CanesInSight National Signing Day Hub

View as article
Check your facts. The bottom line is, Golden wasn't that horrible of a recruiter in his first full class (2012). He had a top 10-11 class. He signed Tracy Howard, Malcolm Lewis, Tyriq McCord, Duke Johnson, Deon Bush, Ereck Flowers, and Preston Dewey. All of those names were rated four stars or better by ESPN and two years later we won nine games. It was a very solid class but outside of Duke, who was really a difference maker? This class is similar. Richt, I believe, is a better game day coach but recruiting-wise, they're about the same.

Listen, I'm different from most of you cats on here. I'm a bottom line kinda dude. I'm not interested in the coastal, I'm not interested in the ACC, I want the crystal ball and the golden megaphone that we call a national championship trophy. I'm not gonna blow smoke and pretend like this class is some sort of game changer, it's not. You should not lose four out of five top sofla dbs to those c*nts in Gainesville. Just shouldn't. I understand that McFarland got paid by Maryland but you can't be put in a position where he ****es in your mouth the way he did after months of being a silent commit and not have a back up plan. OL was a good haul and you landed an elite recruit in Donaldson and nice player in Gainer. I'm not as high on Herbert as recruiting services are. I thought we did as good as we could at receiver but Devonta Smith not even giving us the decency to attend a visit was discouraging going forward. Cornerback was a need position and while I think Bandy was the best corner in south Florida, and Dean has good size and speed, you needed another guy with speed. Henderson hurts, Edwards....Not so much.

The top players in that class were great. But we signed like 33 ppl that class and 20 of them were straight trash. You need to go back and examine that class and compare it to this one or even last class. We have some top guys this class like we did in 2012, but more importantly these are all Miami guys. They are all Miami quality guys, top to bottom. And that's why golden wasn't a good recruiter here.

This doesn't make any sense. In one breath you say the top players in that class were great but the rest were trash. How do you know this class is full of sure fire studs? Dykstra? Burns? Smith? Etc. I hope these guys pan out but there not world beaters by any means.

Is Donaldson better than Flowers?
Is Carter better than Bush?
Is Bandy better than Tracy Howard?

Who knows, but to act like Richt cleaned up in recruiting this year's is horsesh*t. He didn't.

Again, I'm not calling the class trash but it's not a big-time class either.

ESPN insiders and CBS loved this class. It's a very good class , either you're a troll or an idiot.

Can you go with both?

His argument is lame considering we actually have a staff that can coach and develop talent. Outside of corner and RB, I don't understand how anyone can crap on this class.

Who is crapping on the class? Not me. For the 3,543 time, it's a solid class. My argument is lame because it's not what you want to hear right now. You want to believe that this class will be the one to guide us to the promise land. I hope so too but like I said before, it's similarly rated to Golden's 2012 and 2014 classes. We will see how well this staff can develop over the next few years. I'll wait and see. I like Richt but considering that he was run out of Georgia for not winning the big one with good talent, I'll wait and see as opposed to jumping in head first like some of you sheep on here. We all believed in Golden too at one time (though most will deny it now).

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's a class that is above average for a 9-4 team that just won its first bowl game since the 2008 Micron PC Bowl. I'm happy. Build on it.

Very good class! I'll be looking forward to seeing the competition in the spring when guys start competing for positions. Getting both Harley and Thomas was huge. I can't wait to see how they'll utilize Dallas in the offense and seeing Evidence establish himself as a great red zone target. A lot of playmakers on offense coming in and it will be nice for us to have a skilled return man!

Advertisement
It's a class that is above average for a 9-4 team that just won its first bowl game since the 2008 Micron PC Bowl. I'm happy. Build on it.

This. We got to win games. We got to beat FSU. We win, then we top 5 in crootin class. If we keep getting our asses whipped by FSU we ain't gonna croot like them.

This. We got to win games. We got to beat FSU. We win, then we top 5 in crootin class. If we keep getting our asses whipped by FSU we ain't gonna croot like them.

Agreed with everything except not like they whipped us last year.. game was pretty much going our way till the very end ******* 1 little point!!!

Check your facts. The bottom line is, Golden wasn't that horrible of a recruiter in his first full class (2012). He had a top 10-11 class. He signed Tracy Howard, Malcolm Lewis, Tyriq McCord, Duke Johnson, Deon Bush, Ereck Flowers, and Preston Dewey. All of those names were rated four stars or better by ESPN and two years later we won nine games. It was a very solid class but outside of Duke, who was really a difference maker? This class is similar. Richt, I believe, is a better game day coach but recruiting-wise, they're about the same.

