#can'twait

Pappa Shaq, I have no doubt your son will be a college AA and playing on Sundays. But I hope it doesn't have to happen this year, and that the upperclassmen (Grace, Owens and Young) step up and win the starting roles. I also hope Gordinier and Perry can at least share snaps with the TFs. That would mean the team is in great shape to win. We know the offense will do well, and I believe the DL will dominate. If the LBs can be an all-conference unit, then our thinness at DB will be much less a problem. Good luck to Shaq either way!

Advertisement
202128b72b91fe5bb1e4120cb2c2c532.jpg

Mr. Q,

We are all looking forward to seeing Shaq play. I will be very interesting to see if Shaq can beat out Juwon Young for the starting Mike spot.

Current depth chart has Young at Will and Shaq behind Gordiner at Mike last I checked

Gordinier behind Shaq

Shaq is number one already

This kid is going to bring instant success... One thing I saw at the AA game that stood out was his sideline to sideline abilty. Shaq knows how to track down the football naturally which was one of our weaknesses. IMO

Advertisement
Shaq is number one already
e
Shaqq
This kid is going to bring instant success... One thing I saw at the AA game that stood out was his sideline to sideline abilty. Shaq knows how to track down the football naturally which was one of our weaknesses. IMO

I believe Shaq will be the type of difference maker that this defense has been lacking for too long. He is poised to become the first true freshman to start at Mike since Ray Lewis if I'm not mistaken.

When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality.

Advertisement
Really glad you came back papa shaq. #can 'twait for him to give the look to a QB across the line pre snap.

How are the other guys playing? The Gordiner, Perry, McCray guys?

He says everybody is working extremely hard... no one wants to be the guy not earning his scholarship... He said he was surprised about how everyone continues to motivate each other and work together even when everyone wants to be on the field... He was expecting a rat race, back stabbing rant where everyone will do what ever it takes to get on the field.. and its been just the opposite... But still you know everybody is hungry and want to be on the field

That to me is a function of a good coach/leader who understands the psychology of group dynamics. What typically happens when you play favorites is the resentful back stabbing to unseat the favored one. Treat everyone in the group the same and equally hard and unforgiving of any lack of effort, and you rally the troops in mutual support of each other. It's like the a-hole marine drill sargent that gets in everyone's grill with his spit and the whole battalion fears his wrath. It builds unity among the company in the face of a common perceived threat, and at the same time toughens you up for the real battle.
Popovich always got on Tim Duncan, and his other stars the same as the least player on the team. I believe that is why they have had such comraderie on that team for so long. There will always be unequal talents on a team, but they are still all equal people.

Advertisement
Grace does look bigger then 205lbs. I do believe some guys are going to come into fall camp with more muscle mass. I believe spring workouts was condition base to weed out the weak and to shed some of that bad weight.
yup cuz we can all measure his weight based off this picture. Some fuggin fans will ***** about anything. Im sure you can critic the fuggin length of the gras blades or that the lines aint white enough

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back