Caneville Clowns

I meant panned out as far as the QB group that I mentioned. Panned out to me means more than "starting", h e l l, Kyle Wright "started", and He was absolute garbage. My personal definition of panned out means consistently leading your team to 10 wins, Conference Championships, NY6 Bowl games, and/or the CFP. Rosier was the only one to accomplish some of aformentioned goals. And Rosier panned out me, He was hamstrung by a HC/OC that was running an outdated offense. In summary, recruiting the QB position in College is a crap shoot, including the QBs not named Ward on the roster.
Bro, Rosier was dog**** lol. I'd take Emory AND Jacurri 100/100 times over Rosier.

Advertisement
Malik was pretty good in 17. Had some rough moments but he lead the team in a way Emory or Jacurri probably will never hope to.
I couldn't disagree more. I really disliked Rosier at the time. And I think him coaching guys on our team is a complete joke. Wasn't someone saying Jacurri tried to get Rosier to coach him which is what the staff said **** nah to (and that was what Canesville took as staff not wanting him to have his own qb coach).

Advertisement
Jacurri made a decent throw or two, during his career here...but when you don't progress, you fall behind. The athletic can only take you so far. Emory is definitely a better QB than JB. He has no fear of the pocket, you can tell that he's just waiting for that chance to keas the teak again.

Wherever JB lands he'll probably help, but I'd really be interested to see if he gets his completion percentage up. He has to learn to read progression, consistently, and be comfortable in a pocket without just tucking and running. This is D1 football, not high school.

We lost the OSU game cause of what???? Like really???? .....
As much as it pains me to post this I give you the reason we lost AND FOR THAT MATTER....The only reason we lost... 2 tough teams fought for a title and he who shall remain nameless wanted to be a freaking Hero.....
View attachment 287173
Are you ever supposed to put the game in the refs hands? We already know how that works out for the Canes!

The game should have never been that close. There was only one limitation with 38 draft picks on the team. It is not a popular belief based on how many games we won with Dorsey at the helm, but we were already overcoming an antiquated OC with overwhelming talent other than the QB position. Once upon a time we could overwhelm the competition with talent and that changed quickly as every program mimicked us then bypassed us as if we were standing still. Bama overcame most opponents with talent for years until they went to another level when Kiffin convinced Saban to make some changes offensively. Then they went to a ever higher level.

Advertisement
Dorsey was smart, went to the right guys, but played with superior talent all around him. Dorsey and his lack of mobility was the weakness against OSU in the National Championship game. If we had a more talented QB we win handily. The one game Dorsey had pressure as an incredibly immobile QB he didn’t play well vs OSU, especially the pressure on the last play of the game in OT. Dorsey seldom got touched and could throw up a **** tent and camp out behind our OL most games. No wonder he had time to go through progressions.

Let me ask you this. How many times did Santana Miss have to wait or come back for the ball with Dorsey as QB? It is comparable to Hill with Tua. The only reason Dorsey stuck in the NFL any time at all was because he was so **** smart. Some folks just can’t admit the truth. He was carried by the superior talent all around him.

In fact, that particular game should have been the end of the pro style at Miami. We stuck with it much too long and had become so antiquated…..behind the times. The program others loved to mimic! We needed to move on and focus on spread and mobility at the position, as Urban taught all of us at UF.
Fax

Been saying that about Dorsey for ages but he’s someone u can’t say anything bad about lol. But if a bama qb benefits from talent and he’s not wearing a cane jersey he’s trash lol

Our Defense won us a lot of games in 2017. Look I'm not a Comp% guy, but 54% is dog****. And he had 3 NFL RBs, and like 5 NFL receivers...
People here were amazed that we were undefeated facing ND. The consensus was that Rosier was awful.

This might be a portal QB situation for 7 more seasons. Let someone else "develop" the QB and just pay them a few mil to come in and don't eff them up.

Ha! If that's your suggestion, you're entitled to it. I think Nickel will be pretty good, and we could improve "development" tomorrow if we just hired a QB whisperer. So I'm not ready to predict "7 more seasons" quite yet.

And regardless of whether every HS QB becomes a Heisman winner, it does seem to be important in the recruitment of other HS offense-side players. A HS WR recruit can't just say "yeah, I love Cam" when Cam will be gone in a year.

I understand your pessimism and/or belief in the Portal, but I don't think that's the ultimate and/or correct answer. Just my 2 cents.

Advertisement
Are you ever supposed to put the game in the refs hands? We already know how that works out for the Canes!

The game should have never been that close. There was only one limitation with 38 draft picks on the team. It is not a popular belief based on how many games we won with Dorsey at the helm, but we were already overcoming an antiquated OC with overwhelming talent other than the QB position. Once upon a time we could overwhelm the competition with talent and that changed quickly as every program mimicked us then bypassed us as if we were standing still. Bama overcame most opponents with talent for years until they went to another level when Kiffin convinced Saban to make some changes offensively. Then they went to a ever higher level.
We didn't put the game in the refs hands , the ref did when he grabbed the flag with said hands...

Come on, that's not a bet, you're only risking 10 bucks...
trading-places.gif

I was gonna go there and I thought to myself they'd have to realize that wouldn't they. Lol.
Honest question not trying to stir up trouble or speak ill of Rosier...

Was that frowned upon or considered a bad thing?

I thought Rosier was establishing himself in that space??

Advertisement
Ha! If that's your suggestion, you're entitled to it. I think Nickel will be pretty good, and we could improve "development" tomorrow if we just hired a QB whisperer. So I'm not ready to predict "7 more seasons" quite yet.

And regardless of whether every HS QB becomes a Heisman winner, it does seem to be important in the recruitment of other HS offense-side players. A HS WR recruit can't just say "yeah, I love Cam" when Cam will be gone in a year.

I understand your pessimism and/or belief in the Portal, but I don't think that's the ultimate and/or correct answer. Just my 2 cents.
So far Mario has hired a WR coach as OC and some Sun Belt QB coach and now Dana’s TE coach to work with QBs.

There’s been no develop of a QB in 2 years and the portal bringeth much like it did after Herbert (he didn’t sign him) at Oregon.

Maybe he’s just that guy?

Dorsey was smart, went to the right guys, but played with superior talent all around him. Dorsey and his lack of mobility was the weakness against OSU in the National Championship game. If we had a more talented QB we win handily. The one game Dorsey had pressure as an incredibly immobile QB he didn’t play well vs OSU, especially the pressure on the last play of the game in OT. Dorsey seldom got touched and could throw up a **** tent and camp out behind our OL most games. No wonder he had time to go through progressions.

Let me ask you this. How many times did Santana Miss have to wait or come back for the ball with Dorsey as QB? It is comparable to Hill with Tua. The only reason Dorsey stuck in the NFL any time at all was because he was so **** smart. Some folks just can’t admit the truth. He was carried by the superior talent all around him.

In fact, that particular game should have been the end of the pro style at Miami. We stuck with it much too long and had become so antiquated…..behind the times. The program others loved to mimic! We needed to move on and focus on spread and mobility at the position, as Urban taught all of us at UF.
All the kid did was win and now people like you wanna throw shade and slurp some gator while you're at it.

Never surprises me.

Toxic AF

Advertisement
Back