Caneville Clowns

So let me get this straight. This moron, and morons on this board, are saying that Mario would rather lose than have a black backup QB, for the black QB1? Are y'all fuggin kidding me?? "Hey Coach, Cam just went down, we need to put Jacurri in or we lose. Nah, **** that, we need to play a white guy" JFC

Advertisement
This is the worst part. I've always known JB to be nothing but absolute class and a great teammate. This dude pining for him, and I know he can't control this guy, does place a bit of negativity around him even though he has nothing to do with it. Just not really what I've come to expect from everything I've seen and heard from JB as a person.

As far as play on the field goes, Emory was the back up all year and JB was 3rd string or redshirting or whatever. He got the start in the bowl game because TVD was in the portal and Emory broke his arm. Now, we have a bonified NFL prospect and CFB star in Ward AND a game-experienced I-AA vet in Poff on the roster, along with Emory (the guy who was already ahead of him pre injury) back healthy. Why would anyone have expected JB to be higher on the depth chart? It seems pretty cut and dry.
THIS 👆
As they say, Common Sense is like deodorant, the people who need it most never use it...
Great Post...

I agree, this is not about race. I don’t think it’s ever been.

Brown has been here three years and hasn’t progressed much. Under fire, his mechanics regress to the point he’s unplayable.

That’s why he’s slid down the depth chart so fast. It’s not a race thing like you said.

He’s not performing in practice and now there’s two guys better than him on the depth chart.
Except the author has always been about race for the last 15+ years. That's all he's ever pushed so to say it is not is simply wrong.

People think they're using cute "elevated" inception level 9 language when they're really more transparent than anyone else.

It is what it is

Let's be honest if Emory or Jacurri end up playing the season is OVER.

Id guess he is a 4.7 40 type honestly or mid 4.6..

That being said there ia nothing Emory williams showed me tbat said he is better than him in games
in the clemson game emory had some throws in second half to colby young that i'm not sure jacurri could complete ...
the ball placement on the first td to george in the fsu game was beautiful, he dropped it in a bucket ... and finally the ball he threw to george to bring the fsu game back to a one score game was flawless

in the bowl game, brown showed small signs, but if they're close to even, you gotta go with the young guy

Advertisement
They aren’t race hustling lol to say you prefer an athletic QB to Emory is fair. To say you thought JB was better than Emory in the games we saw last year is also fair.

They aren’t losing credentials. They know all the south Florida kids and their parents. They are the closest outlet to the real in S Florida. Whether you like them or not.
Yea he is projecting. The whole thread is the original and true definition of “race-baiting”. Before it was morphed into its new meaning: any action a black person *supposedly* is taking to challenge or call out anti-black racism, white supremacy, or white privilege. I call them “alley-op threads” catch the race inferred/suggestive lob and dunk it with more covert race inspired code language. Passive-aggression.

I watch Locked On Canes and some Canesville content. Streeter is just as corny and goofy as Donno is. Just as opportunistic as Donno and LOC is. Just as irritating as Donno when he elongates words in his ad slots that last a good 20 minutes of each show or how obnoxious his “welcome to the uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu” is 😂. The difference is that I’m not going to make an “alley-op” thread about it. LOC loves and hypes Judd Anderson, Emory Williams and now it’s Cole McConathy. They don’t diss or exclude black players from shine though.

One black media outlet making sure race isn’t playing a role or even discussing it means they need their credentials revoked. That’s wild. Do yall know how many threads there would be if we actually called out the racial bias and insinuations made in sports media alone everyday. Dudes can’t tolerate one outlet dissenting on one topic, and that is the by product and proof of privilege.

The thing is everyone has a preference for what they want at certain positions. Caneville, Flo and even David Lake at 247 have all been consistent in saying they can’t understand how Mario and staff would choose Emory over JB. Are they crazy, absolutely not. If multiple people of all races are saying Emory is being over hyped then there could be truth to it.

It comes down to scheme fit. What Dawson and Mario want to do here versus Qb strengths.

We won’t know who’s right or who’s wrong until JB transfers and plays or doesn’t play elsewhere.

Me personally, I’ve always wanted to see JB in his final form. He has what I would want in a QB and I can see that he could be a monster as a RS junior or RS senior. But this isn’t NCAA, I can’t just change my playbook to Gus Malzahn in the offseason lol.

There are many layers to this but ultimately the inevitable is around the corner. JB will not be here much longer and we will all find out the truth. Some people will be right and some will look like idiots.
He had all the 1st team reps for bowl season - almost a month of 1st team reps with his OC….and he had a mid game vs a 6-6 Rutgers football team.

I think Jacurri can be an average to above average P4 caliber QB but not until his Sr and RS Sr seasons - AND he’d need to be with his OC for at least 2 seasons.

