Caneville Clowns

I’ll just say this and move on.

He’s a great kid.

The people who surround and advise him are solid, but are admittedly biased.

He’s bad in practice.

He’s worse in scrimmages and we’ve all seen the games.

Three years in and his mechanics have only marginally improved.

He’s an NFL-level athlete. He should focus on getting $. I don’t know what other position he can play, but I know it’s not QB.
Home Run Sport GIF by MLB

Beautifully said.

Advertisement
How many former jumbo athlete QBs have moved to TE, even late in their college careers and get a shot in the pros. A few or more. They move to other positions, too (forget the players name off the top of my head, but a recent former QB ended up playing Mike for a team and played really well).

Jacurri should use what God gave him and try and make a real go at football other than at QB. He could transfer down and play, but I can not imagine my dude going pro in football as of his development at this time.
Chazz Surratt for UNC, was drafted by Vikings in the third but hasn’t done much in NFL

… I still don’t get why everyone claims Jacurri is a 4.4 athlete. Like can anyone explain that to me? Is that close to accurate? Cause I have seen nothing on tape that even remotely suggests that. Dude has legit 4ypc. Sure it is a limited sample size, but given he isn’t accurate or a developed passer yet, you would think he’d have actually shown some high level play making ability on the ground given the level some people are riding for him… but I’ve never seen such a difference in perception vs actual reality. Yeah dude is built like Cam and Anthony Richardson, But that is where the similarities end.

If he really were a 4.4 guy, he’d already have switched to wr imo.

Also most importantly if I were the HC the ONLY way I’d be interpreting media members like this going so hard on this is literally if that player was *****ing to the media about it. So when Caneville and U cle Luke are saying Jacurri isn’t getting a real opportunity to compete and that he was “lied to about being the future”…that to me would be interpreted as Jacurri leaking that to the media, which would lead me to give him even less reps. It’s worse than a player having a parent contact the coaches…

Even if Jacirri wanted to stay here, this is the type of thing that forces him out. All cause a reporter is getting all emotional about 3rd vs 4th string battle in spring.
For all the raving about how he doesn’t show you how good he is in practice because he’s not allowed to use his legs is a joke. Didn’t do anything spectacular since he’s been here with his legs.

Advertisement
Sounds like Caneville's, and other like-minded individuals, gripe is because Jacurri was "promised" a competition with whomever was brought in and now he is seemingly battling for #3 with Emory.

A few things-- JB never separated himself from Emory last year so this "he looked better in the bowl game so he's the superior QB" sh*t is hilarious. Even so, neither JB or Emory have as much experience but Jacurri should automatically be #2 because there is no way this short FCS All American could be better than the second coming of Cam Newton? I also keep seeing this "narrative" that Mario is trying to push; anybody wanna fill me in on that?

Its a shame that Jacurri's character is being questioned because of this guy.
This is the worst part. I've always known JB to be nothing but absolute class and a great teammate. This dude pining for him, and I know he can't control this guy, does place a bit of negativity around him even though he has nothing to do with it. Just not really what I've come to expect from everything I've seen and heard from JB as a person.

As far as play on the field goes, Emory was the back up all year and JB was 3rd string or redshirting or whatever. He got the start in the bowl game because TVD was in the portal and Emory broke his arm. Now, we have a bonified NFL prospect and CFB star in Ward AND a game-experienced I-AA vet in Poff on the roster, along with Emory (the guy who was already ahead of him pre injury) back healthy. Why would anyone have expected JB to be higher on the depth chart? It seems pretty cut and dry.

Well one thing is for **** sure now. Jacurri definitely transferring out after spring. It's gotten toxic and likely in both parties best interest he move on.

Canesville has the streets ear especially Streeter. Mario isn’t crazy. He’s probably been wanting to pull there credentials but someone told him who’s tapped in that he can’t. Bad optics. Now I know many of you wont believe that, but its true. Street cats who like the Canes dont listen to Locked on Canes or even CIS. I was at a bbq around the way the other day and was talking Canes talk and was telling them the rumors I knew from CIS and Dmoney and nobody knew who I was talking about. They were all tapped into Canesville and Streeter. Proceed to downvote me and call me crazy.
No other outlet is closer to the actual kids than Canesville. They are from around the way and have been connected to the parents and family of many of these kids for years. He started his company to help the kids in the community...he has known them from pop Warner and up. You may not like the way he speaks and moves but Caneville is for the kids and the community. I don't mind how he moves. He is also one of the only media ppl out here with real credible info and back stories.

Advertisement
Suck is harsh but they are FAR behind Poff.

It's wild to me that people who were propping up Emory did so despite him consistently throwing the ball without the laces (which is nuts to me), average arm, and is a statue. Nice guy, good character but he's either a 3rd string here or is better suited to go elsewhere.

