Caneville Clowns

Honest question not trying to stir up trouble or speak ill of Rosier...

Was that frowned upon or considered a bad thing?

I thought Rosier was establishing himself in that space??
It was one of those things that got mixed reviews. Tyler used the fact that he was working with him (minimally)the year before. Ponce who actually develops QBs wasn't fond of it. But in my opinion it was looked at by the consensus as it was just another issue in house and far more minimal than half our priorities. Clearly it was the wrong take and we should've all backed Ponce and said we're gonna keep that in house. But most QBs now have a private QB coach as well. Rosier was absolutely trying to establish himself in that space. However as we saw, in hindsight it was clearly at our expense. All I can say is, me as a top QB I'm not gonna put my future and my development in the hands of anyone as flawed as Malik rosier was a QB. That's just me.

Advertisement
Dorsey was smart, went to the right guys, but played with superior talent all around him. Dorsey and his lack of mobility was the weakness against OSU in the National Championship game. If we had a more talented QB we win handily. The one game Dorsey had pressure as an incredibly immobile QB he didn’t play well vs OSU, especially the pressure on the last play of the game in OT. Dorsey seldom got touched and could throw up a **** tent and camp out behind our OL most games. No wonder he had time to go through progressions.

Let me ask you this. How many times did Santana Miss have to wait or come back for the ball with Dorsey as QB? It is comparable to Hill with Tua. The only reason Dorsey stuck in the NFL any time at all was because he was so **** smart. Some folks just can’t admit the truth. He was carried by the superior talent all around him.

In fact, that particular game should have been the end of the pro style at Miami. We stuck with it much too long and had become so antiquated…..behind the times. The program others loved to mimic! We needed to move on and focus on spread and mobility at the position, as Urban taught all of us at UF.
You know you had some valid points (although a reach and a joke to take any credit away from Kenny. Any QB is as good or bad as the talent around him. At no point was Kenny ever a negative for us.)until you tried to urban myer and his joke of an offense as a qualifier for what an offense should look like. Cause you turned around and brought nfl into this discussion as well. Care to remind me what QB ever including that ****** pedophile shebow that URBAN ever developed who went into the NFL and had success at the position. Don't know if most people are aware but all that offense was is a gimmick. It was relatively easy to shut down AS LONG AS YOU HAD REAL TALENT MATCHING UP AGAINST SKILL POSITIONS. The only time urban ever had real success he had built a team full of studs, a murderer and a pud pulling circumcision pro. His career was built on that success and it's why he bounced around after from place to place once he wasn't able to build teams up like that again.

Advertisement
It was one of those things that got mixed reviews. Tyler used the fact that he was working with him (minimally)the year before. Ponce who actually develops QBs wasn't fond of it. But in my opinion it was looked at by the consensus as it was just another issue in house and far more minimal than half our priorities. Clearly it was the wrong take and we should've all backed Ponce and said we're gonna keep that in house. But most QBs now have a private QB coach as well. Rosier was absolutely trying to establish himself in that space. However as we saw, in hindsight it was clearly at our expense. All I can say is, me as a top QB I'm not gonna put my future and my development in the hands of anyone as flawed as Malik rosier was a QB. That's just me.
Makes perfect sense.

I have my own similar struggles. The maudes are always trying to keep me on script and I've been telling them I also work with my own private porsting corch. @RVACane and @JD08 try to contain my playmaking ability but I gotta be me ya know baby?

My private porsting corch knows that I'm a wild stallion running free in the meadow and when I do my thing, I put asses in seats, I bring eye balls to screens. I'm a brand, ya feel me!?

So I try hard to work within the CIS developmental program while at the same time not losing "who I really am".

Makes perfect sense.

I have my own similar struggles. The maudes are always trying to keep me on script and I've been telling them I also work with my own private porsting corch. @RVACane and @JD08 try to contain my playmaking ability but I gotta be me ya know baby?

My private porsting corch knows that I'm a wild stallion running free in the meadow and when I do my thing, I put asses in seats, I bring eye balls to screens. I'm a brand, ya feel me!?

So I try hard to work within the CIS developmental program while at the same time not losing "who I really am".