Some guys just take longer to develop

Just wait , if my nephew signs with Miami I’m going to be insufferable , and be like oooooo rumorrrr is ….. sign up for my new pod cast and slap that like button to find out

If your nephew joins the team you'll be like Shaq's dad or Elijah Roberts' mom. Start posting all excited out the gate, then read the nastygrams by these fvckng ah0les on here, and never post again.

I'm not discrediting you. You're just relaying what you hear.

But remember, the media-viewing portion of practice is very short.
I listen to several podcasters and media regarding U. of Miami football and UM sports in general. What I posted previously is what I've listened to from several people who attend the practices. I realize everyone are amateurs and most of the credentialed media are writers not football analysts.

So, here's a few snippets from podcasts in the last 48 hours. They are discussing the backup QB situation. They refer to the last 2 scrimmages by all accounts they attended. Basically, they are saying what I have listened to from other podcasters over the past several weeks. I didn't want to waste time going back digging the other podcasts. These are fresh.

For context, X and FLo attend the scrimmages and practices. Flo did play QB in college. He watches film and is able to break down what he sees. They both have a close ear to the team because of their grassroots with local players. They have said, the players see what they are seeing as well.

In this first one, you have X from Caneville, with Steve Kim, and there's some guy that sounds like his name is Dave that attended the scrimmages. There's a question and comment from a fan which should not be confused with X, Dave, and, Steve Kim's comments. Steve comments about 9-10 minutes into discussion where I clipped it.

I believe all of these guys are just Miami Hurricanes fans at heart and are giving their honest assessments.

Summarizing Podcast #1 Caneville:
X - Thinks the QB situation is close with Reese, Emory, and Jaccuri. Says, whoever plays better in the Spring game should be QB 2.

Dave - Says he likes Jaccuri, but Reese is good and has outplayed him.

Steve Kim - Says he doesn't think Jaccuri is a fit for the offense and should transfer to a school where his skillset can shine.

X and Dave - Both say Emory hasn't played well and is the clear #4. X kind of contradicts his comment of it being a fairly even competition.

Summarizing Podcast #2 Miami Flo:
Flo - Says Reese is the clear backup. Says Emory and Reese taking all the #2 snaps is sending a message to Jaccuri he's being pushed out as FLo says Emory has not played well most of the Spring and Jaccuri is not behind Emory from what he has seen. He thinks there are "shenanigans' going on. He said, "Anybody that knows football can't say Emory's had a better Spring than Jacurri."

These takes are what I have heard over the past few weeks from others. This points back to my original comments of opposing assessments of the QB room from several media who have attended practices and scrimmages.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Canesville is creating division and drama that even Jacurri probably doesn't want.

He's gonna end up forcing Jacurri to have to leave.

If Jacurri was fighting for QB1 or MAYBE even QB2, then I could see it being worth raising the issue. But we're talking about QB3 vs QB4?

Not worth it.

Here's what's going to happen..Mario is gonna sit down with Jacurri and ask him if Canesville represents how he feels. If he says yes, he'll be asked to move on. If he says no, then he'll be told he needs to get Canesville to shut down their narrative.

Either way it's not a fair position to put him in and it's shortsighted of them. The very BEST case scenario for Canesville is Mario acknowledges them and then moves Jacurri to QB3. Ok. Now what? What have they accomplished?

Shortsighted.

I listen to several podcasters and media regarding U. of Miami football and UM sports in general. What I posted previously is what I've listened to from several people who attend the practices. I realize everyone are amateurs and most of the credentialed media are writers not football analysts.

So, here's a few snippets from podcasts in the last 48 hours. They are discussing the backup QB situation. They refer to the last 2 scrimmages by all accounts they attended. Basically, they are saying what I have listened to from other podcasters over the past several weeks. I didn't want to waste time going back digging the other podcasts. These are fresh.

For context, X and FLo attend the scrimmages and practices. Flo did play QB in college. He watches film and is able to break down what he sees. They both have a close ear to the team because of their grassroots with local players. They have said, the players see what they are seeing as well.

In this first one, you have X from Caneville, with Steve Kim, and there's some guy that sounds like his name is Dave that attended the scrimmages. There's a question and comment from a fan which should not be confused with X, Dave, and, Steve Kim's comments. Steve comments about 9-10 minutes into discussion where I clipped it.

I believe all of these guys are just Miami Hurricanes fans at heart and are giving their honest assessments.

Summarizing Podcast #1 Caneville:
X - Thinks the QB situation is close with Reese, Emory, and Jaccuri. Says, whoever plays better in the Spring game should be QB 2.

Dave - Says he likes Jaccuri, but Reese is good and has outplayed him.