Learn something ..... and by the way, bad QB's, like I don't know, Patrick Mahomes and Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rogers are not laces throwers either. If you're going to dog a player, at least know what you're talking about. I coach QB's that are laces throwers and those that aren't. It makes little difference.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 11.16.03 AM.png

Last edited:
So why wouldnt you want him to get an outside QB coach to work with to help him get better? The coaches can only spend so much time with the players right?!? Kids do this all the time.
Doesn't that depend on WHO the QB coach is?

We all saw the work Rosier put in with TVD and how that worked out.

No other outlet is closer to the actual kids than Canesville. They are from around the way and have been connected to the parents and family of many of these kids for years. He started his company to help the kids in the community...he has known them from pop Warner and up. You may not like the way he speaks and moves but Caneville is for the kids and the community. I don't mind how he moves. He is also one of the only media ppl out here with real credible info and back stories.

Thank you Mrs. Streeter.

Advertisement
This morning:

"Good answer, we believe he is better then everyone accept Cam. Its hard for fans to believe the staff could be wrong. But they could. You watch them be wrong all year last year with TVD. You watched them not take a knee. You watched them start Emory and him go 8-23 and Jacurri is better. So yes they can be wrong. We believe their wrong again."

He didn’t imply it was a race thing i was in that space idk why yall keep trying to put that in this. He said we have had jacurri here and he looked better than emory in games after barely getting practice reps all year.

He said when did the qb battle happen to have jacurri automatically at qb4 entering spring? He said that didn’t make sense from what we saw in the games. And with poff he’s saying we have seen jacurri at least play at this level and show good enough signs for it to at least be a competition..

None of that is race related its just his opinion lol everyone can disagree but people just bashing or saying its race is just a cop out because it goes against what mario wants to push

And i agree, we got cam ward im not worried about qb3 or 4 but i just hope this isn’t a sign that favoritism is in play with decisions here
I kind of misspoke. I should not have said “implied” and should ba e worded it another way. But from what/how Streeter made his comment, the response from one of the guys in the space was “I guess Cam Ward isn’t black”.

Advertisement
I literally told the Caneville people I thought the tweet and the comments today were unnecessary. They didn’t say anything about race. Coach coop made it about race. They genuinely believe that Jacurri is better than Emory and based on the bowl game he should’ve had more opportunities.

They are also privy to information that happened during the season that rubbed them the wrong way about how the coaches handled JB. For example, they were told the coaches told JB they didn’t want him to get an outside QB coach last summer. That in itself is insane. There were multiple things that they have brought up where if they are true, would make it seem like our coaches are either idiots, liars, or just flat out do not mess with JB.

For them it’s a compounding effect. Where they feel this kid is being mistreated. Who am I or anyone else on this board to say if it’s true or not. There are three sides to every story.

Bringing it up today was just being petty. This has been building up for some time. The unfortunate part of today’s CFB is that you build relationships with some players but odds are that person especially if it’s a quarterback, will probably transfer at some point. You can’t fight every battle. There’s too much positivity to lie on this hill. JB has to go somewhere else and prove people right or wrong it’s that simple.

I know for a fact that is not correct. based on: (a) conversations with one of the private QB coaches that was contacted about the prospect, and (b) that some of the conversations about the this with at least one private QB coach came from inside the Hecht.

CF coaches want as many kids as possible to access private coaches if they can, because the time they can spend is greater than that of the staff.

what you are referring to, is one of the names considered last year is an absolute joke. THAT was the full substance of the discussion, not that JB shouldn't take extra measures to improve.

This morning:

"Good answer, we believe he is better then everyone accept Cam. Its hard for fans to believe the staff could be wrong. But they could. You watch them be wrong all year last year with TVD. You watched them not take a knee. You watched them start Emory and him go 8-23 and Jacurri is better. So yes they can be wrong. We believe their wrong again."
Guy is pure AIDS. He’s 3rd on the depth chart at best.

I know for a fact that is not correct. based on: (a) conversations with one of the private QB coaches that was contacted about the prospect, and (b) that some of the conversations about the this with at least one private QB coach came from inside the Hecht.

CF coaches want as many kids as possible to access private coaches if they can, because the time they can spend is greater than that of the staff.

what you are referring to, is one of the names considered last year is an absolute joke. THAT was the full substance of the discussion, not that JB shouldn't take extra measures to improve.
This just seams like obvious to me.
A CFB staff would only say no to a particular qb coach they don’t think would help his development ,not rejecting having a qb coach in general.

But once again why wouldn’t Mario take this as a disgruntled player leaking stuff to the press? Like this is a real bad look for Jacurri imo

Advertisement
Back