement
LULZ at the same dumb **** every year about guys getting paid off like Ohio Taint couldn't match auburn if it was a bidding war.

Some of you dopes will never get it. Muscrap and T-**** couldn't get anyone to ufayg at the end for the same reason Folden and his guys can't get anyone here--their programs were dead and they were dead men walking. Now that they're at a viable program where they can pitch making a run at a NC, Muscrap's great success as a DC, and stability with the HC, they are cleaning up.

Use your fcking empty heads and realize kids with options don't want to be associated with loser coaches at dead programs.

Are
You being serious? The same team who has sucked balls two years in a row and pretty much had Irvin heavily looking at them at UF. The same guys who are about to take Cowart and Jefferson (who were UF leans)?

Are
You being serious? The same team who has sucked balls two years in a row and pretty much had Irvin heavily looking at them at UF. The same guys who are about to take Cowart and Jefferson (who were UF leans)?

And Ivey and Holland

Damon
Redwine
Hoggins
D davis
C davis
Fenton
Causey
Sbb
Irvin
I know theres some im forgetting but look at that list jesus. And the sad part is they never even kicked the tires on the majority of that list, never tried to get t-rob to replace williams prior to auburn i think it was said he was considering usf. Smh I cant.

Advertisement
Back