Can't be serious.

Redstate12

Junior
If UNL $uckin V gets Dave Aranda and we are stuck with Manny for another year...Hopefully it's a cash grab from Aranda pressuring LSU for a bigger extension. Everyone claiming Manny deserves another year should pay attention to all the talented coaches being hired around the country. Head coaches and assistants. I watched Auburn snatch up Chad Morris and Georgia grab Matt Luke. Neither coach probably would have come to work for Manny but that's not the point. Teams across the country are getting better. I keep hearing there will be changes after the bowl game. Why wait? I could care less if we loose to LA Tech if it meant upgrading the staff. Texas will probably grab Graham Harrell. I wanted Manny gone. When that didn't happen I atleast expected some staff changes. If they are waiting until after the bowl game I hope there are still talented coaches left. After the Blake Baker hire I don't trust Manny to find the "Diamond in the rough" type candidates. Maybe Highsmith is announced as the new football czar and it was all worth the wait. Won't hold my breath.

Advertisement
If UNL $uckin V gets Dave Aranda and we are stuck with Manny for another year...Hopefully it's a cash grab from Aranda pressuring LSU for a bigger extension. Everyone claiming Manny deserves another year should pay attention to all the talented coaches being hired around the country. Head coaches and assistants. I watched Auburn snatch up Chad Morris and Georgia grab Matt Luke. Neither coach probably would have come to work for Manny but that's not the point. Teams across the country are getting better. I keep hearing there will be changes after the bowl game. Why wait? I could care less if we loose to LA Tech if it meant upgrading the staff. Texas will probably grab Graham Harrell. I wanted Manny gone. When that didn't happen I atleast expected some staff changes. If they are waiting until after the bowl game I hope there are still talented coaches left. After the Blake Baker hire I don't trust Manny to find the "Diamond in the rough" type candidates. Maybe Highsmith is announced as the new football czar and it was all worth the wait. Won't hold my breath.

No clue why Aranda would jump from #1 LSU to UNLV. The guy could easily bounce to a legit program in another year.

wow relax, man.

Advertisement

Welcome to the dark side..... being an apathetic Canes fan

The ability to pick the wrong choice at almost every turn is uncanny. Until the copy what the Dolphins are doing, I’ve learned to not care anymore and expect stupidity from this team at every turn

Advertisement
UNLV is his alma mater, both of his parents still teach there. I believe he met his wife at UNLV as well. I am a professor of things there. I’m professing right now. Some of this poRst is true. Actually it’s not.

Advertisement

I guess look at it this way, if this staff looks as incompetent, it’s all over next year.

Advertisement
Dave Aranda is the highest paid coordinator in college football making $2.5mill a year, he just signed a 4 year extension for $10million total last year.

He makes more than a lot of HC's in D1 ball as a DC, there would be no reason for him to leverage a small time gig like UNLV for another contract.

Either UNLV is just throwing his name out there to drum up some buzz, or he's legit looking for an opportunity to get a HC job & doesn't really care where it is.

LSU could afford to give him a pay raise if that's what he wants, but it wouldn't make sense to have a coordinator making $3mill a year when your HC is only making $4mill a year (although I'm certain Ed O is getting a big extension after the season).

Last edited:
We didn't try to pull in any candidates.
Bro my point is we hired Manny Diaz after an 8 hour search last year. If UNLV can pull Arranda this off-season that makes that move look even more incompetent. If UNLV could pull him this year after all the success this year we definately could have snatched him up last cyle. Not to mention we haven't made any staff changes.

Advertisement
Back