Listen, I'm different from most of you cats on here. I'm a bottom line kinda dude. I'm not interested in the coastal, I'm not interested in the ACC, I want the crystal ball and the golden megaphone that we call a national championship trophy. I'm not gonna blow smoke and pretend like this class is some sort of game changer, it's not. You should not lose four out of five top sofla dbs to those c*nts in Gainesville. Just shouldn't. I understand that McFarland got paid by Maryland but you can't be put in a position where he ****es in your mouth the way he did after months of being a silent commit and not have a back up plan. OL was a good haul and you landed an elite recruit in Donaldson and nice player in Gainer. I'm not as high on Herbert as recruiting services are. I thought we did as good as we could at receiver but Devonta Smith not even giving us the decency to attend a visit was discouraging going forward. Cornerback was a need position and while I think Bandy was the best corner in south Florida, and Dean has good size and speed, you needed another guy with speed. Henderson hurts, Edwards....Not so much.

The top players in that class were great. But we signed like 33 ppl that class and 20 of them were straight trash. You need to go back and examine that class and compare it to this one or even last class. We have some top guys this class like we did in 2012, but more importantly these are all Miami guys. They are all Miami quality guys, top to bottom. And that's why golden wasn't a good recruiter here.

This doesn't make any sense. In one breath you say the top players in that class were great but the rest were trash. How do you know this class is full of sure fire studs? Dykstra? Burns? Smith? Etc. I hope these guys pan out but there not world beaters by any means.

Is Donaldson better than Flowers?
Is Carter better than Bush?
Is Bandy better than Tracy Howard?

Who knows, but to act like Richt cleaned up in recruiting this year's is horsesh*t. He didn't.

Again, I'm not calling the class trash but it's not a big-time class either.

ESPN insiders and CBS loved this class. It's a very good class , either you're a troll or an idiot.

Again you're reading and interpreting what you want to, dummy. I've called this a solid class numerous times.

Comparing a class where there might be 3 guys that you think aren't Miami caliber to a class where there were at least 10-15 guys that weren't Miami caliber.

If you look at the 2012 class on NSD youd know a lot of those guys would be beasts. Same way I can tell you there will be a lot of beasts in this class. It's not complicated. This class is way better than 2012

Advertisement
I agree. You from Colon?

We got Thomas, so I'm happy...

The mopes can cry, bhitch & moan all they want, but I think this was a good class.
I'm originally from Liberty City Miami, but my mother is Afro-Panamanian, she grew up there before coming to America back in the 80's...

I visit family there almost every year & even lived there in Bocas Del Toro & Panama City for a year after I graduated College... Also lived down in Puebla Mexico for a year too.

oh sh*t... im half Panamanian too..my father is from Colon n i lived there for 8 years back n forth from Miami..he is there now, after he retired from federal government, he moved back in 2013...im visiting in the Winter or summer 2018

What a bunch of panty *** clowns. What 2 Florida cornerbacks would you pick over Bandy and Dean. Bandy was the unanimous # 1 CB in South Florida. Dean was the # 1 CB at JUCO. Is the Columbus kid better than Bandy and Dean? NO. Was the Miramar better than Bandy and Dean? NO. Davis was a safety all the way and I would not trade any of our 3 safeties for Davis. Who else? LOL What a bunch of prussies!

Mario Edwards is better than Dean and Bandy brah. Dean was a maybe syracuse level kid coming out of high school. Edwards is 6'3..Bandy for the most part will be a nickel type here.

Thanks. That's excellent. I have never visited Panama, but I did a speaking tour of Afro-Venezuelan communities including some Cumbes a number of years back, and when we lived in the DC area my son had a track teammate whose parents were from Colon. For many years I taught African Diaspora history and still have strong ties to different communities of people of African descent globally.

I agree. You from Colon?

The mopes can cry, bhitch & moan all they want, but I think this was a good class.
I'm originally from Liberty City Miami, but my mother is Afro-Panamanian, she grew up there before coming to America back in the 80's...

I visit family there almost every year & even lived there in Bocas Del Toro & Panama City for a year after I graduated College... Also lived down in Puebla Mexico for a year too.

Thanks. That's excellent. I have never visited Panama, but I did a speaking tour of Afro-Venezuelan communities including some Cumbes a number of years back, and when we lived in the DC area my son had a track teammate whose parents were from Colon. For many years I taught African Diaspora history and still have strong ties to different communities of people of African descent globally.

I agree. You from Colon?

That's whassup bro... Most people have no idea about that Cimmaron people & the other Afro Latino heritages all throughout Mexico, Central/South America & the Caribbean... It's a deep rooted history.

Advertisement
Wow!

I agree. You from Colon?

oh sh*t... im half Panamanian too..my father is from Colon n i lived there for 8 years back n forth from Miami..he is there now, after he retired from federal government, he moved back in 2013...im visiting in the Winter or summer 2018

Extremely rich culture and history. I agree most people aren't aware of the huge populations of African descended communities in the Americas and beyond the Americas.

I agree. You from Colon?

That's whassup bro... Most people have no idea about that Cimmaron people & the other Afro Latino heritages all throughout Mexico, Central/South America & the Caribbean... It's a deep rooted history.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back