Can't believe Georgia ******* Tech

that was pretty horrendous. if anyone wants to know how overrated he was/is as a game day and X's and O's coach, then they need to look no further than those two games.

He got taken to the woodshed against bowden and beamer too.

Advertisement
Miami should have won every game, even UF. Unfortunately, that's not a sign of how good Miami is as much as how bad the ACC is. UF is a better team with Trask at QB than Franks.

Manny’s first year has been very reminiscent of Kirby’s first year at Georgia. He barely beat Nichols State, lost to Tennessee, Vandy, and Georgia Tech and blown out by Ole Miss. He underwhelmed in a very winnable SEC East that year with no competition and they couldn’t get the offense going. We all know what happened in year 2 and beyond.

I’m not saying Manny is gonna go to the CFP and I think Georgia even made it to the championship game in year 2 but the roster is shaping up to easily make a run at 11-1 for 12-0 with our schedule and it’s possible they’re talented enough to be top 8 with a chance to upset Clemson to go to the CFP.

You always take your lumps in year 1 at a new school and especially year 1 as a brand new HC.

Advertisement
What a ****** day.
problems.jpg

1979. This is the worst loss I can think of before GT. In FAMU's defense, they won the 1-AA title the year before.

Howard talked a decent game when he came in, but we really didn't know what to expect going into that season.
OJ was the only watchable part of the '78 team and he was off to St. Louie.
After FAMU, then San Diego St the next week, we were 2-3.

Not expecting much, all I was thinking was it's going to be another ****** year.

That's the difference.
This year most of us were thinking 10 wins and the ACCCG.

Advertisement
I think you are over shooting the "solid teams" description there.

Pitt was 5-3, and had the best pass rush in country
FSU is always a tough game and we had the largest margin of victory in 20 years on the road (and we had the same record at the time.

Louisville was also a 5-3 team with a top 30 offense (might have been top 25 at the time we played them).

Both Pitt and UL are solid teams. Only trolls would argue otherwise. FSU is bad, but records don't matter. The victories aren't "impressive" but they are still wins over decent competition (FSU aside).

Howard talked a decent game when he came in, but we really didn't know what to expect going into that season.
OJ was the only watchable part of the '78 team and he was off to St. Louie.
After FAMU, then San Diego St the next week, we were 2-3.

Not expecting much, all I was thinking was it's going to be another ****** year.

That's the difference.
This year most of us were thinking 10 wins and the ACCCG.

10 wins and losing by 60 to Clemson in the ACC championship game? No thanks. Think about a recruit like Flowe who is interested in both Miami and Clemson. The coaches could make a convincing argument that Miami is close to becoming a dominant team again after beating a SEC team in the Orange Bowl in front of a huge hometown crowd.

If Miami somehow won the coastal, recruits would hold their noses after another embarrassing blowout loss to Clemson. It would show how far away we still are. Kids don't care about the ACC coastal, what matters is the last impression. If Miami is riding a 6 game win streak into 2020 including an OB victory, it will help recruiting 100x more than getting murked by Clemson on national TV. Dont be delusional and think Miami would somehow pull off a miracle upset of Clemson.

Manny’s first year has been very reminiscent of Kirby’s first year at Georgia. He barely beat Nichols State, lost to Tennessee, Vandy, and Georgia Tech and blown out by Ole Miss. He underwhelmed in a very winnable SEC East that year with no competition and they couldn’t get the offense going. We all know what happened in year 2 and beyond.

I’m not saying Manny is gonna go to the CFP and I think Georgia even made it to the championship game in year 2 but the roster is shaping up to easily make a run at 11-1 for 12-0 with our schedule and it’s possible they’re talented enough to be top 8 with a chance to upset Clemson to go to the CFP.

You always take your lumps in year 1 at a new school and especially year 1 as a brand new HC.

There are many examples of first year coaches taking their lumps, then turning it around.
I hope Manny does.
The difference between the 2 where there's no comparison is on the recruiting trail.

10 wins and losing by 60 to Clemson in the ACC championship game? No thanks. Think about a recruit like Flowe who is interested in both Miami and Clemson. The coaches could make a convincing argument that Miami is close to becoming a dominant team again after beating a SEC team in the Orange Bowl in front of a huge hometown crowd.

If Miami somehow won the coastal, recruits would hold their noses after another embarrassing blowout loss to Clemson. It would show how far away we still are. Kids don't care about the ACC coastal, what matters is the last impression. If Miami is riding a 6 game win streak into 2020 including an OB victory, it will help recruiting 100x more than getting murked by Clemson on national TV. Dont be delusional and think Miami would somehow pull off a miracle upset of Clemson.
Geez, by the time this thread has run it's course we will be losing to Clemson by triple digits.

Advertisement

Cuck alert

Don't know what your responding to.
I commented on the diff between our expectations in the beginning of the year now, compared to the Canes in '78 when we lost to FAMU.

Cuck alert

You are absolutely f#cking delusional. Being a blind idiot doesn't make you Cane Superfan #1. It just means you are a ****** living in fantasyland. Miami will get to where it needs to be soon, but if Miami played Clemson in the ACC championship game this year, the team would get embarrassed. Winning a favorable bowl matchup and going into the offseason on a 6 game win streak is much better for the program (it will be more attractive to recruits) than getting destroyed by Clemson.

You should go hang out with DBC and you guys can make podcasts together claiming that this Miami team could win the Super Bowl if it played in the NFL. Watch out for those bears.

Advertisement
I'd be interested in hearing from the gamblers on the site, but I think that we would be, at minimum 28 point underdogs.

You are absolutely f#cking delusional. Being a blind idiot doesn't make you Cane Superfan #1. It just means you are a ****** living in fantasyland. Miami will get to where it needs to be soon, but if Miami played Clemson in the ACC championship game this year, the team would get embarrassed. Winning a favorable bowl matchup and going into the offseason on a 6 game win streak is much better for the program (it will be more attractive to recruits) than getting destroyed by Clemson.

You should go hang out with DBC and you guys can make podcasts together claiming that this Miami team could win the Super Bowl if it played in the NFL. Watch out for those bears.

Buddy, you said Miami would lose by 60, but yet I’m delusional

Pitt was 5-3, and had the best pass rush in country
FSU is always a tough game and we had the largest margin of victory in 20 years on the road (and we had the same record at the time.

Louisville was also a 5-3 team with a top 30 offense (might have been top 25 at the time we played them).

Both Pitt and UL are solid teams. Only trolls would argue otherwise. FSU is bad, but records don't matter. The victories aren't "impressive" but they are still wins over decent competition (FSU aside).

So are they solid or are they decent? Sounds like you realized how dumb the original thought was.

The coastal is the much better of the two divisions this year, which is perhaps faint praise. And we beat the two best teams not named Clemson in other division. Out biggest loss is to VT with a -5 turnover ratio, because of a QB with a bum shoulder and still almost won. We are a solid team, and there's no way we're 28 points dogs against Clemson, Bama, or anyone else.

Advertisement
Back