Perception:
la-merveille-des-merveilles.gif

Reality:
mini-pony.gif

Advertisement
Can you expand on what you mean with the statement a bit more?
What other outlet covers these kids from little league up and has relationships that go back to the very beginning of kids football journeys?

Locally you aren’t going to find a media outlet that knows these kids better. Only person that might is like a Larry Bluestein who knows everyone.

Footballville has done a phenomenal job bringing light to how different youth football is in Miami. They continue to do so. Last cycle, he posted a bunch of videos of the purple machine games when all those stars of last cycle were 10-11 years old.

To say they aren’t plugged or question their local relationships is foolish.

I’ll take a stab at it. They’re black and have the best access to the black players and their families of all the media types.
No, but nice try. See my post above. It’s not about black or white. It’s about south Florida football and bringing awareness to the greatness in the area. The only way to do that is to be in the trenches from little league.

Idk why everyone wants to make shît about race.

Advertisement
You know you had some valid points (although a reach and a joke to take any credit away from Kenny. Any QB is as good or bad as the talent around him. At no point was Kenny ever a negative for us.)until you tried to urban myer and his joke of an offense as a qualifier for what an offense should look like. Cause you turned around and brought nfl into this discussion as well. Care to remind me what QB ever including that ****** pedophile shebow that URBAN ever developed who went into the NFL and had success at the position. Don't know if most people are aware but all that offense was is a gimmick. It was relatively easy to shut down AS LONG AS YOU HAD REAL TALENT MATCHING UP AGAINST SKILL POSITIONS. The only time urban ever had real success he had built a team full of studs, a murderer and a pud pulling circumcision pro. His career was built on that success and it's why he bounced around after from place to place once he wasn't able to build teams up like that again.
He was always nothing more than a game manager. Exactly the same guy those Bama QB's were before Kiffin arrived at Bama and they changed from cave man ball. Kenny was surrounded by the absolute best talent, just like those game managers that Bama had.

There are a **** of a lot of QB's who played college football that would have done very well and had great stats surrounded by the talent Ken was surrounded by. QB's like Kelly, Kosar, Testeverde, Torretta and maybe even Kaaya would have held all time NCAA records behind that OL with all of those weapons and an eternity to throw the ball.

Once again, Santana waited or had to come back to balls thrown by Dorsey fairly frequently. Most QB's in college football never had such an advantage of never getting touched or even pressured and having an eternity to throw the ball. Others would have done more. I know it isn't popular to say it but it is the truth.

Last edited:
A lot of people knew the way the 10 win season ended that teams had caught up to Rosier. It was clear that if he returned as starter the following year that the team would fall off and it cost Richt and staff dearly. Of course that was before Richt knew about his condition as well.

Advertisement
Makes perfect sense.

i am sincerely moved by your kinds words about me.

He was always nothing more than a game manager. Exactly the same guy those Bama QB's were before Kiffin arrived at Bama and they changed from cave man ball. Kenny was surrounded by the absolute best talent, just like those game managers that Bama had.

Once again, Santana waited or had to come back to balls thrown by Dorsey fairly frequently. Most QB's in college football never had such an advantage of never getting touched or even pressured and having an eternity to throw the ball. Others would have done more. I know it isn't popular to say it but it is the truth.
Imagine over 20 years later still sitting here trying to put down the last QB we had actually go to New York

I hate fans like you

You used the term “to the real”. My interpretation was reasonable and likely @westcoastcanes interpretation but that’s fine. I just wanted to try to interpret what I’m seeing there and in this interesting thread
Maybe I should’ve you used a different word but I feel like real is prudent. If you have been following Footballville since the beginning they would probably use the same word, “real” to describe Miami youth and Hs football.

Real means, coverage without fluff shǐt. Games showing parents yelling and screaming. Interviews with kids where they can be their authentic self. Miami football on full display.

People will always have a preference for what they follow. It’s wild to me how canes fans segment each other and want to discredit or put others down because they have a different perspective.

People at footballville and Caneville do great work in the community and they happen to be black men covering a sport in which the majority of the players at highest level are black. That comes with advantages and disadvantages.

@Brooklyndee ....if they saw Kenny eat up an Elite secondary on Greentree like you & myself did summer of 99....they'd understand.

Advertisement
Back