Steve Kim - Says he doesn't think Jaccuri is a fit for the offense and should transfer to a school where his skillset can shine.

X and Dave - Both say Emory hasn't played well and is the clear #4. X kind of contradicts his comment of it being a fairly even competition.

Summarizing Podcast #2 Miami Flo:
Flo - Says Reese is the clear backup. Says Emory and Reese taking all the #2 snaps is sending a message to Jaccuri he's being pushed out as FLo says Emory has not played well most of the Spring and Jaccuri is not behind Emory from what he has seen. He thinks there are "shenanigans' going on. He said, "Anybody that knows football can't say Emory's had a better Spring that Jacurri."

These takes are what I have heard over the past few weeks from others. This points back to my original comments of opposing assessments of the QB room from several media who have attended practices and scrimmages.

And safe to say that most likely none of them got to stay for the full practices every practice and scrimmage (even if a few got to stay longer than Ferman which i know is true or stayed for a full practice here or there) so it’s at least not complete.

Players on the other hand have a more full view but if they aren’t with the QB’s in all the drills that’s not complete either.

Look, I don’t know that the coaches are right or wrong. I also have no issue with the discussion of who is where on the depth chart, especially because it will impact transfer portal conversations. My issue is with them acting like they were only asking a legitimate question without the context of how they have been discussing things previously, and for the better part of the last decade, which changes the underpinnings of the question when it’s coming from them in the specific case. And Luke tagging into the conversation is essentially all the proof you need.

Last edited:
And safe to say that most likely none of them got to stay for the full practices every practice and scrimmage (even if a few got to stay longer than Ferman which i know is true or stayed for a full practice here or there) so it’s at least not complete.

Players on the other hand have a more full view but if they aren’t with the QB’s in all the drills that’s not complete either.

Look, I don’t know that the coaches are right or wrong. I also have no issue with the discussion of who is where on the depth chart, especially because it will impact transfer portal conversations. My issue is with them acting like they were only asking a legitimate question without the context of how they have been discussing things previously, and for the better part of the last decade, which changes the underpinnings of the question when it’s coming from them in the specific case. And Luke tagging into the conversation is essentially all the proof you need.
Flo stays for whole practices and scrimmages. He also has access inside Hecht.

He always makes sure he clarifies what is HIS opinion.

Advertisement
Their fanboys are saying/implying some wild stuff on Twatter
First time visiting AmeriQa?
Spanish What GIF

Flo stays for whole practices and scrimmages. He also has access inside Hecht.
What part of me saying “every” practice wasn’t clear though? I know he does. I also know he hasn’t been to all 14 practices for the full time for full analysis or to every practice. This is not a shot at him or what he has observed during his time there Or what he is hearing from players. He also hasn’t spent every minute at practice only watching QB’s drills or having the film after like coaches do. I think he’s great personally. Not saying anyone’s wrong but I I think it’s interesting to give more Benefit of the doubt to those with partial views than the pros paid to do this with full access. Can they be wrong? Of course - but my point wasn’t even that. It was about caneville agenda underlying a valid question

What part of me saying “every” practice wasn’t clear though? I know he does. I also know he hasn’t been to all 14 practices for the full time for full analysis or to every practice. This is not a shot at him or what he has observed during his time there Or what he is hearing from players. He also hasn’t spent every minute at practice only watching QB’s drills or having the film after like coaches do. I think he’s great personally. Not saying anyone’s wrong but I I think it’s interesting to give more Benefit of the doubt to those with partial views than the pros paid to do this with full access. Can they be wrong? Of course - but my point wasn’t even that. It was about caneville agenda underlying a valid question
You don’t get it. Flo is Miami football. He knows all and Mario better get on board or hit the bricks. We won’t tolerate a racist head coach who only shows his racism when deciding between 2/3/4 string.

Advertisement
You don’t get it. Flo is Miami football. He knows all and Mario better get on board or hit the bricks. We won’t tolerate a racist head coach who only shows his racism when deciding between 2/3/4 string.
Not at all what I think or mean and I don’t think he thinks he is. Was only responding to comments about him or caneville crews access to practice. I’m not here to hate on flo or misdirect this thread even if he has separate/related concerns on some level to caneville in this case- JB status- but it doesn’t have racial tinge to me from him, more about on field play perspective which is fine and if that is being used to help push him out. Fundamentally different to me from caneville. Luv ya but we aren’t on same page on that aspect.

So let me get this straight. This moron, and morons on this board, are saying that Mario would rather lose than have a black backup QB, for the black QB1? Are y'all fuggin kidding me?? "Hey Coach, Cam just went down, we need to put Jacurri in or we lose. Nah, **** that, we need to play a white guy" JFC
Mario is so racist against black QBs he has a starting black qb. Make it make sense

Advertisement
Back