CanesInSight Podcast: Cam Ward to Miami

Advertisement
chris tucker smokey GIF

So trying to recap this:

We had a group of QB identified and aggressively pursued from the beginning with Cam being #1

Despite Cam being #1 we would have taken any one of them that wanted to get the process over quickly (so not to drag this out and delay the other moving pieces like a WR)

Cam gives indications that we are his #1 and he is ours

We lose our chances at a few guys (exactly what we tried not to do) and Cam starts leveraging

We in turn start floating some names back to show him he doesn’t hold all the cards

No one blinks

Cam declares for the NFL, the final card in his deck

We sign Reese and target Taulia

Cam says well played let’s ****

@DMoney you are vindicated. Swing and a miss, swing and a miss, 0-2 count, and Mario hit a grand slam.

NGL I was starting to get excited about Taulia. But Cam is the guy the coaches always wanted and he is clearly risic talented. Let’s roll!

We need a WR1 now. Daniels works. Bond works. I still think we need a S1 and CB1 too. Do whatever is needed. Then we‘re on our way to the ACCCG.

@DMoney you are vindicated. Swing and a miss, swing and a miss, 0-2 count, and Mario hit a grand slam.

NGL I was starting to get excited about Taulia. But Cam is the guy the coaches always wanted and he is clearly risic talented. Let’s roll!

We need a WR1 now. Daniels works. Bond works. I still think we need a CB1 too. Do whatever is needed. Then we‘re on our way to the ACCCG.
Just need a WR1, Starting Safety, CB2 and a 1 for 1 improvement swap of RB, DT and TE and we improved the roster to ACC championship level

Advertisement
Just need a WR1, Starting Safety, CB2 and a 1 for 1 improvement swap of RB, DT and TE and we improved the roster to ACC championship level
Does anyone know why 19 didn’t start at safety in the bowl game. Started for Kam when he was out and was first off the bench all year

So trying to recap this:

We had a group of QB identified and aggressively pursued from the beginning with Cam being #1

Despite Cam being #1 we would have taken any one of them that wanted to get the process over quickly (so not to drag this out and delay the other moving pieces like a WR)

Cam gives indications that we are his #1 and he is ours

We lose our chances at a few guys (exactly what we tried not to do) and Cam starts leveraging

We in turn start floating some names back to show him he doesn’t hold all the cards

No one blinks

Cam declares for the NFL, the final card in his deck

We sign Reese and target Taulia

Cam says well played let’s ****
I was literally telling my buddy this earlier today that I think cam was playing the game trying to get more and both sides dug in. I really think Rogers going back in the portal may have an impact as Mario probably said something along the lines of take the offer we're giving or we're pursuing rogers. No way cam should have left that money on the table with the current nfl draft grade he has in a deep qb class.

I just wish cam didn't play the game and I think we'd have have been able to pull a stud wr.

Advertisement

We need a WR1 now. Daniels works. Bond works. I still think we need a S1 and CB1 too. Do whatever is needed. Then we‘re on our way to the ACCCG.

Agreed WR, S, CB have to be upgraded. Wouldn’t mind seeing a RB if they are a #1 guy

@DMoney describing the ops “FL’s a second rate, sub 500 program..” “their NIL payments bouncing”, “FSU has to rebuild the house, now under NIL sanctions” 😍

Advertisement
This was the recap I waited for last night and you guys didn't disappoint, even at 12:30 am EST

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back